Re: Getting away with it

Nick Sneddon wrote:

Tulisa

To be fair she did make a sex tape and broker a coke deal. She's quite tidy to look at as well. Three of your basic food groups right there.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:
Nick Sneddon wrote:

Tulisa

To be fair she did make a sex tape.

You clearly have not watched it.

Presto wrote:

You clearly have not watched it.

I imagine it's similar to every other appalling celebrity offering I've seen (Price, Kardashian, Hilton etc). Still, it's the thought that counts.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Sharon Osbourne

Not really sure what qualifies her to be an X Factor judge, she was the rich daughter of an record exec who jumped on Osbourne while he was married.

Deborah Meaden

Again not sure what qualifies her to be a 'Dragon' she isn't a self made millionaire, she took over her parents caravan/holiday home business.

mikemiller wrote:

Two of the most talentless fuckwits in history who have successfully manipulated and convinced the world that they are supremely gifted. Scam artists.

1. Damien Hirst
2. Tracey Emin
3. Damien Hirst
4. Tracey Emin

Banksy is far from talentless imo, big fan of his work. All subjective of course

Emin i agree with - but i like some of the Hirst stuff tbf

Nick Grimshaw - new(ish) R1 breakfast dj and has his own (rubbish) show on BBC3
Tess Daley - only on tv cos married to Vernon Kay?!?  tho did enjoy that 'dance' show that was on Sky around 2000 - think they had a live PA from Rui Da Silva when Touch Me was about to go ballistic

kibble, kibble, who's got the kibble

latest mix (edit): https://soundcloud.com/shaunstrudwick/b … -never-mix
latest mix (full): http://mixswap.betfailproject.com/m/Bet … er-Mix.mp3

Amps wrote:

My argument against Banksy is that its all very obvious stuff that he does... ideas wise its the kind of thing 6th form art students come up with, and graffiti wise there are way better graffiti artists than him.

Saying you like Banksy is a bit like saying your into house music because you have Tiesto CD.

I'll also add in Mark Rothko... the lazy shite.

yeah i know what you mean - it was 'original' 20 years ago but a bit boring now

kibble, kibble, who's got the kibble

latest mix (edit): https://soundcloud.com/shaunstrudwick/b … -never-mix
latest mix (full): http://mixswap.betfailproject.com/m/Bet … er-Mix.mp3

Amps wrote:

Whooaaah - steady on fella - some of Rothko's stuff is great.
smile

David Starkey - I've no idea if he's talented historian or not but he's a grade A cunt who earns a few bob.

Alan Shearer  - one league title and the BBC give him a six figure contract.

Mr Boring wrote:

Alan Shearer  - one league title and the BBC give him a six figure contract.

Building on that - Lineker...

Made an absolute Horlicks of the Masters when he was given the opportunity and kept dropping a bollock all the way through the Olympic coverage.  Has been instrumental with Hansen in turning MotD into something only remotely watchable on Sky+ with the Ffwd button doing overtime AND is, allegedly, an utterly unpleasant character who thinks he's God's gift to the Dorises and a level or two above most mortal men.

BBC should get rid of the cunt.

Smashy must have got a bad pint that time he went to Lineker's bar.

Adrian Chiles, how the fuck did he end up as the main presenter for football on ITV, i wish Roy Keane would just chin him

Mr Boring wrote:

The team and I frequented his first bar in Tenerife, he and his ex-missus used to work the bar. His missus was quite friendly, think he tired of me asking about how good Mark Hughes was... (barca days)

Last edited by Big Fella (Tuesday Oct 2013 07:16:49)

Mr Boring wrote:

Virtually a tautology...

smashdad wrote:
Mr Boring wrote:

Virtually a tautology...

Almost a truism.

smashdad wrote:
Amps wrote:

smile

You could do most of it with a roller and a tin of dulux.

Amps wrote:
smashdad wrote:
Amps wrote:

smile

Well if I could could then anybody could and the fact that almost nobody has is vaguely intriguing no?

smashdad wrote:
Amps wrote:

Well if I could could then anybody could and the fact that almost nobody has is vaguely intriguing no?

Same argument as Creepy:

starcreeper wrote:

Saying Banksys work is all very obvious is a fucking joke. If its that obvious Amps why arent you up a ladder with your paintbrush making oodles of money yourself?

That tired old begrudgers position of 'anybody could do that'.

An argument I fully understand. But that is not an argument or question of weather the work is any good or has merit, it's a different question of why are some successful and others not. If I had a crack at it would I be successful? Even if the work was shit hot, would I be successful? Plenty of brilliant work gets overlooked. How many artists only get recognition years after they're dead?

Just have a look at the Best Board Djs thread... clearly some great work being done, yet none of them are being flown around the world in private jets earning Tiesto money as far as I know.

In every scene / industry / field etc. there is always competition, the best doesn't always rise to the top. Shit regularly floats.

I feel like I'm in an art history lesson. I'm off to look at some massive tits.

Seems to me you made an myopic statement expecting the usual suspects to jump on your bandwagon but it failed miserably. Sabo tried it on but hes a dickhead, no trouble there.

You said he was seemingly talentless but thats not really a general consensus is it? In your opinion anyone could do what Banksy is doing and its obvious. Seems fairly erroneous to me.

You should back up your argument by providing a list of guys who are doing what Banksy is doing and getting no recognition for it. Id genuinely like to know what else is going on out there but it would mostly give your argument the boost that it needs.

Fair enough if you dont like his work, I get that, but calling him talentless is just daft as has been mentioned already.

Heres a question Amps. Why do you think Banksy has been successful?

"Ban them, ban them alllllllllllllllllllllll" - Homegrove (April-2014)

You are so rubbish at everything.

You only have to look at amps choice of dreadful trainers to know he's not the one to be critiquing art.

starcreeper wrote:

Seems to me you made an myopic statement expecting the usual suspects to jump on your bandwagon but it failed miserably. Sabo tried it on but hes a dickhead, no trouble there.

You said he was seemingly talentless but thats not really a general consensus is it? In your opinion anyone could do what Banksy is doing and its obvious. Seems fairly erroneous to me.

You should back up your argument by providing a list of guys who are doing what Banksy is doing and getting no recognition for it. Id genuinely like to know what else is going on out there but it would mostly give your argument the boost that it needs.

Fair enough if you dont like his work, I get that, but calling him talentless is just daft as has been mentioned already.

Heres a question Amps. Why do you think Banksy has been successful?

Not bothered about bandwagons, peoples opinion of me or the general consensus on Banksy.

I thought the thread would be a list of comedy characters, a possible two pager at a push.

There are plenty of art and graf blogs out there if you want to find other stuff etc.

Why is he successful? Good question, I'll give you that... I guess it's a bit like the KLF said in there book on how to write a number one... iirc it went something along the lines of 'get a boss sample that everyone knows and stick a dance beat underneath it'. Basically, do something people can easily understand and make it seem a bit flashy / trendy / clever and people will buy it. The KLF did 'Doctorin the Tardis' and Banksy did some cut and paste stencils. Add to that the whole right time and the right place. Also, don't be fooled into thinking he is some sort of one man operation. Very early on, other people will have seen his market potential, publishers etc. and will have thrown money at him and his team. He didn't hand print those £45 Banksy coffee table books that they sell in John Lewis on an old photocopier.

I think I have probably now done enough to explain my lack of enthusiasm for his work.

I'm off to work on early drafts of my upcoming Lucky Length List.

Ax

Last edited by Amps (Tuesday Oct 2013 15:53:20)

Amps wrote:

He didn't hand print those £45 Banksy coffee table books that they sell in John Lewis on an old photocopier.

Really?  The fucking charlatan...

Think I'm sending starcreeper a stencil kit for Christmas. I'll make sure to include an alphabet set in case you feel like plastering "Both Pipes" all over the place.

Wish I was old and a little sentimental.

smashdad wrote:
Amps wrote:

He didn't hand print those £45 Banksy coffee table books that they sell in John Lewis on an old photocopier.

Really?  The fucking charlatan...

lol. Yeah. Thats so un street.

Good job I have my 'destroy' t shirt for times like this.

c300 dance music CDs in his collection (Dec 2013)

Thst CUNT. Piers Morgan.

c300 dance music CDs in his collection (Dec 2013)