Topic: Is anyone else loving Jody Wisternoff's sound at the moment?

Thought his Anjunadeep mix and the album Trails We Blaze were both excellent.  A welcome diversion from the recent monotony.

Re: Is anyone else loving Jody Wisternoff's sound at the moment?

matttymm wrote:

Thought his Anjunadeep mix and the album Trails We Blaze were both excellent.  A welcome diversion from the recent monotony.

I listened to his set streamed from Ally Pally on Saturday night, sounded very good.

His remix of the latest Anjunadeep-release is the first one that I think has some real balls to it. Great bassline.

Yeah, I've always had him down as being the harder side of house/trance whereby Nick Warren was more progressive.

That sais, his Anjunabeat stuff if a great mixture of deep house/progressive baselines and some uplifting trance moments and some decent volacl on his Trails We Blaze CD.

Manages to make it happy without the cheese element.

Been such a long time since I heard something that good - Maybe Hernana Cattaneo's last Renaissance being the exception

I liked his Anjunadeep album, i also like the old school rave influence to his new release, some of his radio mixes are a bit too all over the place musically for me though

He went down really well for us in Manchester at the start of the month, good eclectic mix of genres, with a few cheaky samples and effects thrown in... really nice fella too!

Just Add Sunshine

Half of that Anjunadeep album is decent. Just not the Wisternoff half.

Matttttty, go on. Tell us. You love those big bufty beats, don't you.

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

Cannot beat a cheaky volacl.

Big Fella wrote:

cheaky volacl.

Weren't they playing in the Europa League last week?

Went too far down cheese avenue this summer imo.. Went to the thames boat trip one and felt nauseous. When he doesnt do that ive quite liked him although more so 1-2 years ago than now

Ha Ha - Not that I like the big fluffy beats, just like things that have a melody.

I've found much that has been released recently fairly monotonos and lacking any real emotion.

I may be a little old school now, having been there when Oakenfold was in the courtyard, Steve Lawler was at Home, Digweed at Cream, Danny Howells at Sanky's I just find much of what's released commercially lacks any real soul and melody.

I think dance peaked for me in 1999/2000 when Oakenfold did his world tour and Digweed released Bedrock and Sahsa San Fransisco.  There have been some notable releases since then including dare I say some decent stuff from Dave Seaman and Hernan Cattaneo on Renaissance.

Since the minimalist electro revolution, I've only really liked Digweed and Nick Warren's sound.  Sasha's last Involver release was undercooked in my opinion and not worthy of the name.

Did Jody bring you out of a 6 year sabbatical, mate?

"You would, you fat greasy chip eating cunt". Creepy March 2014

Wouldnt be coming out of sabbatical for JW at mom... Nick Warren playing wayyyy better stuff imo.... Tho domewhat different style of course

LMAO

Yeah it feels like a sabatical AKA - Having children

Last clubbing night I went to was Cattaneo and Warren at MOS and Steve Lawler in Amsterdam

Closest I get to a good night out is closing my eyes while stuck in traffic with the stereo turned up

:-)

matttymm wrote:

Been listening to the anjunadeep album today.......the first cd is great but jody's sounds a bit like a soundtrack to an oiled up JOAM-fest

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

chuffer wrote:
matttymm wrote:

Been listening to the ballsdeep album today.......the first cd is great but jody's sounds a bit like a soundtrack to an oiled up JOAM-fest

Fixed

What a great addition to the board JOAM was.

What was it that Dermo said that got him banned?

He went down really well for us in Manchester at the start of the month

Is Mattymm a MarcusGraham alias set up 8 years ago just as a sleeper KLANG?

fletcher wrote:
matttymm wrote:

I listened to his set streamed from Ally Pally on Saturday night, sounded very good.

Agreed.  Saw him at Burning Man a few years ago & it was a fantastic set.  Digging his sound as of late & his Anjunadeep mix has been on frequent rotation.

These aren't the droids we're looking for, you can go about your business now, move along, move along...

fadass wrote:

He went down really well for us in Manchester at the start of the month

Is Mattymm a MarcusGraham alias set up 8 years ago just as a sleeper KLANG?

I don't think so Tom, but then again, i've no idea what the fuck a sleeper KLANG is!

Just Add Sunshine

He was excellent when I saw him play about a month and a half ago.

He's really latched on to a bit of that London/Bristol bass house sound that has the speed garage influences, but still keeps it nice and melodic.  He dropped this and the crowd went nuts:

[video]

ghostriddenhuffy wrote:
fletcher wrote:
matttymm wrote:

Agreed.  Saw him at Burning Man a few years ago & it was a fantastic set.  Digging his sound as of late & his Anjunadeep mix has been on frequent rotation.

The set with the pink panther remix in it? Lol. Do me a favour. You must have been necking the sparkle biscuits like Presto at the end of day Greggs sarnie sell off

c300 dance music CDs in his collection (Dec 2013)

loopdokter wrote:

He was excellent when I saw him play about a month and a half ago.

He's really latched on to a bit of that London/Bristol bass house sound that has the speed garage influences, but still keeps it nice and melodic.  He dropped this and the crowd went nuts:

[video]

loving the fact that Jay gets heckled for name dropping by his facebook friends too!

katakana wrote:

loving the fact that Jay gets heckled for name dropping by his facebook friends too!

Rightfully so too!