Re: The General Footy Thread

I have no delusions about United winning it, it would pay for you to do the same.

MattBlack wrote:

Where are these Arsenal fans who were saying Ramsey was shit last season, like your number one Uber fan Piers Morgan?

Where are the Arsenal fans who embarrassed themselves and their club after apparently not spending anywhere near enough in the summer and getting hammered at home on the opening day of the season? 

Couldn't boot the fucking laptop up, turn the radio on or choose a Sky channel without being subjected to an endless stream of hysterical Gooners blathering on about Wenger's time being up and the time having arrived for managerial change.  Get on with it then you cunts...

Big Fella wrote:

I have no delusions about United winning it, it would pay for you to do the same.

We've been sucking that little lollipop for 8 years, remember BF? Your lot have been only too happy to stick the knife in after a blistering start, now you get to listen to excited Arsenal fans daring to dream before Christmas.

It's called karma.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

we got pwned today
horrible formation and team selection - contributing to a horrible 1st half performance
slightly better in 2nd half

you can't have the wing backs pushing so high up and not tracking back - even with a back 3
do not rate Sakho and puzzled by lack of Agger

defo need more quality in the team but Rodgers was niaive in the way he set up his stall today

Last edited by shaunstrudwick (Saturday Nov 2013 15:59:46)

check out my hearthis.at page

i'm too old for this shit

Same team and formation you've been using all season Strudders - Arsenal are just better is all. Stream I was watching the game on all the Pool fans were giving it large second half, "Coutinho's on, time for Arsenal to get destroyed". He was practically invisible.

Out of all the challenging teams I think Liverpool most need to spend next summer. I still think you'll get top four, but two or three top class players need to be found from somewhere for a sustained challenge. CL football will help to bring them in.

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Same team and formation you've been using all season Strudders - Arsenal are just better is all.

exactly - will work against the weaker teams but can't expect to go to Emirates and set up the same way

Stream I was watching the game on all the Pool fans were giving it large second half, "Coutinho's on, time for Arsenal to get destroyed". He was practically invisible.

he's coming back from injury so bringing him on was more out of necessity than choice

Out of all the challenging teams I think Liverpool most need to spend next summer.

oh fact

I still think you'll get top four, but two or three top class players need to be found from somewhere for a sustained challenge. CL football will help to bring them in

defo need CL football to get them through the door as well

check out my hearthis.at page

i'm too old for this shit

Out of all the challenging teams I think Liverpool most need to spend next summer. I still think you'll get top four...

Can't see them finishing top four 'cos I can't see them taking enough points of the other contenders - fair enough got 3 points at home to Man Utd but other than that they've only had today's game away at Arsenal.  That leaves ten big games for them (Chelsea x 2, Citeh x 2, Spurs x 2, Everton x 2 and one more each Arsenal and Man Utd), and Liverpool just aren't good enough to get enough points from that lot to finish top four.  In my humble obviously...

Same team and formation you've been using all season Strudders - Arsenal are just better is all.

Well, not quite the same team, Johnson out is a big loss and I'm not convinced by Cissokho rather than Enrique at left-back really (although Enrique's out injured).

However, it's true, Arsenal were simply the better side.

草泥马

Where's that fucking cunt SimonR today with one of his shit, glib, fucktard dipper posts? Twat.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Where's that fucking cunt SimonR today with one of his shit, glib, fucktard dipper posts? Twat.

Let me help with that. Heres Simons pre-written post.

"nice to see Coutinhoman back in action and Studga took his goal well. Arsenal found out really.

Rodgers seems to be finding his best 11."

Fucking cunt.

*deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep breath*  "One game at a time lads" - Strudders (Mar,Apr,May 2014)

All it needs now is for Everton to leapfrog the scum and SimonR's weekend will self-combust in a furious cataclysm of rage and righteous pity. Happy days indeed.

Last edited by flares_and_an_anorak (Sunday Nov 2013 05:08:56)

So wins and points mean something now you've got some? Jesus.

Fuck off, Flares. Again.

Sorry, no can do. You'll just have to sit there seething with anger for a bit longer. Careful of that ulcer chief.

Great goals from Cazorla and Ramsay, who's been the player of the season. Thought we started ok ... Henderson bottled it early on and it was a poor decision with the quick free kick. After that we were outplayed.

Johnson and Enrique are big losses with the formation we have, plus Agger needs to get back into the team.

Still up there and I'm we'll pick up plenty of points this season as other teams keep dropping them.

SimonR

fuck off

Part of the problem

Counting the days til your next ban fuckface.

SimonR

what you going to do after you reach ten?

Part of the problem

simonr wrote:

Johnson and Enrique are big losses with the formation we have, plus Agger needs to get back into the team

Players win matches, not formations. You went to four at the back after half time and 'unleashed' Coutinho, yet you still looked out your depth. Arsenal missing Walcott, Wilshere, Flamini...big players for us but didn't miss a beat. With all the drivel being spoken about squad depth this season it is Arsenal who are rising above it - did Chelsea's first team enjoy their holiday yesterday? Fucking cabbages the lot of them.

On that note, is it me or does Eto'o look at least as shit as Bendtner, and he's first choice sub for Torres? So much for squad depth. Chelsea love it when things are going their own way but poke them with a stick and watch their bollocks shrink. Everyone gushing over City but they would have scored less goals if the Norwich back line had stayed in the changing room. Total farce of a match and a barometer of nothing.

Despite outclassing Liverpool easily, next Sunday is the one. United are still the benchmark for me. Even with Gollum in charge they're the champions and the biggest scalp - take four points from the two games against them and you know you're onto something.

Last edited by flares_and_an_anorak (Sunday Nov 2013 06:37:32)

Nobody is going laugh when the bubble bursts and Arsenal are back to being a financially ethical football club.

Nobody whatsoever.

"Speaking of bubbles bursting, lets go now to Geoff Shreeves at Old Trafford..."

Ramsey obviously playing for his move to Man City

Oh yes I forget we haven't mentioned finances since Arsenal spent 42 mill, approx three times their previous record.

Arsenal will have bought the title, if they win it...

Players win matches, not formations.

Is that what your primary schoolteacher told you to justify you and all 9 of your team mates running after the ball?

Oh and how the fuck can you raise a point about Eto'o on the bench when you have Bentner.

Also how are Walcott (the most inconsistent Arsenal player of all time), Wilshere (out for most of last season and hasn't featured much this) and Flamini (couldn't get shut of him quick enough first time around now has barely unpacked his suitcase) big players for you?

Allow me to comfort you in your time of need BF. Firstly, I completely agree with your point about buying the title. It's been pretty much agreed you don't win fuck all in the modern game unless you spend and Arsenal have been the butt of those jokes for years. Now the Gunners are in a healthier financial position I'm sure they are only too pleased to join the gravy train which gave rise to most of United's success over the years, and placed City and Chelsea in loftier positions than their previous runt status deserved. If you can't beat em, join em. Heard that one?

Secondly, my point about Eto's shiteness was in direct reference to Bendtner's complete lack of value whatsoever and how the strength in depth argument has some obvious glaring flaws.

Walcott top scorer last season and England regular, sure thing for the World Cup if fit. No issue there. Wilshere already playing more games regularly than previous form would suggest, scorer of arguably the best team goal of the season already, England key man for World Cup and more talent in his turds than Cleverly could dream of. No issue there. Flamini spent several productive years in Italian football, arrived back seasoned and more disciplined, tactically aware, with more galvanised leadership qualities. Widely considered the most astute 'purchase' of the close season next to Ozil, and he didn't cost a thing.

Arsenal will fall away around February time.

No minerals.