Re: Oh good lord what on earth is this from Sander Kleinenberg.....

Thing is he went in this direction cos he was tired of the sweaty male dominated crowds he was playing to... and going to the other extreme and playing to Hen parties isnt just as bad? Actually come to think of it, maybe it was the right switch...

The funny part of that, if it's true, is the music he used to play now brings in a ton of quality ladies.

Every show I've been to here in NYC has an inordinate amount of attractive girls. I tell all my single friends to come out and they're rarely disappointed.

Presto wrote:

Heard BT's latest efforts? Don't.

Total shite, just awful.
Although his one before it "BT – If The Stars Are Eternal So Are You And I" was class.
Thought he was finally getting his shit together again.

drwho13 wrote:

The funny part of that, if it's true, is the music he used to play now brings in a ton of quality ladies.

Every show I've been to here in NYC has an inordinate amount of attractive girls. I tell all my single friends to come out and they're rarely disappointed.

Wanna book a total stranger you met on the internet to pass out on your couch?

Ger_Stokes wrote:
Presto wrote:

Total shite, just awful.
Although his one before it "BT – If The Stars Are Eternal So Are You And I" was class.

Every time he comes out with a new album, I think "maybe this will be the one where he hearkens back to his classic sounds!" Nope. Just reechingly awful.

Even Zackster wouldn't chart this bollix.

Ger_Stokes wrote:
Presto wrote:

Total shite, just awful.

Hmmm. Can't say I agree tbh. Could have been good but I was mostly let down my that also.

The opening track was sounding beautiful until about the 8 minute mark. Where the whole thing is destroyed.

fletcher wrote:

I noticed he had been booked for Pacha London, looks like they are attempting to bring in "named" DJs now for their Pure Pacha weekly event.  Possibly stepping up the game incase Ministry goes?

Sankeys

Far cry from these days  https://soundcloud.com/frankie55z/sande … ear....but let's appreciate the sander we once knew and let him crack on with what ever musical direction he chooses to go.

jules72 wrote:

https://soundcloud.com/kleinenberg/last … b-5k-refix

former prog legend now putting out plop like this......sigh....

Comster all over it. Hold tight.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

https://soundcloud.com/kleinenberg/sand … g-eleonore

Another dreadful Kleinenberg effort...this time a defacing of a classic

Sad to see/hear, the 4 seasons ep  sounds like a symphony compared to that......like i said im stuck in prog house heaven 1996-2001.....with the exception of  Gregor Tresher 'About a good place', Analogue Sound Dept 'Greetings',Peter Martins 'Perfect wave' and a updated mix of the old Classic Der Drite Raum 'Hale Bopp'..i havnt heard much to get the juices flowing.......

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence."

Presto wrote:

The opening track was sounding beautiful until about the 8 minute mark. Where the whole thing is destroyed.

To be fair, although I'm not a fan of the dubsteb 'style' generally, that section between 8 and 11 minutes is waaaayyyyyy out there beyond the scope of what most people could accomplish. We're talking about the 1% here - this is at the apex of electronic music production in the whole WORLD for my money. Even it's not your bag I'd hope you could appreciate just how much skill goes into putting that together, and that's just the three minutes I'm referring to. There's always the danger things get so complex that most of it passes you by, but I would still listen to it just to be awed by it.

Skills........wasn't BT throwing in these glitchy dubsteppy interludes even before dubstep became popular (e.g. on Dreaming circa 2000).

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

I actually quite like this.... not a dubstep fan at all but you can tell this is very well made and the little glitches just sounds like BT's more breaky stuff slowed down.

Good stuff

Absolutely, him and Mike Truman were way ahead of everybody...but then Aphex Twin was already ahead of them. That particular sound has been bastardised by everyone now so I guess it's just the cap that fits unfortunately, in terms of 'labelling' something.

Back then the tools at hand would have been much more primitive too.....nowadays a kid can buy a Massive plug in and get all that dirty dubstep bass wobbliness at the push of a button

chuffer wrote:

Skills........wasn't BT throwing in these glitchy dubsteppy interludes even before dubstep became popular (e.g. on Dreaming circa 2000).

He actually developed a plug in that makes it easier

Yes, and it's the most fun you can have in five minutes without touching your cock. smile

My, now patented, penis-reference-detector just *ahem* went off and brought me here...

Not you too now flares?

The whole board is going rapidly to hell in a cock-shaped handcart...

https://soundcloud.com/kleinenberg/sand … /145497813

nice, just a retort from Sander Kleinenberg.......someone had to bloody tell him

lol....it's tough love.....he'll thank you for it eventually

well said