Re: Marine Parade - still going?

Cakehole is a favourite of mine – the kind of breaks Sasha would play if he was let loose in Room 2

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Freeland the group was pretty good as well.  Their albums are excellent.

Nick Sneddon wrote:

Cakehole is a favourite of mine – the kind of breaks Sasha would play if he was let loose in Room 2

Reet tune.

https://soundcloud.com/adamfreeland/tectonics

Tectonics Breaks was where it was at.

Completely forgot about the Juvenile Delinquent track at the end of the Tectonics mix. And straight after Deep South too.

SEX WEE

millsy23 wrote:

https://soundcloud.com/adamfreeland/tectonics

Tectonics Breaks was where it was at.

Classic.

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

I dunno though, apart from the label, remixes, compilations and his own material, he's had a few fingers in some computer game pies and does a lot of touring in the States. He's still highly sought after as a DJ - well deserved too, because he's easily one of the top ten in the world based on track selection alone.

One of my worst ever clubbing experiences was Freeland at Sankeys. Truly fucking terrible. We, as in a group of 6, all said 'fuck that'  and left after about 1.5 hrs. Shit, shit self absorbed, self indulgent noise. i remember saying i cant listen to this anymore and everyone was luckily in agreeance. We went round the corner to Electric box and saw plump djs which were better. And thats a statement in itself.

Last edited by Dermo (Friday Nov 2013 15:06:33)

Part of the problem

Plump DJs were a sure-fire crowd pleaser tbf

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

Dermo wrote:

Shit, shit self absorbed, self indulgent noise.

This. He's the only person I've ever wanted to punch whilst being pilled-up.

Good job I didn't as I'd fucking destroy him if I did hit him.

Didn't realise you'd met Derms

Should be noted, especially around these parts, that Freeland ran the Star Bar (Room 2 if you like) of Bedrock when it opened up at Heaven - although the number of times he actually played was fairly limited from memory.

That Tectonics mix is ok but the best thing he's ever had his name on are the Coastal Breaks mix comps - especially the second one.

At the other end of the scale I can't remember ever hearing anything by his band that I even remotely liked.