tenaglia is rubbish

Lol clean your ears out son

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Re: Tenaglia @ The Egg

Nick Sneddon wrote:
Progged wrote:

tenaglia is rubbish

Never understood the fascination with Tenaglia. His mixes bore the hell out of me.

I know some would argue that to appreciate him you should experience him live. I've always believed that mixes and compilations are representative of the dj's tastes, why the hell would I want to pay to be bored for 10+ hours?  Do I really need to hear "Be Yourself" again? Or any of his most notable tracks, re-hashed, with whatever soon-to-be pop standard floating over it? No.

JonQPublik wrote:
Nick Sneddon wrote:
Progged wrote:

tenaglia is rubbish

Never understood the fascination with Tenaglia. His mixes bore the hell out of me.

I know some would argue that to appreciate him you should experience him live. I've always believed that mixes and compilations are representative of the dj's tastes, why the hell would I want to pay to be bored for 10+ hours?  Do I really need to hear "Be Yourself" again? Or any of his most notable tracks, re-hashed, with whatever soon-to-be pop standard floating over it? No.

Have you actually heard him?

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Not bad.

Hes not as bad as Junior Vasquez

Not bad at all.

first time i saw him was in privilege ibize ~10yrs ago
was doing a 12 hr set
was there for 10 of it & it still is to this day the best set i've ever heard
still gutted i missed the other 2hrs

prob one of the most naturally gifted DJs i reckon
when he plays live it sounds completely different to any compliations/recorded mixes i've heard.
He doesnt really play individual songs so much a just create a wall of beats

beatFREAK

He's a 100mph ball bag but a superb dj imo.

JonQPublik wrote:
Nick Sneddon wrote:
Progged wrote:

tenaglia is rubbish

None of his mixes do him justice. I was a skeptic for a long time, thought he just played a lot of boring tribal house...then I saw him a couple of times and he was fantastic. He's a much more versatile DJ than people give him credit for -- he can blend a lot of different styles with ease. Much like Danny Howells on his day.

Even Zackster wouldn't chart this bollix.

Seen Danny T be hit and miss.

Best heard in dark sweaty nightclubs.

Wearing hotpants

First saw Tenaglia in '98 @ Space in Ibiza.  Relentless set.  Followed by Sasha who played until the sun came up.  Then on to Bora Bora when the real partying started.

Quite the evening/morning, i can assure you.

As mentioned by folks arleady, he's a proper bell end, but superb at what he does.

Yant wrote:

First saw Tenaglia in '98 @ Space in Ibiza.  Relentless set.  Followed by Sasha who played until the sun came up.  Then on to Bora Bora when the real partying started.

Quite the evening/morning, i can assure you.

As mentioned by folks arleady, he's a proper bell end, but superb at what he does.

Always good to have your assurance on such matters Yant.

Presto wrote:

Not bad at all.

Superb stuff.

Might be ancient, still rather see him (or Francois K) than some of the shite currently raved about like Seth Troxler.

草泥马

Still sounds good