Topic: Christmas scran

So what's everyone got planned for Christmas nosebag this year?

I'm going fully traditional. Turkey crown, devils on horseback, pigs in blankets with sage, two types of stuffing, slow cooked spiced red cabbage, sprouts and pancetta, cranberry, goose fat roasties, honey parsnips, sweet potato and butternut. All washed down with 5 year old Rioja.
Then - Yule log (hate Xmas pud), brandy butter, stilton and crackers/port. Going to be FUCKING BOSS.

Boxing Day - piles of bubble and squeak, assorted pickles, side of salmon, turkey and ham. Fresh bread - various ales INCLUDING PUNK IPA YOU CUNTS.

Get. The. Fuck. In. There. My. Son

*yellow drinking and eating smiley*

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

Re: Christmas scran

I'm coming to yours, Millsy.

Hope that's ok.

millsy23 wrote:

So what's everyone got planned for Christmas nosebag this year?

I'm going fully traditional. Turkey crown, devils on horseback, pigs in blankets with sage, two types of stuffing, slow cooked spiced red cabbage, sprouts and pancetta, cranberry, goose fat roasties, honey parsnips, sweet potato and butternut. All washed down with 5 year old Rioja.
Then - Yule log (hate Xmas pud), brandy butter, stilton and crackers/port. Going to be FUCKING BOSS.

Boxing Day - piles of bubble and squeak, assorted pickles, side of salmon, turkey and ham. Fresh bread - various ales INCLUDING PUNK IPA YOU CUNTS.

Get. The. Fuck. In. There. My. Son

*yellow drinking and eating smiley*

mostly as above but without Turkey....can't be fucked with it so will prob opt for something else like a decent slab of lamb or beef

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

I thought your lot didn't celebrate Christmas?

More than welcome mate. My kids will complain and I'll end up giving them fish fingers and fucking smiley fucking faces or some other shit, so there'll be plenty to go around.

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

Christmas morning will start with Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Egg breakfast probably with a glass of bubbly.

Then over to Mums for Turkey (obviously) and i think we're having pork too this year.  I'll probably be drinking the black stuff throughout.

Mostly looking forward to the cheese board after washed down with a glass or three of port, no doubt.

Then boxing day, down to the sis in law's for more culinary delights and hopefully another cheese board.

I like cheese.

Other personal Yant Christmas favorites would be;

Stuffing - even though it makes your farts absolutely stink i could eat all the stuffing quite easily.
Sprouts - as long as they're cooked right through and are nice and soft.
Crackling - no comment needed.
Roast Spuds - Have to be crispy.

Last edited by Yant (Friday Dec 2013 05:01:57)

I loathe broccoli on an almost personal level.

People pick up broccoli and say "this one is fresh". But how do you know? All of it looks as if it's been around and done bad things. It is, after all, the only vegetable that would not look out of place in a nightclub, chain-smoking and writing IOUs at a blackjack table.

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

seanc80 wrote:

I loathe broccoli on an almost personal level.

People pick up broccoli and say "this one is fresh". But how do you know? All of it looks as if it's been around and done bad things. It is, after all, the only vegetable that would not look out of place in a nightclub, chain-smoking and writing IOUs at a blackjack table.

No wonder you lack in minerals.

------------

seanc80 wrote:

It is, after all, the only vegetable that would not look out of place in a nightclub, chain-smoking and writing IOUs at a blackjack table.

lol

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

Is devils on horseback 'street' for smoking heroin?

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Brocolli florets wrapped in the labias of circumcised Sudanese girls Sean. So quite the culinary juxtaposition for you I would imagine.

------------

Easy for you to say.

Turkey crown? Traditional? Haha. Fail millsy. Fail.

I said scran a bit back here. Blank faces.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Turkey crown? Traditional? Haha. Fail millsy. Fail.

I said scran a bit back here. Blank faces.

I'm a breast man Dermo.  I ain't got time for that giblets shit. Get me?

Enjoy yet another barbecue with Bouncer.

------------

I had Harold Bishop round here last year. Until he forgot where he was.

Part of the problem

millsy23 wrote:

I'm going fully traditional.....sweet potato and butternut.

Hang on. Traditional sweet potato and butternut. Where's that farking traditional? Malta?

Part of the problem

We're having goose this year. Never had it before so it will be interesting.

Back home to my ma's .. I'm in charge of the sprouts - done with leeks, lardons & chestnuts + a splash of red wine vinegar.

Looking forward to it.

SimonR

Broccoli is a power vegetable.

The marathon runners choix de legume.

Millsy, how can you say 'fully traditional' when you're cooking turkey instead of goose?

FAIL.

草泥马

Anyone who drinks Port should be shot.

seanc80 wrote:

It is, after all, the only vegetable that would not look out of place in a nightclub

lol

smallman1 wrote:

I shouldn't admit this but I'm with Yantino on this one. A good quality port is amazing. Best not to drink too much though as the hangovers are lethal. Lots of toxins in that stuff.

This board just serves up crushing monotony and mediocrity, until you just wish Yant was dead.

草泥马

So damn sick of turkey. Think Ill be stuffing some Cornish hens this Christmas.

Wish I was old and a little sentimental.

smallman1 wrote:

normally you come across as a sound bloke edward, but on this occasion you are wrong.

a bottle of port is the gentleman;s accompaniment to a post dinner kitchen sink affair. Although last time I did that i had my liver tested 3 days later and it wasn't pretty.

As for the hangovers. yes they are.

When I was an undergrad in Oxford we could buy a bottle of 77 LBV for about 20 quid. It was lush.

Loop Music Mix Show

http://www.loop-music.co.uk