Topic: I need somewhere to go in London this saturday.....

Its bank holiday weekend, therefore I need to get my dancing shoes on and boogie, however I cant find anything that jumps out and grabs me by the whatsits. Please help me.

Has anyone been to Subterrian @ The End? if so whats the music like and is it any good?

If theres nothing on this saturday (I suppose there is always Fabric, but I would prefer to leave that until Sir Laurent garnier sometime in sept), is there anything good on sunday night? Is the Elements boat party still on?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated, cheers

Trix

p.s. jammie dodgers go to the best suggestions.

<i></i>

Re: I need somewhere to go in London this saturday.....

Subterrain @ the End was really good when I went a couple of months ago (for the birthday w/ Mr. C) but also quite touch-and-go.  The first two DJs were amazing, last one was a bit poo which deadened the edge of the night a bit... It is a pretty techno night (not Bedrock at all) but I'd definitely recommend it.

If you do go, look out for the tall Swedish man with sunglasses.  He's always there, and I've now seen him at Bedrock too!
<i></i>

So, what do you wanna do?

elements boat party ain't on anymore    they're doing some thing in a pub in tufnell park instead i think...

haven't been to subterrian so can't comment on that one sorry
<i></i>

Subterrain is a storming night - usually quite driving in room 1 and slightly less so in room 2. AKA is open though which (imo) is when the End is at its best.

Line-up looks rather pleasing too   
<i></i>

[img]http://www.geocities.com/snake0074/snk/duck-breakdance.gif[/img]

the name "tonic wine" does not imply health giving or medicinal properties

Fabric on Saturday, Sleep Sunday, Carnival on Monday. Prince Bonapart for some Tyrant action and Notting Hill arts club for some old skool hip hop action.

<b>gecko</b>

www.phatplastic.com

<i></i>

Shake your shammy like a bitch on heat!

Good luck Gecko.
<i></i>

I have been to Subterrain a couple of times..

fairly hard night - tech house/techno.

the last 2 i went to were Sven Vath and Richie Hawtin as guests...It's usually a fun night, with a nice crowd.  This weeks guests are Francis Harris & Jay Tripwire.

Little Louie Vega is playing @ MOS for the house heads.

I'm going to a party on Sunday run by kHz (& the Telegraph), with Tom Middleton, Dub Pistols, James Holden and quite a few surprise guests they tell me...venue unknown to me, but i am finding out tomorrow (somewhere near Notting Hill Carnival).

Satoshi Tomiie is playing the Cross Sunday night i think??   
<i></i>

Good luck? Why? Does he have a stall there this weekend?   
<i></i>

cheers for the responses. Looks like I will have to give Subteranian a go, although I like the sound of the Khz party, so if there are any more details I would like to here about it.

I might even be tempted by a few cans of Red Stripe down at the Notting Hill Carnival!!!

I've just realised that I cant like my job as I am planning my weekend already.........roll on friday!!!!

soup of the day - sweet red pepper.
<i></i>

Go with Gecko's choice - Tyrant in the Bonaparte (best pub in London) is the way forward. Pity I can't make it but I had a choice of carnival or Ibiza and chose the latter

p.s. didn't Sasha play at some pub around Notthing Hill during the carnical last year or am I making that up?
<i></i>

what sort of time do u reckon to get the the "Bona", Shealan?? me and my mate might be comin up - one of our friends lives right round the corner from the pub which is well handy 

Hodge
<i></i>

Have u got more details regarding Tyrant @ Bonaparte. Such as where is it and what time does it run from and finish. Cheers, sounds like it should be fun.....just what doctor dolittle ordered!!!
<i></i>

- Pub is open all day

- don't usually need a ticket but worth calling them up to check (# is 7313 9491)

- pub is on the Chepstow Road (at the junction with Talbot Road)

- best tube station is Royal Oak as westbourne Park will be mental

- haven't got a clue when Tyrant are playing - ask if you phone them. when I went a few years ago they played on an off during the afternoon / evening

hope this helps
<i></i>

cheers for that mate, I think I will head down there some point in the day.
<i></i>

I recommend X-press 2 at the crash club in vauxhall. It's their first night of their new night muzikizm.

Fat chance you'll get into the bonaparte and if you do then you'll be crushed like a sardine + nottingbhill is a carnival of criminals this weekend
<i></i>

Halo & Hipp-e @ Fabric !!

No competition!
<i></i>