Topic: Guy Gerber's EM

Sounding pretty good, not hitting the Dixon level, but lots of exclusives and a live feel to it.

Nice to see the reverence GG has for the show too:

'Guys wether u liked my mix or not, I'm just really thankful for the fact so many of u took the time to listen to it.i have been reading the twitter posts of some people staying in bed and listening to the radio and it reminded how I used to do the same ,many years ago ,but I was surprised that people still take their time in a world that everything is downloadable and there is so much data moving around ,and u can have 3 different albums in your ipod with just 3 clicks . I also want to thank the guys at radio 1 for preserving that state of mind of waiting for a special broadcast and listening to it in real time for so many years .its kind of mind blowing how its still get people excited .respect'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b039xh33
http://soundcloud.com/everybodywantstob … l-mix-2013

SimonR

Re: Guy Gerber's EM

Sounding fine so far, about 45 minutes in.

Cheers Simon. Will download shortly.

"Really happy people aren’t pursuing happiness, you ever notice?"

Best mix I have heard in a very long time. I liked Dixons EM as well, but this feels so fresh while giving a hint of old school at the same time.

Listened 3 times now and it just gets better each time.

This is better than Dixons.

Got to say I agree with you there Ed. Both are amazing though, but this edges it.

Prefer Dixons, but this is very enjoyable too. Ends very well.

Absolutely superb.

Both this and the Dixon mix will be on repeat for me over the next couple of weeks.

"Really happy people aren’t pursuing happiness, you ever notice?"

Yep...I've been listening to Dixon's non stop but this is much better imo...some incredible tracks on there. cool

Decent mix although tends to have more fillers than Dixon's for me...one or two pearlers here though

Technically brilliant mix - literally seamless. But no peaks or 'wow' moments for me, and nothing to keep me coming back.  Prefer Dixons.

------------
From a sliding glass door, through white curtains fluttering in the breeze, comes Bruno, Guetta's elegant manservant. The two exchange a few words in French, and Bruno re-emerges a few minutes later with salads.