Re: The General Footy Thread

'any kind of silverware' is the attitude of a desperate shower like Liverpool or Spurs who've never won the Premier League. Credit to Man United fans, although they can't justify their own existence unless they're bragging about their mighty haul, the Capitol One Cup would be seen as a failure if they didn't lift the PL. Nobody gives a fuck about provincial cups in this football day and age - those are for shite like Wigan and Birmingham who then get relegated and forgotten about after their heroics. It's just the reality. Who's talking about them at the moment? Nobody. The focus is on Arsenal and whether they can hold on to top spot. I see last night as a positive - less cup games means more focus on the big dog.

Edit: Trust BF to turn my post into a giant klang with one deft riposte.

Last edited by flares_and_an_anorak (Wednesday Oct 2013 07:49:42)

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Not the best way to start/celebrate our 700th page, if the truth be told.

big game on Saturday Flaresy

got a feeling we will win

check out my hearthis.at page

i'm too old for this shit

Flaresy having an absolute reg.

shaunstrudwick wrote:

big game on Saturday Flaresy

got a feeling we will win

Can't wait Strudders, it's going to be awesome. I fear Liverpool.

Something not quite right about Ozil, you don't move from Real Madrid to Arsenal if you're a full schilling.

Also lol at the comparisons to Bergkamp, not in the same league imo.

PS Flaresey.

A Klang on here is where said board member inadvertently drops into the conversation about him meeting Sasha for lunch last week or similar, even better when it is a z-lister.

Flaresy meltdown #2

Think Ozil has been the best player so far this season.Dont have the stats at hand but sure Mr.Boring can help us out.

Big Fella wrote:

PS Flaresey.

A Klang on here is where said board member inadvertently drops into the conversation about him meeting Sasha for lunch last week or similar, even better when it is a z-lister.

Duly noted. I figured it was something like the gong Jerry Sadowitz used to use when one of his stage guests made a complete tard of themselves.

Flaresy meltdown #2

Keeping score Yant? Pretty sure you're a market leader in this regard.

Just yanking your chain, Flaresy.

Don't take it too seriously.

When have I ever? My chain is blatantly longer than anybody on here, and that isn't a metaphor by the way smile

Big Fella wrote:

Something not quite right about Ozil, you don't move from Real Madrid to Arsenal if you're a full schilling.

mr rossi wrote:

Think Ozil has been the best player so far this season.Dont have the stats at hand but sure Mr.Boring can help us out.

Ozil was my sole reason for accepting the offer of a freebie to watch Palace v Arsenal last Saturday.  Was genuinely keen on seeing the lad play 'in the flesh' but, after 90 minutes, I couldn't have been more disappointed.  There might be all sorts of reasons for it but his first touch was poor, his weight of pass was generally dreadful, his decision to cut it back to no-one instead of shooting (first half - 30 odd minutes) when clean through was shocking and for the most part he looked like three different shades of not remotely interested. 

Like I said, could be all sorts of reasons - not the least of which is it must be difficult for foreigners, especially newly arrived ones, to get the significance of a local derby and he may well have (quite rightly) thought that he could coast it and Arsenal would still beat Palace.  But, whatever the reason, he was disappointing.  Fucking disappointing.

Arsenal shouldn't be as embarrassed by the result so much as their home support.

Even Zackster wouldn't chart this bollix.

Zizou clearly unhappy with Xabi's 'meg in training.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/10ab99622d3b6309daec75a4626e8202/tumblr_mvgehtyYMZ1qddnsso1_250.gif

SimonR

First penatly shoot out win since '94 by all accounts.

Don't think I've ever met a sound Arsenal fan.

smallman1 wrote:

Dan Harwood seems to have his head on, never met him mind.

simonr wrote:

Zizou clearly unhappy with Xabi's 'meg in training.

And which newspaper have you started writing for?

Big Fella wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

Dan Harwood seems to have his head on, never met him mind.

Yep, Dan is sound

Got a bad feeling about tomorrow.

Can see Newcastle throwing a spanner in the works.

For once I hope not, I picked them on the office acca. Poor guy that picked Derby last week ( which resulted in us not winning £1300 ) hasn’t lived it down.

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

smallman1 wrote:

Seriously Ed? Newcastle are pretty shit at the moment, Chelsea should win fairly comfortably

MattBlack wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

Seriously Ed? Newcastle are pretty shit at the moment, Chelsea should win fairly comfortably

Definitely.

Newcastle could win 12-0, pack up and go home, I'd be watching the game on MOTD 6 hours later and they'd still find a way to fuck it up, lose the points and humiliate the fans in some manner.

Chelsea to win convincingly.

Last edited by Wally (Friday Nov 2013 11:11:40)

Awful control   Broken physics   Horrific AI   Weak voice work   Poor textures.

And that's just Wally on the pull.

MattBlack wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

Yes. You heard it here first..