Topic: Robocop

Is there anything that these cunts in Hollywood won't ruin?  Another remake that offers nothing that the original hadn't already covered.

Re: Robocop

Yant wrote:

Is there anything that these cunts in Hollywood won't ruin?  Another remake that offers nothing that the original hadn't already covered.

The original is total and utter shit, this can only be better.

The original was a violent cult classic, Grant with a cast of nobody actors.

I was 12 when it came out and to me it was the best thing ever in the world amen.  A man-robot cop who had a gun that came out the side of his leg and loads of blood and guts being spilled throughout the movie.  What was there not to like as a 12 year old?

Fucking great.  I'm 37 now, so this remake looks shit.

Last edited by Yant (Friday Sep 2013 02:09:47)

Cult classic ?

mr rossi wrote:

Cult classic ?

Ok, maybe pushing it there.

Yant wrote:

The original was a violent cult classic, Grant with a cast of nobody actors.

I was 12 when it came out and to me it was the best thing ever in the world amen.  A man-robot cop who had a gun that came out the side of his leg and loads of blood and guts being spilled throughout the movie.  What was there not to like as a 12 year old?

Fucking great.  I'm 37 now, so this remake looks shit.

I used to think Scooby Doo was great, but my tastes changed as I got older.

Cult Classic - is that a typo?

Yep, should read Cunt Classic.

Yep Robocop was shit for its time and still is. Expect Strudders and mattblack to wade in on the pro's front.

Part of the problem

Behave yourselves, it’s a great film

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

The original was a class action movie, with funny commercials, and a sarcastic edge, as usual from the great director Verhoeven. Also Peter Weller is a uique actor, played well the robocop character.

Im a huge fan of Verhoeven, and all of the remakes of his old films were sh!t. Like these new robocop, looks silly like dermo.

I am MateGreen Registered: Wednesday Oct 2002

https://soundcloud.com/mategreen

Another crafty pop at me Borat? Noted.

Part of the problem

The only good bit in the original is when that guy falls into some toxic waste, starts melting, then gets hit by car

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

"silly like dermo"  noted on the spreadsheet, its a great idiom, would be an everyday phrase hopefully.

'Pidgin like Borat'.

Part of the problem

chuffer wrote:

The only good bit in the original is when that guy falls into some toxic waste, starts melting, then gets hit by car

there were another strange scenes as well, worth watching again.

Nick Sneddon wrote:

Behave yourselves, it’s a great film

This ffs.

I particularly liked the scene where Bob Morton enoyed a toot off a hookers tit, only to be shot in both legs then blown up moments later.

Legend.

If you want to talk about shit originals being remade to be even more shit, here you go;

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1291150/

Last edited by Yant (Friday Sep 2013 03:16:22)

Ah crap, I thought Darren Aronofsky was handling the remake and got all excitable.

Trailer makes it look like a promo for a new TV series which is just a new character created from merging Automan and Streethawk.

Oh and those saying the original is crap. Please tell us what you considered a great film from the same time?. This was a great film and still is.

Where is Dermo's cunt thread?

have decided that Grant is devoid of any sense of 'having a laugh'

lol @ Rhouses getting wet over Aronofsky

original Robocop was great - remember watching on pirate VHS when i was 14 - good times

Paul Verhoeven (sp) made classic 80s and 90s films - Robocop, Total Recall, Basic Instinct, Starship Troopers, Showgirls...

Robocop 2 was shite - though props to giving the baddie Robocop a robot penis - lol

Verhoeven was miles off with his depiction of Detriot as a violent, run down wasteland.....

Big Fella wrote:

Good point. Hannu must like Eamonn Holmes. Shame it was reasonably harmless too.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

Good point. Hannu must like Eamonn Holmes. Shame it was reasonably harmless too.

It seems MateGreen has managed to reach something...  big_smile

What you on about pidgin boy?

Last edited by Dermo (Friday Sep 2013 04:59:20)

Part of the problem