Topic: Electric Zoo last day cancelled

Two people dead and a few more in intensive care due to bad beans. Can't remember any festivals in the UK shutting down due to deaths. Sad news but its a persons choice to take drugs in the first place. Shutting it down will only add to the media jumping all over it.

The beginning of the end for EDM ? Can't see big business wanting to be associated with too many mare incidents like this. After all, EDM is just a commercial vessel.

http://gothamist.com/2013/09/01/electri … led_du.php

Re: Electric Zoo last day cancelled

Americans in not being able to handle drugs shocker.

Big Fella wrote:

Americans in not being able to handle drugs shocker.

Inappropriate LOL

What is it with all the bad pills these days?  i've heard of more deaths in the last couple of years then i have in the last 20 combined.

The strength has probably caught people out. Especially if they used to pop a load of weak ones.,

SimonR

monostereo wrote:

What is it with all the bad pills these days?  i've heard of more deaths in the last couple of years then i have in the last 20 combined.

It's PMA - really nasty leathal drug that's becoming more common. Trace amounts of PMMA are often found in pills because of a of an impurity found in safrol called Estragole. The estragole has a similiar structure to PMMA but is also an analog of safol thus is carried through all the synth processes until MDMA and a trace amount of PMMA is made.

PMA or PMMA is attractive to make because Anise Oil is much easier to obtain than Sassafras/Safol however the synthesis process is identical to mdma from safrol.

Last edited by G... (Sunday Sep 2013 13:41:13)

G... wrote:
monostereo wrote:

It's PMA - really nasty leathal drug that's becoming more common. Trace amounts of PMMA are often found in pills because of a of an impurity found in safrol called Estragole. The estragole has a similiar structure to PMMA but is also an analog of safol thus is carried through all the synth processes until MDMA and a trace amount of PMMA is made.

PMA or PMMA is attractive to make because Anise Oil is much easier to obtain than Sassafras/Safol however the synthesis process is identical to mdma from safrol.

So people are trying to make pills with anise oil instead of safrol due to cost/availability? And this is why PMA pills are made instead of MDMA?

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

Hoping this doesn't affect the good (and death free!) venues around the city.

I delivered RAVE Act petitions to congress a decade ago and saw clubs like BUZZ in DC get shut down. Hopefully, this just ends these money grab festivals where kids have to take 20 caps to tolerate Avicii.

chuffer wrote:
G... wrote:
monostereo wrote:

So people are trying to make pills with anise oil instead of safrol due to cost/availability? And this is why PMA pills are made instead of MDMA?

That's right. It's very easy to over do it with PMA and serotonin syndrome kicks in. Very unpleasant way to go.

Presumably then people are also going round with bags of "Pamela" then, under the misapprehension it's "Mandy"?

simonr wrote:

The strength has probably caught people out. Especially if they used to pop a load of weak ones.,

Its alright lads. Simonr is on the case, lol.

DJ Matt Black. Continuously dumbfounding the masses with his cryptic and incoherent reviews.

Lets hope someone slips SimonR one of these. Imagine how much chang that snozzle would hoover up? If he wasn't a Dandelion & Burdock with a straw drinker, that is.

Part of the problem

Hope the mick mills improve by the time I get to NYC.

Here we go.....let the circus begin. Media now found out the Twilo link to Made events and bringing up hiding out of it clubbers and hired ambulances blah blah blah....

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ele … -1.1444313

The girl who died did 6 beans .... Not sure how strong they are nowadays but in my late 90s heyday that would have blown my head off so she should have been a bit more reserved. Very sad news don't get me wrong but the onus of blame is on her not Made Events.

That's what's wrong with the US. Someone else is always to blame.

My all time record in a night is 6 and I'm still here.

Part of the problem

MarcusR wrote:

That's what's wrong with the US. Someone else is always to blame.

I'm not a fan of the US, but the UK went through a similar escapade with Leah Betts and tabloids have continued to do so here and there ever since.

Acid House as a whole was heavily slated in mainstream media at the time.

LOL 'Jay Loopdoktor, British youth culture correspondent, News at Ten'.

Seriously what the fucking blithering fuck are you on about? Acid house? Leah Betts died in 95. Nowhere fucking near the acid house era.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Seriously what the fucking blithering fuck are you on about? Acid house? Leah Betts died in 95. Nowhere fucking near the acid house era.

Read what I said again.  I wasn't linking the two other than the media uproar they received you numpty.  I didn't say they were a contiguous event.

ha-ha did you bollox

loopdokter wrote:

Acid House as a whole was heavily slated in mainstream media at the time.

No it wasn't.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Much to everyones fuckin' chagrin.

SimonR

MarcusR wrote:

The girl who died did 6 beans ....

lightweight

simonr wrote:
Dermo wrote:

I'm no wine quaffing, grey goose sipping club twat, watching what the dj is drinking, SimonR.

Part of the problem

Most of the people in that report look too fat to be regularly boshing the pill-fast plan. Lightweights, the lot of them.

Dermo wrote:
simonr wrote:
Dermo wrote:

I'm no wine quaffing, grey goose sipping club twat, watching what the dj is drinking, SimonR.

You're just a morose twat this sits on the internet with fuck all else to do derms.

How's that mix coming along ?

SimonR

What are you going to measure it on? SimonR, grown man reading Digweeds mixes and drinking habits 2008-2013

Part of the problem