Re: New Traktor mixer..

...new S2/S4 announced:

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/tr … ntent=2569

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Unbroken1 wrote:

...new S2/S4 announced:

Was going to post about this earlier...no real change then except some colour added to the buttons hmm

liquitech1 wrote:
Unbroken1 wrote:

...new S2/S4 announced:

Was going to post about this earlier...no real change then except some colour added to the buttons hmm

And it's now iPad/ iPhone compatible

^^
...that means so little to me I completely blanked it. smile

Why does it need to be so fucking glossy? Just like glossy, reflective computer screens; fuck off

I think most people with ipads and iphones will just buy the Z1 for £199 rather than shell out for this

Have they resolved any of the issues? Like no booth out etc etc. Cant be arsed to read it. Still glad I went the X1, Z1 route.

Part of the problem

...not a massive leap forward is it?

People who buy this will not be plugging-in iPads/iPhones for starters... finally has separate booth-out but still no balanced XLR outs which was the other major flaw in the Mk1.

Aluminium platters are nice but would have liked to see the rest of the build brought up to scratch too.

I'll be getting a new mixer to go with the X1's instead...

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

You not interested in the Z1 Damo then?

Part of the problem

Still no jog wheel module either? Surely it doesn't take cunts like me to point out every one wants one?

Part of the problem

...almost bought one just for larking about with but bought the new X1 when that came out instead and am now in the market for another.

To be honest, really missing the heft/build of a proper mixer so think I'll go that route, not decided which one yet, something with a built-in soundcard I reckon

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

i'm surprised how quickly i got used to the plasticy'er feel of the Z1. All i miss is my fucking jog wheels though.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

i'm surprised how quickly i got used to the plasticy'er feel of the Z1. All i miss is my fucking jog wheels though.

They should just bring out a version of the Z1 with jog wheels and proper outputs, sorted

Correct. What's the fucking problem?

Part of the problem

...you'd think the modular jog-wheel thing would be the logical step, but I reckon NI assume that people that buy the modular gear don't mix in that way

I also think they see the Z1 as a house-party mixer to be used with iPads/iPhones, can't see them putting proper outputs on it

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

it is a bit naff the z1 compared to purpose built mixers, but so fucking easy to carry round

Part of the problem

Genuine question - what set the latest versions of Traktor and Serato apart from each other?

...yeah, the Z1's are great, they'll sell shitloads IMO

Great fun though it is, been finding with my controller there's a very slight lag.. had a go on a 92 with 2x X1's and it felt so much tighter. Think it's something to do with the fact that Traktor is mixing internally when you use the controller, (audio mixed in the computer, output from the sound card), but when you go the mixer route, audio is fed through different channels of the mixer, and it feels much more like a traditional TT/CDJ & mixer setup.

smash: not looked that closely at Serato in ages but heard it's had some major changes, honestly think NI have lost ground by trying to corner the controller market & not certifying mixers made by the other brands. Serato has by far the better hardware options at the moment IMO

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Price wise though most of the Traktor range is a bit of a rip off, theyre doing a headphone splitter cable for 20 quid, you can get one from Amaxon for less than a fiver

Had a go with all the new kit when I was at BPM last weekend.

Fundamentally, the way they're positioning their products as a modular system is a great idea. Take what you want, and if you fancy shelling out three times over later for other features you can do as you hit the limits with what you have.

Although the New Kontrol S2/S4's don't have the biggest feature set advancement going unless you're considering iOS integration. Otherwise they're fairly cosmetic updates. Hence i've advised my flatmate to save £200 and get a MK1

Ha! In your face Dermo!!!

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

I think unless youre planning on using IOS integration its not worth shelling out the extra cash for the new S2/ S4

Where would we be without you, Matt?

millsy23 wrote:

Ha! In your face Dermo!!!

LOL its all about the pilot.

Part of the problem