Re: The good TV thread...

This looks pretty good from HBO

SimonR

Diminished Responsibility wrote:

Orange is the new black is decent - great baps all over, also good if you want to get the missus involved in your tv watching. Drunk History is kinda funny, but I wouldn't marathon it, once a week types.

Orange Is The New Black was a bit odd - based on a true story, started off with loads of tits/sex but rapidly tailed off, occasionally funny but nowhere near a comedy, not overly dramatic but decent characters and I found it mildly compulsive.

Dexter's final season is an absolute shambles and I cringe through each and every episode... fucking deb should just be shot execution style, that would be its only saving grace.

Surely Dexter's been 'an absolute shambles' for at least three entire series?  Maybe more.  It obviously started off as a daft premise but one that you could indulge and roll with - then it got dafter.  And the last few have just been ludicrous.  I gave up on series 6 after a couple of episodes - eventually went back to it with a different expectation and slowly ploughed through.  Did start series 7 a while back but not sure I'll finish it - I'd honestly rather watch Great British Bake Off...

Last edited by smashdad (Monday Sep 2013 10:40:32)

Nice one Simon.

Homegrove wrote:

Nice one Simon.

Yeah nice one, Barry. HBO keep churning them out.

DJ Matt Black. Continuously dumbfounding the masses with his cryptic and incoherent reviews.

Ray Donovan on Sky Atlantic is easily my favourite show atm

a great shift being put in by Angelina Jolie's Dad

check out my hearthis.at page

living la vida Strudders

@Smashdad - Still haven't finished Orange is the New Black, but the pyscho christian abortion lady is gold. Dexter goes through these cycles... one season it'll be really dark where the villain really stands out, the next season they do some campy bullshit where the villain is just annoying. The Trinity Killer season was the best of the lot, in terms of the later seasons the one with Tom Hanks' son wasn't so bad, with all the twists.

It's the last series of Dexter Tom, it should be good.

smashdad wrote:

Orange is the new black is decent - great baps all over, also good if you want to get the missus involved in your tv watching. Drunk History is kinda funny, but I wouldn't marathon it, once a week types.

Orange Is The New Black was a bit odd - based on a true story, started off with loads of tits/sex but rapidly tailed off, occasionally funny but nowhere near a comedy, not overly dramatic but decent characters and I found it mildly compulsive.

watched a couple of eps on Netflix - but didn't interest me enough to continue with it really

btw who's the bird in it?  she's familiar but couldn't place her at the time

living la vida Strudders

smashdad wrote:

[
Surely Dexter's been 'an absolute shambles' for at least three entire series?  Maybe more.  It obviously started off as a daft premise but one that you could indulge and roll with - then it got dafter.  And the last few have just been ludicrous.  I gave up on series 6 after a couple of episodes - eventually went back to it with a different expectation and slowly ploughed through.  Did start series 7 a while back but not sure I'll finish it - I'd honestly rather watch Great British Bake Off...

The missus and I watched about 3 episodes of Dexter and both looked at each other thereafter, said 'what the fuck is all the fuss about' and carried on with our lives.

Just catching up on season four of Weeds.  It's sort of pre-Breaking Bad with its tongue firmly planted in its cheek.

Be better if it was a hammer firmly planted in your head. smile

Part of the problem

Anyone catch Peaky Blinders on BBC2 last night.Enjoyed it.

Anyone seen The Wire or Breaking Bad?  Heard good things.

Never heard of either of them. Probably some sepo shite.

Part of the problem

Big Fella wrote:

It's the last series of Dexter Tom, it should be good.

Completely agreeing with you sir.

http://garybasford.tripod.com/dino_shaffeek.JPG

House of Cards UK version.

Just so much more evil in every way than the new US Version.

And all three series on youtube too... which is nice:

Can't seem to post a video but just paste into youtube:

House of Cards: S1E1 (BBC miniseries)

Enjoy.

First episode of Boardwalk was excellent. Can see this series being a bloody one.

Gyp will be sorely missed.

DJ Matt Black. Continuously dumbfounding the masses with his cryptic and incoherent reviews.

If you have sky check out A touch of Cloth, it's a piss take of all those detective shows and if you like stuff like Airplane and Naked gun you'll love this

Day off work and just sitting back to watch the latest instalment of Boardwalk. Bring it on.

Dexters final episode was a massive letdown, this final season has been so disappointing

But thats because Dexter is shit Matt.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

But thats because Dexter is shit Matt.

I would disagree with that, up to season 5 it was a good series but its been going downhill since season 5 and the final episode of this season was such a major letdown I wish I'd not watched it

You could miss an entire series of it and still catch on to what's happening. Week in week out, same story.

Part of the problem

watched series 1 of Dexter and then lost interest

same with Tru Blood

living la vida Strudders

Kinda enjoyed True Blood this season... not a bad plot.

Ray Donovan is the best thing on Sky Atlantic at the moment smile

living la vida Strudders