Re: The General Footy Thread

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Allow me to comfort you in your time of need BF. Firstly, I completely agree with your point about buying the title. It's been pretty much agreed you don't win fuck all in the modern game unless you spend and Arsenal have been the butt of those jokes for years. Now the Gunners are in a healthier financial position I'm sure they are only too pleased to join the gravy train which gave rise to most of United's success over the years, and placed City and Chelsea in loftier positions than their previous runt status deserved. If you can't beat em, join em. Heard that one?

Secondly, my point about Eto's shiteness was in direct reference to Bendtner's complete lack of value whatsoever and how the strength in depth argument has some obvious glaring flaws.

Walcott top scorer last season and England regular, sure thing for the World Cup if fit. No issue there. Wilshere already playing more games regularly than previous form would suggest, scorer of arguably the best team goal of the season already, England key man for World Cup and more talent in his turds than Cleverly could dream of. No issue there. Flamini spent several productive years in Italian football, arrived back seasoned and more disciplined, tactically aware, with more galvanised leadership qualities. Widely considered the most astute 'purchase' of the close season next to Ozil, and he didn't cost a thing.

Isn't it great to have Henry Winter back after his sabbatical?
Melter.

smallman1 wrote:

Arsenal will fall away around February time.

No minerals.

Ed, is there even the slightest chance that you could learn some new words?
Thanks.

La Nausee wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

No minerals.

Thanks.

Put him in the Getting Away With It thread, Phillip.

La Nausee wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

No minerals.

Thanks.

Do love the word minerals.

Watching MOTD from last night.

Looked like we were soundly beaten.

La Nausee wrote:

Isn't it great to have Henry Winter back after his sabbatical?

Hot footed it here from the Sunday Supplement broadcast this morning to set things straight. Sanity resumed just in time.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Arse the only team at the top to not have played away at any of the top 10.

Just sayin'.

Their time will come and I can't wait.

Big Fella wrote:

Also how are Walcott (the most inconsistent Arsenal player of all time), Wilshere (out for most of last season and hasn't featured much this) and Flamini (couldn't get shut of him quick enough first time around now has barely unpacked his suitcase) big players for you?

Not sure Man Utd fans are in any position to question another teams midfield to be honest.

Presto wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

Also how are Walcott (the most inconsistent Arsenal player of all time), Wilshere (out for most of last season and hasn't featured much this) and Flamini (couldn't get shut of him quick enough first time around now has barely unpacked his suitcase) big players for you?

Not sure Man Utd fans are in any position to question another teams midfield to be honest.

Presto, you've got this one wrong. He's questioning which players are big players for Arsenal. Even you're entitled to do that and your midfield is tripe.

Mr Boring wrote:

Presto, you've got this one wrong. He's questioning which players are big players for Arsenal. Even you're entitled to do that and your midfield is tripe.

I never said it wasn't. Villa are sorely lacking a creative mid.

Presto wrote:
Mr Boring wrote:

I never said it wasn't. Villa are sorely lacking a creative mid.

So United fans can't question Arsenal's midfield, but Villa fans can question United's?

I'd put ours on a par with United's.

Yant wrote:

Arse the only team at the top. Just sayin'.

Fixed that for ya.

You're welcome.

Flaresy committing board suicide in full view?

Part of the problem

Haha. This is going to be beautiful.

Yant wrote:

Arse the only team at the top to not have played away at any of the top 10.

Just sayin'.

Before the weekend, it was "hadn't played any of their rivals." Now it's being quantified even more. What next, "Arsenal cant be taken seriously until they've played the teams above them"?

Prog God

No Dan, Arsenal cannot be taken seriously until they have won the league.

Not the mini 10 game league that Flaresey has them down for.

Last edited by Big Fella (Monday Nov 2013 08:08:38)

Fair point, BF. It is, however, quite a nice position we currently occupy. I just hope that we stay clear of injuries and continue the fine form that we're in. If we do, we should be challenging come May.

I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Prog God

At least you don't have the league cup to worry about, injury wise.

Big Fella wrote:

No Dan, Arsenal cannot be taken seriously until they have won the league

This, 100%.

Every week and after every subsequent game, win or lose, pundits and fans are moving the goalposts somehow to undermine everything Arsenal do. Beat Dortmund and it will be, "They had blah blah players out so weren't as strong as before" just like the Bayern match. Beat United this Sunday and it will be, "United are having a poor start, they're a club in transition" or some such bollocks.

Although I don't often agree with BF he's bang on here - the only way to shut people up is to be top when the whistle blows at the end of game 38. Having said that, if Arsenal do win it I'm waiting for some mug like Graham Souness to point out they still haven't done it in Europe.

Some say football people are fickle, I say they're just a bunch of cunts.

As the only person who has seen his team lift a treble on the board, I am rarely wrong on footie matters Flarsey.

Oh come now, there must be some Barca fans who read Bedrock from time to time....

Must admit to being genuinely excited for Flaresey and Dan plus the other quieter Gooners on here.

Just hope it doesn't go tits up for them in the colder months or even further down the line when the finishing post is in sight.

Sure there is one other on here to see a treble being lifted.
Waits for "It's not a proper treble if won in Scotland"