Topic: Shipping Vinyl - UK to USA

I still have a load of vinyl back in the UK that I want to get over here to New York. Anyone has any experience doing the same? Probably have about 120KG worth of records. Any recommendations?

Re: Shipping Vinyl - UK to USA

When I'm next in the office, I can quote you on a consignment by Parcelforce (the website seems unable to do this for some reason).. basically it's tracked, guaranteed and signed for. I would suggest you limit it to 5kg per unit, but you wouldn't want more in one hit due to the packaging giving up! The price is still the same whether it was 4 at 30KG or 10 at 12kg etc.

other than that... usual suspects... DHL, TNT, UPS....

Parcelforce hand things over to Federal Express oversees.

Hope this gives a bit of help for these options. May I ask the compensation you would want on it (other than 'fucking priceless' which I wholeheartedly understand)

Beef Jerky Time!

Re: Shipping Vinyl - UK to USA

maybe check out parcel2go.com for some comparisons. Be aware that some companies, such as Hermes, have not signed up to mails integrity... so your packages could be in an unlocked van somewhere, or left in a heap at the collection point for all and sundry to peruse... pay your money and take your choice!

Beef Jerky Time!