Topic: Jay Kaufman presents Night Shift 4 - August 19th, 2013

http://soundcloud.com/jaykaufman/jay-ka … ents-night

While I have moved away from the progressive house sound - especially after a lot of people started to try and make the next 'Faxing Berlin' by Deadmau5 (and what that variant has become) - I have not given up my love for this genre. These tunes aren't all new. Some have been around for a while, but I haven't found a mix to place them because frankly, finding the sound I like is difficult to do in mass quantities. So this is a mix of good music in my opinion.... Driving progressive house with melodies that are well thought out and not too obvious. This isn't the Beatport-defined genre progressive house. This is a sound inspired by Sasha and Digweed in their heyday - albeit with a modern 2013 twist.

Mixed, mastered and engineered by Jay Kaufman at Intellect SoundSource Studios - Fergus, ON, Canada. Additional production by Jay Kaufman. All copyrights held by their respective owners/creators.

Jay Kaufman presents Night Shift 4 - August 8th, 2013

ARTIST - TRACK TITLE - LABEL - CATALOGUE NUMBER

1. Aaron Static - Intro - Redemption - This Is For You
2. WestBam featuring Richard Butler - You Need The Drugs - Götterstrasse - Vertigo Berlin
3. Kollektiv Turmstrasse - Schwindelig (Ian O'Donovan remix) - Rebellion der Träumer Remix Collection - Connaisseur Recordings 014
4. Guy Gerber and Clarian - Claire - Chemical Gardens E.P. - Visionquest 024
5. Phonogenic - DesenJumi - DesenJumi E.P. - Tenampa Recordings B/W Aaron Static - A Final Warning - Redemption - This Is For You
6. Nick Höppner - Red Hook Soil - Red Hook Soil E.P. - Osgut Ton 069
7. Dave DK featuring Heiko Voss - Home Again (Dub Version) - Palmalle E.P. - Kompakt Records 277
8. Close featuring Charlene Soraia & Scuba - Beam Me Up (Original mix) - K7! 309
9. Ricky Ryan - Gorilla Glass (Kosmas mix) - Avangardia 036
10. Fort Romeau - Jetée - Jetée E.P. - Ghostly International 183
11. Dave DK - Palmaille - Palmalle E.P. - Kompakt Records 277
12. Habischman featuring Cari Golden - Diabolic (Martin Dawson remix) - Noir Music
13. Jess Mills - Pixelated People (Hal Incandenza [Henry Saiz] remix) - Island Records
14. Dousk - Look Good Tonight - Bisocial E.P. - Proton 219
15. Colin McNeil - The Future - Perceptions E.P. - Eevo Next Recordings 041

Last edited by loopdokter (Wednesday Aug 2013 12:37:51)

Re: Jay Kaufman presents Night Shift 4 - August 19th, 2013

In the queue for a listen Jay. I like a few of the tunes on the list. That Dousk track is let down by the overwrought vox imo as the beats are great.

------------
Millsy , you're a board titan and beyond mere platitudes. Your contribution speaks for itself.

niton (Oct 14)

I like it Jay. Clarian and GG track at 15 min is top ace, and more nice picks big_smile. The sound quality is also superb.

Thanks mate

Last edited by Spiegel (Thursday Aug 2013 00:23:00)

I am MateGreen Registered: Wednesday Oct 2002

https://soundcloud.com/mategreen

Always nice to have a back story to go with a mix.

Mixed, mastered and engineered and additional production

LOL its only a fucking mix.

Part of the problem

I just stuck mine on Audacity and had a wank while it normalised.

------------
Millsy , you're a board titan and beyond mere platitudes. Your contribution speaks for itself.

niton (Oct 14)

Dermo wrote:

LOL, what a complete wanker. It doenst get any more pretentious than that, unless he added 'live & direct.'

Hasnt he taken the piss out of this Sasa Savic guy too? Same league if you ask me.

DJ Matt Black. Continuously dumbfounding the masses with his cryptic and incoherent reviews.

I remaster every old track, cos they sound crap, in an EAW. Derm, you are not on music production, aye?

http://www.performancesound.com/KornToyota0709%20029.jpg

loopdokter wrote:

Driving progressive house with melodies that are well thought out and not too obvious.

Bahahaha don't you just want to twat him?

Part of the problem

millsy23 wrote:

In the queue for a listen Jay. I like a few of the tunes on the list. That Dousk track is let down by the overwrought vox imo as the beats are great.

I love that Dousk track and the sample too.

Dermo wrote:

Except unlike your absolutely astounding no show of a modern mystery to DJ mixes, I spend a great deal of time on mine adding effects, hits and so forth - which qualifies as audio production.  I also master the final mix as well so the levels aren't all over the shop and it sounds good on whatever it's played on.

Frankly, until you whack one of your masterpieces up on here to prove us all wrong, you've got no leverage and nothing really worth saying that anyone should listen to when it comes to mixes. 

When I see you open your fat gob now it just comes across as unintelligible shouting.  You've always got something to say, but it never amounts to much other than making disparaging comments towards others in efforts to avoid thinking about your no doubt highly flawed life.

In other words, get to fuck as per. smile

Last edited by loopdokter (Thursday Aug 2013 11:36:48)

I appreciate the work youve put in, Loopy.  Hes right though, its just a mix. If its good enough youll get plaudits. Theres really no need to post up the other shit as if youre larging it up on the cover of Mixmag.

Ill give it a listen for sure. Lots of fuckers are upping the ante around here. Been good of late.

DJ Matt Black. Continuously dumbfounding the masses with his cryptic and incoherent reviews.

starcreeper wrote:

Theres really no need to post up the other shit as if youre larging it up on the cover of Mixmag.

It's no Involver 3, but I do a lot of things to the mix that others may not realize happens upon first listen.

haha go and wire yourself up to the fucking mains for fuck sake.

Part of the problem

loopdokter wrote:

It's no Involver 3............

I may give it a listen then!!

Liked this Jay. That Claire track is a peach. Nice one.

Not sure about the Jay Kaufman logo however...

------------

niton (Oct 14)

I like the logo, the mix and the new commanding putting Dermo back in his box Jay Kauffman.

lol   Jay is standing on ground.

millsy23 wrote:

Liked this Jay. That Claire track is a peach. Nice one.

Not sure about the Jay Kaufman logo however...

Thanks mate. That Claire track is easily the best tune of the year for me. It's a beast. I played it the other night at a little gig in Waterloo's town square and even my mum was throwing shapes to it. Yes, my mum likes prog house.

The log was actually designed by Dutch producer Revolt if you remember him from GU.

P.S. Did Dermo say something in here? I thought I heard some unintelligible shouting off in the distance.

Last edited by loopdokter (Friday Aug 2013 08:56:02)

You gonna blast off the Mixlr.com some night, Loopy?

Sounds like a good mix Loopy...do cut out all the pretentious bollox though!

loopdokter wrote:
Dermo wrote:

Except unlike your absolutely astounding no show of a modern mystery to DJ mixes, I spend a great deal of time on mine adding effects, hits and so forth - which qualifies as audio production.  I also master the final mix as well so the levels aren't all over the shop and it sounds good on whatever it's played on.

Frankly, until you whack one of your masterpieces up on here to prove us all wrong, you've got no leverage and nothing really worth saying that anyone should listen to when it comes to mixes. 

When I see you open your fat gob now it just comes across as unintelligible shouting.  You've always got something to say, but it never amounts to much other than making disparaging comments towards others in efforts to avoid thinking about your no doubt highly flawed life.

In other words, get to fuck as per. smile

the olde 'you cant criticise something unless you've done it yourself' bollox? Oh yes.
I wasnt criticising your mix was I? I was pointing out what a conplete fucking over pretentious douche bag you are. You do the hard work for me.

Last edited by Dermo (Saturday Aug 2013 01:22:40)

Part of the problem

Deermo, if u want a little brother, than go home and...

big_smile

Last edited by Spiegel (Saturday Aug 2013 03:45:57)

Dermo, pictured below:

http://www.guystuffcounseling.com/Portals/31983/images//bigstockphoto_Anger__1167749-resized-600.jpg