Re: Breaking Bad.

Pricer wrote:
drwho13 wrote:

First few seasons were good, but the show overall is hogwash.

I Gave up after season 3.

I can't put my finger on it, but there's something about Breaking Bad that just doesn't sit right with me. I also got sick of Jessy walking around with a scowly face all the time. Smile for fuck sake.

It becomes a one-trick pony. The jarring and grating sound effects that are used over and over to build tension become comical once you catch on.

The hype has become the show. Bit of Emperor's New Clothes syndrome going on.

Wally wrote:
Foxy Stoat wrote:
drwho13 wrote:

First few seasons were good, but the show overall is hogwash.

Ban request.

Defo. Think its been the total opposite. More like a slow boil and its just got better and better. The first two seasons were quite sombre and borderline maudlin in places but as soon as saul / gus come into it it really took off. Only just finished season four but its been absolutely brilliant.

Once Gus came on he quickly became a caricature that was completely unbelievable. I did like Mike the entire time and Saul was excellent up until I stopped watching towards the end of Season 4.

LOL So hang on...... You watched over 50 episodes then decided it was 'hogwash' ? Have a fucking word.

Part of the problem

I watched about 40-43 episodes 30 of which I thought were pretty good.

The show kept getting worse and worse. So yeah, I think it was a good show that turned to shit. Not so crazy.

drwho13 wrote:

The show kept getting worse and worse. So yeah, I think it was a good show that turned to shit. Not so crazy.

Such a shame you gave in. Last nights episode was the best entertainment Ive had from TV in years. Its been a slow boiler but fuck me that was good.

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*  "One game at a time lads" - Strudders (Mar,Apr,May 2014)

starcreeper wrote:
drwho13 wrote:

Such a shame you gave in. Last nights episode was the best entertainment Ive had from TV in years. Its been a slow boiler but fuck me that was good.

A very entertaining episode indeed. Looking forward to the final 2 now, I wonder what other surprises they have written in?

Last edited by Phil Istine (Tuesday Sep 2013 06:10:19)

I wish someone would kill Skyler and her sister. Pair of fucking cunts.

Part of the problem

starcreeper wrote:
drwho13 wrote:

I'll probably report back in a couple years and call myself stupid for not finishing it.

Went back to season 1 and 2 and it really isn't slow paced at all. It's the arc with Tuco, he makes his first kill, he blows up shit, does his first cook in the dessert... it's pretty crazy actually. That being said it does taper down once Jane comes into the scene.

Yesterday's episode was definitely some of the best TV i've ever come across... on the same level as the train heist from last year.

Dermo wrote:

I wish someone would kill Skyler and her sister. Pair of fucking cunts.

hahahahah. And please Jesse too! But that Skyler is fuken annoying.

These last few episodes were mental, very dark. Only 2 more to go now.

The best episode was the one with Hector ringing his bell to alert Tuco to the dodgy chilli sauce.

Back in those days it was a program for dudes but since it went mainstream it's mainly about women arguing.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King
Legs are very frickin important parts of the woman, thin ankle and tense bop is a must.
MateGreen

chromosome_junction wrote:

Back in those days it was a program for dudes but since it went mainstream it's mainly about women arguing.

And this is Breaking Bad we're talking about yeah? 

... but since it went mainstream it's mainly about women arguing.

Frankly mate I can't even remotely agree with either of the assertions you make in that sentence. 

Really?

sorry mate, can I just check, your position is that the amount of screen time devoted to women and their feelings has stayed more or less the same from series one to the last series?

That's what you're saying?

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King
Legs are very frickin important parts of the woman, thin ankle and tense bop is a must.
MateGreen

... but since it went mainstream it's mainly about women arguing.

sorry mate, can I just check, your position is that the amount of screen time devoted to women and their feelings has stayed more or less the same from series one to the last series?

That's what you're saying?

No.

My position is that when you say it's; i) 'gone mainstream', and ii) 'mainly about women arguing', you're chatting shit.

That's what I'm saying.

my dad watches it. literally everyone talks about it. and it mainly is about women arguing. skyler and hank's bitch take up more time than anything else.

you are actually factually wrong. sorry mate.

Martin Luther King
MateGreen

my dad watches it. literally everyone talks about it. and it mainly is about women arguing. skyler and hank's bitch take up more time than anything else.

you are actually factually wrong. sorry mate.

Your Dad watches it eh?!?!  Fuck me...  Well, in that case - for the abso-fucking-lute nothing that it's worth, no one else in my family watches it.  At all.  And less than 50% of my mates are on it and even then most that do are on box-set 2 or 3.  In all honesty mate not 'literally everyone talks about it', do they?

'Hank's bitch' has barely been in the last few episodes, let alone 'taking up more time than anything else' arguing with Skyler.

You are 'factually' full of hyperbolic shit.  And I'm not even remotely apologising for stating that truth.

ok mate, sorry, didn't mean to insult your favourite program or anything.

Martin Luther King
MateGreen

ok mate, sorry, didn't mean to insult your favourite program

If you're going to apologise then at least do it for the right thing eh?!  You didn't 'insult my favourite program' - you just spewed loads of uttter shite and then tried to correct me when I challenged you.

Apologise for that by all means...

Last edited by smashdad (Tuesday Sep 2013 15:06:08)

you're absolutely right mate, and for that i apologise.

is it just me or is anyone else a bit worried about smashdad lately? he seems close to a mental breakdown imo.

Martin Luther King
MateGreen

you're absolutely right mate, and for that i apologise.

is it just me or is anyone else a bit worried about smashdad lately? he seems close to a mental breakdown imo.

Hehehehehehe - I call you out for wild exaggeration and your response is to claim you're worried about me 'cos you think I'm close to a breakdown?!?!

Can you see that irony in that?!  Jesus suffering fuck...

Last edited by smashdad (Tuesday Sep 2013 15:23:58)

Shades of Walt and Jesse in this developing board relationship.

Smashdad loves an argument.

sabotini wrote:

Smashdad loves an argument.

Grammar is his speciality.

millsy23 wrote:

Shades of Walt and Jesse in this developing board relationship.

Smashy's also using a gambling addiction as a cover story (see The Bedrock Sporting Bet Thread).

millsy23 wrote:

Shades of Frank and Betty in this developing board relationship.

... corrected...