Re: Best Board DJs

Real Horatio Alger story for Millsy here.

Even Zackster wouldn't chart this bollix.

Re: Best Board DJs

Especially when he's stealing other people's mixes

Re: Best Board DJs

Loopy whats your thoughts on the whole RIM thing at the moment? BBM?

Re: Best Board DJs

dutchy101 wrote:

Especially when he's stealing other people's mixes


I think you'll find I've remained stoic in the face of shifting trends.

I might even do a 'Nu Breed' CD. Well, the photoshoot at least. In a white linen suit leaning against a reinforced concrete building in Crete. That'll fuck Hannu right off.

Re: Best Board DJs

millsy23 wrote:
dutchy101 wrote:

Especially when he's stealing other people's mixes


I think you'll find I've remained stoic in the face of shifting trends.

I might even do a 'Nu Breed' CD. Well, the photoshoot at least. In a white linen suit leaning against a reinforced concrete building in Crete. That'll fuck Hannu right off.

I'm determined to get a bit more fucking stoic to be honest.  On reflection it strikes me I've been far too fucking *insert stoic antonym of choice here* lately.  Cunt that I am...

Re: Best Board DJs

ExTractorFan wrote:

Loopy whats your thoughts on the whole RIM thing at the moment? BBM?

Loopy is more interested in RIMming

check out my hearthis.at page

i'm too old for this shit

Re: Best Board DJs

We should do a competition (annual?), where a mix is submitted and people on this board can vote, preferably with anonymity to avoid cock stroking. Winner gets an hour set at the next Bedrock event ....and a cheque for 1 million euro! smile

Re: Best Board DJs

Loopy's Dj shots are amaze.

Re: Best Board DJs

smallman1 wrote:

Loopy's Dj shots are amaze.

Stoical lakeside shots, in a roll neck = ultimate DJ

Re: Best Board DJs

mullykid wrote:

We should do a competition (annual?), where a mix is submitted and people on this board can vote, preferably with anonymity to avoid cock stroking. Winner gets an hour set at the next Bedrock event ....and a cheque for 1 million euro! smile


I'd like to see a Forum dj's room at a Bedrock event, there's more than enough talent on here

Re: Best Board DJs

erik.b wrote:
mullykid wrote:

We should do a competition (annual?), where a mix is submitted and people on this board can vote, preferably with anonymity to avoid cock stroking. Winner gets an hour set at the next Bedrock event ....and a cheque for 1 million euro! smile


I'd like to see a Forum dj's room at a Bedrock event, there's more than enough talent on here

defo - no brainer

Andy Newland has played gigs with Diggers following Twisted Audio getting a room at Bedrock

check out my hearthis.at page

i'm too old for this shit

Re: Best Board DJs

erik.b wrote:
mullykid wrote:

We should do a competition (annual?), where a mix is submitted and people on this board can vote, preferably with anonymity to avoid cock stroking. Winner gets an hour set at the next Bedrock event ....and a cheque for 1 million euro! smile

I'd like to see a Forum dj's room at a Bedrock event, there's more than enough talent on here

Great idea and agreed, some serious minerals knocking around the mixes section.

Re: Best Board DJs

smallman1 wrote:
erik.b wrote:
mullykid wrote:

We should do a competition (annual?), where a mix is submitted and people on this board can vote, preferably with anonymity to avoid cock stroking. Winner gets an hour set at the next Bedrock event ....and a cheque for 1 million euro! smile

I'd like to see a Forum dj's room at a Bedrock event, there's more than enough talent on here

Great idea and agreed, some serious minerals knocking around the mixes section.

Maybe you should organize a shindig at Chez Smallman after Bedrock and invite the best DJ's from the board to play

Re: Best Board DJs

I have to say that I listen to more mixes from members here than I do anything else these days.

Digweed needs to knock out a few of his mixes without any talking on them for the board as well, I know it is his radio show and all that, but the odd mix he does from one of his nights with no talking as a board special would be nice.

Re: Best Board DJs

Didn't some folks in London used to hold pre parties at some small bar / club on Bedrock-nights with basically GU board DJs? This was in the way early 2000s.

Re: Best Board DJs

Yeah Hannu,

Paul Louth, IIRC, hosted 'Wire' not far from Bedrock when it was @ Heaven in London. Went over once for it, was a good time. Think Dan was on the decks that night as well. I meet up with Dan H, Jamie, Paul, Tim and others from the old Intensity board.

Re: Best Board DJs

erik.b wrote:
mullykid wrote:

We should do a competition (annual?), where a mix is submitted and people on this board can vote, preferably with anonymity to avoid cock stroking. Winner gets an hour set at the next Bedrock event ....and a cheque for 1 million euro! smile


I'd like to see a Forum dj's room at a Bedrock event, there's more than enough talent on here


Great idea. We can each play for 15 mins wink Seriously though, I shamefully have never been to a Bedrock so it would be a good excuse with the Missus. 'I have to go, I am guest DJ at the Bedrock pre-party.... ' for 15 mins. smile

Re: Best Board DJs

Is 15 minutes enough to play 2 copies of track 4 phased 2 beats behind, then in phase, then 2 beats behind?

Re: Best Board DJs

Deary me, Milesy already trying to muscle more time in this fictional scenario.

Re: Best Board DJs

Mickyd wrote:

Yeah Hannu,

Paul Louth, IIRC, hosted 'Wire' not far from Bedrock when it was @ Heaven in London. Went over once for it, was a good time. Think Dan was on the decks that night as well. I meet up with Dan H, Jamie, Paul, Tim and others from the old Intensity board.

I miss The Griffin.

Re: Best Board DJs

I miss The Griffin.

Villiers Street is all about Herman Ze German nowadays.

Re: Best Board DJs

Big Fella wrote:

Deary me, Milesy already trying to muscle more time in this fictional scenario.

Au contraire. I would happily be on the dancefloor and leave all the DJing to the professionals. That way I can also get a big man hug from you when Hannu plays something that you recognise.

Re: Best Board DJs

T'would be more like a bear hug - like the Heaven days.

Last edited by dutchy101 (Friday Oct 2013 04:27:33)

Re: Best Board DJs

Presto wrote:
Mickyd wrote:

Yeah Hannu,

Paul Louth, IIRC, hosted 'Wire' not far from Bedrock when it was @ Heaven in London. Went over once for it, was a good time. Think Dan was on the decks that night as well. I meet up with Dan H, Jamie, Paul, Tim and others from the old Intensity board.

I miss The Griffin.

I always used to say I'd only be doing The Griffin and always inevitably end up at Bedrock. I had all the will power of gnat back then. Good times!

Prog God

Re: Best Board DJs

Casa Smallman is welcome to all.

Always has been, always will be.

One love.