Re: Best underground music clubs in Thailand

Great minds Ed. Yeah, Dave Lambert and Pele were on the bill every Friday night back in the day - place was absolute madness.

Re: Best underground music clubs in Thailand

Theres certainly some decent 'cowie' faces going on there

Squidgy wrote:
Dermo wrote:

I tried it. Was quite a good laugh.

Looks great. These guys look like they're about to get on a magical bike ride.

Guess who's back .......... 'Odgy's back

Re: Best underground music clubs in Thailand

dutchy101 wrote:

Great minds Ed. Yeah, Dave Lambert and Pele were on the bill every Friday night back in the day - place was absolute madness.

Saw Daniele Davoli there back in 97 iirc, after Gold had smashed the place beforehand....mad spot smile

Re: Best underground music clubs in Thailand

Kumquat wrote:

Gecko Samui - The place has burned to the ground twice in 5 years (not an insurance job obviously!). One of the owners Gary lost all his vinyl (around 15k last time it happened). Difficult place to find if you don't go with someone who knows where it is.

Which part of Samui is Gecko in? Any rough directions?

Re: Best underground music clubs in Thailand

breakitdown wrote:
Kumquat wrote:

Gecko Samui - The place has burned to the ground twice in 5 years (not an insurance job obviously!). One of the owners Gary lost all his vinyl (around 15k last time it happened). Difficult place to find if you don't go with someone who knows where it is.

Which part of Samui is Gecko in? Any rough directions?

It's close to Bhoput Hills golf club. If you're getting a cab it would be advisable to tell the driver to go there. On the way up to the golf club keep your eyes open for some crossed flags at the side of the road (more like a dirt track). The flags are there to guide you in, the place itself is a few hundred metres before the golf club and there's a sign at the bottom of the drive. Then prepare yourself for the 200m climb up the near vertical drive in high humidity!

Arrange with the taxi driver to come back and pick you up at a specific time, it's difficult to get a cabs to go up there in the early hours.

Re: Best underground music clubs in Thailand

Sounds like that club Tom Cruise went to in Eyes Wide Shut.

Re: Best underground music clubs in Thailand

Kumquat wrote:
breakitdown wrote:
Kumquat wrote:

Gecko Samui - The place has burned to the ground twice in 5 years (not an insurance job obviously!). One of the owners Gary lost all his vinyl (around 15k last time it happened). Difficult place to find if you don't go with someone who knows where it is.

Which part of Samui is Gecko in? Any rough directions?

It's close to Bhoput Hills golf club. If you're getting a cab it would be advisable to tell the driver to go there. On the way up to the golf club keep your eyes open for some crossed flags at the side of the road (more like a dirt track). The flags are there to guide you in, the place itself is a few hundred metres before the golf club and there's a sign at the bottom of the drive. Then prepare yourself for the 200m climb up the near vertical drive in high humidity!

Arrange with the taxi driver to come back and pick you up at a specific time, it's difficult to get a cabs to go up there in the early hours.

Nice one - i'm staying in Bophut, i'll see if i can find it.