Re: Danny Howells - Balance 24

zackster wrote:

never got all the hype around this guy.

Thank god...

Re: Danny Howells - Balance 24

Saw Howells at Avalon some years ago - spot on, if a bit banging...then Sasha showed up & they tore the place up - that was a good night.

These aren't the droids we're looking for, you can go about your business now, move along, move along...

Re: Danny Howells - Balance 24

zackster wrote:

never got all the hype around this guy.

however, he did drop zz top's "sharp dressed man" in arc several years ago. the place went bananas. that was pretty cool.

Sounds terrible that, a bit Orbital/Belinda Carlisle.

Re: Danny Howells - Balance 24

Amps wrote:
zackster wrote:

never got all the hype around this guy.

Thank god...

Seconded.

Re: Danny Howells - Balance 24

"THAT" Mix preview

https://soundcloud.com/balanceseries/ba … d-by-danny

Awful control   Broken physics   Horrific AI   Weak voice work   Poor textures.

And that's just Wally on the pull.

Re: Danny Howells - Balance 24

Sounds good.

Re: Danny Howells - Balance 24

Howells was sensational in Liverpool a few weeks back-still no-one better at playing a loads of records that I like,all linked together.

Re: Danny Howells - Balance 24

I see this track is on it which was part of Sasha's recent Circo Loco set

Jimpster – Porchlight And Rocking Chairs (KiNK Remix) [Freerange]

Re: Danny Howells - Balance 24

smashdad wrote:

I'm curious to hear the CD but for fuck's fucking sake sack the cunt who writes this hyperbolic shit eh?


It's the return of Sasha Travelogue Sleevenotes 101. Long may they reign.

Last edited by flares_and_an_anorak (Wednesday Oct 2013 16:14:21)

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: Danny Howells - Balance 24

Listened to his preview mix for his very gd indeed,  must say that id put him up there as one of the best live djs there is saw him back in august and he really smashed it crowds were loving it plus his energy behind the decks helps, about the 7th time ive saw him never a disappointing set.

Last edited by DuFunk (Monday Nov 2013 05:10:35)

Re: Danny Howells - Balance 24

zackster wrote:

never got all the hype around this guy.

however, he did drop zz top's "sharp dressed man" in arc several years ago. the place went bananas. that was pretty cool.

Listen to his Essential Mix from 2001 and report back to us on that one. The 'hype', as subdued as it may be these days is very much deserved.

Re: Danny Howells - Balance 24

http://soundcloud.com/danny-howells/dan … 007-part-1

http://soundcloud.com/danny-howells/dan … 007-part-2

And this one!

Re: Danny Howells - Balance 24

loopdokter wrote:
zackster wrote:

never got all the hype around this guy.

however, he did drop zz top's "sharp dressed man" in arc several years ago. the place went bananas. that was pretty cool.

Listen to his Essential Mix from 2001 and report back to us on that one. The 'hype', as subdued as it may be these days is very much deserved.

Can we assume you are bezzies with Howells too?

Re: Danny Howells - Balance 24

millsy23 wrote:
loopdokter wrote:

Listen to his Essential Mix from 2001 and report back to us on that one. The 'hype', as subdued as it may be these days is very much deserved.

Can we assume you are bezzies with Howells too?

obv. when loopy said "report back to us" he meant to say "daniel and me".

Re: Danny Howells - Balance 24

Daniel and I, you mean?

Re: Danny Howells - Balance 24

Big Fella wrote:

The thing is with Howells, he has done some cracking mix cds but I still dont think they capture how good he is 'live'.
Imo of course.

agreed

Any girl that can't distinguish between her grandmother and a wolf is either as dense as teak or comes from a really ugly family

Re: Danny Howells - Balance 24

millsy23 wrote:

Can we assume you are bezzies with Howells too?

Nah. That's Hannu.

Danny has supported and played my music in the past. We know of each other. Massive klang, no. Mini-klang yes.

Re: Danny Howells - Balance 24

loopdokter wrote:

We know of each other.


Court injunction?

Re: Danny Howells - Balance 24

it was the sky writing over howell's last outdoor set

Any girl that can't distinguish between her grandmother and a wolf is either as dense as teak or comes from a really ugly family

Re: Danny Howells - Balance 24

Big Fella wrote:
loopdokter wrote:

We know of each other.


Court injunction?

Jail time, actually.

Re: Danny Howells - Balance 24

Was it you who introduced Aoki to the DJing merits of the trampoline Loopy?

Re: Danny Howells - Balance 24

millsy23 wrote:

Was it you who introduced Aoki to the DJing merits of the trampoline Loopy?

I taught him how to be purple and muscular.

Re: Danny Howells - Balance 24

Who would you say is your most famous friend in EDM, Jay?

Re: Danny Howells - Balance 24

anyone less than sasa savic would be anticlimactic

Any girl that can't distinguish between her grandmother and a wolf is either as dense as teak or comes from a really ugly family

Re: Danny Howells - Balance 24

Big Fella wrote:

Daniel and I, you mean?

no, i don't. would you say "report back to i"?