Topic: Allen Heath Xone 22

Anyone use this before? I'm mainly on two turntables - might get Into traktor by the end of the year. Getting for $360. Worth a buy? Kinda sick of my vestax pcv275 plus have to use a heavy as fuck converter since I bought it in the states and use it here in India.

Re: Allen Heath Xone 22

they're not bad mixers... usual A&H build quality and far superior to the 275

Had the Xone 92 for ages.

As erik mentioned, A&H are very good.

I have the xone 32. Great sound quality. For the price the 22 looks a good choice.

Hmmm... might be a bit pedantic, but there's no power button on the 22, that's a bit ghetto isn't it?

Also, really really stupid question, but can I control the EQs in my headphones with the Xone 22? The last time I used a Xone (many years ago at some random club) - I couldn't control the eqs while I was cueing and it really did my head in.

Diminished Responsibility wrote:

Hmmm... might be a bit pedantic, but there's no power button on the 22, that's a bit ghetto isn't it?

I'm probably gonna regret this but ghetto how?

haha... come on. Having to pull out a plug point to switch it on and off is a bit prehistoric isn't it? It's allen and heath - surely they could have worked in an on-off switch. Won't deter me though - picking it up this monday!

Some mixer that is Rhouses LOL

Part of the problem

I think it's just the 22i that has no on switch as it can also run off a car battery.

------------
Millsy , you're a board titan and beyond mere platitudes. Your contribution speaks for itself.

niton (Oct 14)

I wish the Xone 42 existed when I was in the market for a mixer. I'd be all over one of those.
The 62 will give me many more years of happiness, I'm sure.

None of this is really relevant to you, Rhouses.

hhahaa millsy don't confuse me even more!

Nah presto, it's kinda relevant... ideally i would have loved to have got my hands on the 32, but it's out of stock with the distributors here and they're not bring anymore in. Need to think about paying double for the 42...

Xone 42 looks very interesting. A&H's newer mixers do look a bit Fisher Price though, but the specs on that 42 are great.

That 22 looks like one of those old shitty KAM battle mixers from the early 90s. In other words 'shit'.
Sort it out Rhouses.

Part of the problem

Rhouses, battling hard:

http://www.djjaz.net/pictures/Dj_Jaz_Club_Primal.JPG

Try to avoid what Millsy bought.

sabotini wrote:

Xone 42 looks very interesting. A&H's newer mixers do look a bit Fisher Price though, but the specs on that 42 are great.

Food for thought sabs... let me think it over the weekend.

@Dermo - It simple, compact, easy to use and I only need two channels!

Definitely have to win on it's build quality. Not really got much else going for it. Pretty vanilla feature set

Presto wrote:

I wish the Xone 42 existed when I was in the market for a mixer. I'd be all over one of those.
The 62 will give me many more years of happiness, I'm sure.

None of this is really relevant to you, Rhouses.

I've had a 42 for about 2 years now since my 700 died, best mixer I've owned