Re: Best Board DJs

Real Horatio Alger story for Millsy here.

Even Zackster wouldn't chart this bollix.

Especially when he's stealing other people's mixes

Loopy whats your thoughts on the whole RIM thing at the moment? BBM?

dutchy101 wrote:

I think you'll find I've remained stoic in the face of shifting trends.

I might even do a 'Nu Breed' CD. Well, the photoshoot at least. In a white linen suit leaning against a reinforced concrete building in Crete. That'll fuck Hannu right off.

------------
Millsy , you're a board titan and beyond mere platitudes. Your contribution speaks for itself.

niton (Oct 14)

millsy23 wrote:
dutchy101 wrote:

I think you'll find I've remained stoic in the face of shifting trends.

I might even do a 'Nu Breed' CD. Well, the photoshoot at least. In a white linen suit leaning against a reinforced concrete building in Crete. That'll fuck Hannu right off.

I'm determined to get a bit more fucking stoic to be honest.  On reflection it strikes me I've been far too fucking *insert stoic antonym of choice here* lately.  Cunt that I am...

ExTractorFan wrote:

Loopy whats your thoughts on the whole RIM thing at the moment? BBM?

Loopy is more interested in RIMming

check out my hearthis.at page

living la vida Strudders

We should do a competition (annual?), where a mix is submitted and people on this board can vote, preferably with anonymity to avoid cock stroking. Winner gets an hour set at the next Bedrock event ....and a cheque for 1 million euro! smile

Loopy's Dj shots are amaze.

smallman1 wrote:

Loopy's Dj shots are amaze.

Stoical lakeside shots, in a roll neck = ultimate DJ

------------
Millsy , you're a board titan and beyond mere platitudes. Your contribution speaks for itself.

niton (Oct 14)

mullykid wrote:

We should do a competition (annual?), where a mix is submitted and people on this board can vote, preferably with anonymity to avoid cock stroking. Winner gets an hour set at the next Bedrock event ....and a cheque for 1 million euro! smile

I'd like to see a Forum dj's room at a Bedrock event, there's more than enough talent on here

erik.b wrote:
mullykid wrote:

I'd like to see a Forum dj's room at a Bedrock event, there's more than enough talent on here

defo - no brainer

Andy Newland has played gigs with Diggers following Twisted Audio getting a room at Bedrock

check out my hearthis.at page

living la vida Strudders

erik.b wrote:
mullykid wrote:

Great idea and agreed, some serious minerals knocking around the mixes section.

smallman1 wrote:
erik.b wrote:
mullykid wrote:

Great idea and agreed, some serious minerals knocking around the mixes section.

Maybe you should organize a shindig at Chez Smallman after Bedrock and invite the best DJ's from the board to play

I have to say that I listen to more mixes from members here than I do anything else these days.

Digweed needs to knock out a few of his mixes without any talking on them for the board as well, I know it is his radio show and all that, but the odd mix he does from one of his nights with no talking as a board special would be nice.

Didn't some folks in London used to hold pre parties at some small bar / club on Bedrock-nights with basically GU board DJs? This was in the way early 2000s.

Yeah Hannu,

Paul Louth, IIRC, hosted 'Wire' not far from Bedrock when it was @ Heaven in London. Went over once for it, was a good time. Think Dan was on the decks that night as well. I meet up with Dan H, Jamie, Paul, Tim and others from the old Intensity board.

erik.b wrote:
mullykid wrote:

Great idea. We can each play for 15 mins wink Seriously though, I shamefully have never been to a Bedrock so it would be a good excuse with the Missus. 'I have to go, I am guest DJ at the Bedrock pre-party.... ' for 15 mins. smile

Is 15 minutes enough to play 2 copies of track 4 phased 2 beats behind, then in phase, then 2 beats behind?

------------

niton (Oct 14)

Deary me, Milesy already trying to muscle more time in this fictional scenario.

Mickyd wrote:

Yeah Hannu,

Paul Louth, IIRC, hosted 'Wire' not far from Bedrock when it was @ Heaven in London. Went over once for it, was a good time. Think Dan was on the decks that night as well. I meet up with Dan H, Jamie, Paul, Tim and others from the old Intensity board.

I miss The Griffin.

I miss The Griffin.

Villiers Street is all about Herman Ze German nowadays.

------------

niton (Oct 14)

Big Fella wrote:

Deary me, Milesy already trying to muscle more time in this fictional scenario.

Au contraire. I would happily be on the dancefloor and leave all the DJing to the professionals. That way I can also get a big man hug from you when Hannu plays something that you recognise.

------------

niton (Oct 14)

T'would be more like a bear hug - like the Heaven days.

Last edited by dutchy101 (Friday Oct 2013 04:27:33)

Presto wrote:
Mickyd wrote:

Yeah Hannu,

I miss The Griffin.

I always used to say I'd only be doing The Griffin and always inevitably end up at Bedrock. I had all the will power of gnat back then. Good times!

Prog God

Casa Smallman is welcome to all.

Always has been, always will be.

One love.