Re: Bedrock 15 Saturday 5th Oct GETTING CLOSE TO SELL OUT

millsy23 wrote:

I'm playing at the opening of the new Tesco Express over the road from Fire. These muppets that play clubs and bars are unaware of the gold mine on their doorsteps.

Hahaha- funny. I must say, not impressed with the sound and lighting in Tesco. They need to sort that out, "every little helps"!!

millsy23 wrote:

I'm playing at the opening of the new Tesco Express over the road from Fire. These muppets that play clubs and bars are unaware of the gold mine on their doorsteps.

set up near the beer aisle, save me having to walk to far then

What was the main issue with Fire last time?

The entrance to the club opens out to room 1 meaning its a stream of people trying to get through to the other rooms?

It's a good club but getting in and out of the main room is a nightmare. There's only one entrance and it bottlenecks quite badly.

fletcher wrote:

What was the main issue with Fire last time?

The entrance to the club opens out to room 1 meaning its a stream of people trying to get through to the other rooms?

Yep, basically, minus points for the cloakroom queue and the latrines. The nice men at the bar in the tight vests make up for this though.

What's the latest I can get there if I've bought a ticket?

Got a party to go to beforehand..

smallman1 wrote:

What's the latest I can get there if I've bought a ticket?

Got a party to go to beforehand..

When do you need me to set up for the afters? Going to be a bugger getting all my gear up to the penthouse.

I'm bringing my ipad3 loaded with great tunes on a working Traktor app.

Got the rig already set up lads.

Just bring your vinyl, cds or memory sticks.

Hi folks, I'm the promotor of Room2Move, I'm delighted to be hosting for the second year running for the Bedrock Anniversary party, this year we're in the Fire lounge, which is adjacent to the Bedrock main room. Once again, Room2Move has assembled a cracking line-up to join 3 arenas of Bedrock's finest plus my counterparts over at Cue Events are showcasing their stuff too.

ROOM2MOVE LINE-UP
Blue Amazon
Scotty A
Anthony Yarranton
Disco Geeks
Tangerine DJ's (Justin Steel vs Dave Ritchie

Folks, if you or any of your friends happen to be chasing tickets for this forthcoming Bedrock event, I'm pleased to inform you that I have a dozen or so DISCOUNTED £15 tickets remaining. The online price has now risen to £20 + bf as of last Thurs, the event WILL SELL OUT, so save your money and get in touch if you're chasing some!

With our physical tickets not only will you benefit from a little monetary saving, you'll also be directed to a separate entrance via the Protocol and Lightbox side of the venue, the queue (if last year was anything to go by) will be significantly shorter, meaning you'll be on the dancefloor before you know it!

I'll be in the London area all this weekend and into next week, happy to post multiple tickets out via recorded mail if you live further afield on receipt of pre-payment. My contact details are below:

John McGeehan
07906 416 896
room_2_move@yahoo.co.uk
room2movelondon@gmail.com

Cheers smile

Last edited by john-on-amonday (Saturday Sep 2013 07:28:47)

Seems too good to be true that offer.

Last edited by Big Fella (Saturday Sep 2013 07:14:56)

Big Fella wrote:

Seems too good to be true that offer.

Well it is true, so there! wink

John-on-amonday sounds like he may have directed strangers off a message board to a separate entrance before.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

John-on-amonday sounds like he may have directed strangers off a message board to a separate entrance before.

I'm sorry?!

What is that supposed to mean? I'm just doing my job to promote my arena and the event as a whole for Lock'n'Load events and for Bedrock.

There's really no need for comments like that. I think I have mentioned before on here just how shocked I am at the comments and language I have seen posted on this message board, this is surely not what this was set up and intended for. It's easy to hide behind aliases online and start mouthing off, isn't it?

Now lets grow up and remember this is an amazing record label and party, not a fucking schoolyard.

Peace x

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070312120561/uncyclopedia/images/3/32/KennethWilliams.jpg

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070312120561/uncyclopedia/images/3/32/KennethWilliams.jpg

Wow, yet another sweeping generalisation about gay people. You're really digging a hole for yourself, aren't you.

Sorry but I had no idea you were gay. A complete coincidence that i chose that picture, i merely Googled for a picture of a surprised and shocked face. Maybe i should have chosen one of the other two to avoid offending you.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1_orOzQbj9o/Tx6ixOBh1DI/AAAAAAAAce0/DVYS7qDS6q8/s400/GL197666.jpg

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/77904580/Larry+Grayson+LARRY.png

Last edited by Dermo (Monday Sep 2013 04:49:36)

Part of the problem

Whatever- It's probably safe to assume, the phrase written directly under that thumb logo on your profile probably sums up the kind of person you are. Your use of small phrases and use of pictures instead of intelligently constructed sentences and paragraphs shows you're perhaps not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to literacy. If you've bothered to read previous posts within this thread, you'll have seen for yourself that there have indeed been other remarks pertaining to that kind of slander that you've exhibited and where others might just take it on the chin, I for one am not going to put up with it. I've stated quite clearly who I am, unlike you hiding behind your little alias. Who (or what) the fuck are you exactly?

I have just come onto this messageboard to tell people about why I am delighted and privileged to be part of this great event for the 2nd year in a row. There is just no need for pathetic, childish, tit-for-tat comments from you and some (not all) of your like-minded (or rather small-minded) punters on here. Bedrock is a dance music label and nightclub event, lets get real and get on with making it special.

Look- I don't get paid for what I'm doing, I'm doing this for the love and passion for the music that Bedrock (and it's peers) does so brilliantly as well the DJ's/producers I have working with me at Room2Move, a night I started 2 years ago in my spare time to give the scene (which has given me so much happiness and new friendships over the past decade and a half)  something back as my way of offering a contribution instead of just having a take-take-take attitude, which so many people sadly do.

The last thing I want to see (both as a promoter and a clubber) is attitude from people, especially when quality club nights and the following for good quality underground dance music is on the decline. Sadly there's too much bad attitude going on these days as people (both industry and punters) are involved in this game for the wrong reasons. I can only speak from my experience but I'm confident this opinion of mine resonates beyond yours truly.

Tell me "Dermo", what are YOUR reasons for being involved in this thread and the dance music scene as a whole? I (and I'm sure many  others reading this) are dying to hear more of your "wisdom". If that's too difficult for you then may I suggest you, at the very least, have a look at yourself before judging others.

Last edited by john-on-amonday (Monday Sep 2013 08:21:06)

If I rock down at 2am with a ticket am I still going to be ok to get in?

Hi mate, you should be ok but will check with the venue and LocknLoad for you. The event is going until at least 7am, if not later if it remains busy.

john-on-amonday wrote:

Hi mate, you should be ok but will check with the venue and LocknLoad for you. The event is going until at least 7am, if not later if it remains busy.

Thanks John, much appreciated.

Ok- I have spoken to Lock n Load this morning, last entry to this event is 3am but obviously try and arrive well before that and make the most of your night fella!

Look forward to seeing you there smile

john-on-amonday wrote:

Ok- I have spoken to Lock n Load this morning, last entry to this event is 3am but obviously try and arrive well before that and make the most of your night fella!

Nice one, handy to know!

But I am planning on getting down there early doors to catch JvM, a mate of mine wont get there until about 1 though.

Just ignore Dermo - he and a few others were the reason I stopped posting on this message board for about 3 years.  Recently decided to give it another chance though as i've been getting back into my house/techno again lately.

john-on-amonday wrote:

Top man John, thanks for getting back to me and for letting me know.

I'll pop into the Room2Move room and come and say hi.

Thanks for the support guys, I'm quietly confident the messages I have conveyed on here are the right ones!

Looking forward to (hopefully) meeting you and more importantly, gauging your feedback on my arena and the party as a whole. It's you guys, the punters, who make the effort to come along and support in the numbers you do that keep these parties going, loving the music and keeping the scene alive!

The dance floor awaits......
smile smile