Topic: John Digweed @ fabric - Saturday 21st December

For this near Christmas event, as always, Craig Richards heads a stellar cast of artists to take control of Room One. Bedrock’s front man and legendary originator John Digweed returns for his traditional December outing to Farringdon. He joins duo Minilougue who are set to bring their intense minimal tech-fuelled persuasions to the table for a special live show. 

Marcel Dettmann’s self-conducted MDR imprint plays host to Room Two. The label boss and Ostgut Ton player joins cohort Answer Code Request, the electronica skewed alias of the more techno-torched productions of Patrick Gaiser whilst the crystal-clear and hypnotic synth fusion harboured by new comer Kobosil appears live for the first time in Farringdon.

Room Three will be contained by our resident Terry Francis and one of the founding fathers of our house division, the legendary Eddie Richards. Eddie’s acid and tech house inspired sound will radiate across our third space alongside Reset Robot’s dubbed out, moody sonority which the pair have chosen to showcase for the latest edition of DEMO.

Room 1
John Digweed
Craig Richards
Minilogue - Live

Room 2: MDR Records
Marcel Dettmann
Answer Code Request
Kobosil - LIVE

Room 3: Demo
Terry Francis
Eddie Richards
Reset Robot

Perfect way to start your Christmas off

Tickets available to buy now from
http://www.fabriclondon.com/club/listing/841

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1422874014596365/

Last edited by fabric (Thursday Nov 2013 04:41:20)

Re: John Digweed @ fabric - Saturday 21st December

Any idea of set times?

Anyone who has an "ironic" haircut, or mustache, or whatever, is even more of a cunt.

So... Who's in then for this??? See you all there if so!

Beef Jerky Time!

I'm all in. Cannae wait.

Any set times please FABRIC ?

I am on last if that helps so save some energy

Well don't even think about cutting the sound before 10am - we are bringing plenty of *ahem* energy with us

Last edited by Apster (Saturday Dec 2013 07:04:19)

"You're clearly French - you're a child of the croissant. Look at that nose, it's like the Eiffel tower, you've got cheeks like the Louvre and a chin like a baguette"

Come on then, lets have some reports. I prefer the still twatted ramblings as soon as you get back, rather than the considered comments later on.

Sorry to disappoint but this is going to be very considered! I have been listening to Digweed for 15 years. I've always preferred Sasha, as Diggers tends to stray into techno territory a bit more, which can sometimes be a little dull for my liking - Slovenia being a classic example. However, that set last night was simply the best set I've ever heard from him.

Maybe it was the fact I haven't been to a club in 3 years but Fabric was special yesterday. A proper, almost old-school crowd, created an atmosphere reminiscent of the old days when prog ruled the world. The last few times I have been clubbing, I've felt decidedly ancient and pined for the days of Renaissance, The Bomb, The End, Gatecrasher etc. Not last night.

Not sure what was going on with the set times - Digweed 4-8?! I was fuming, was expecting to be tucked up in bed by 6! I wasn't that keen on Minilogue either, so was not in a great mood come 4am but Digweed played a monster set of melodic, proggy brilliance - it took me WAY back.

He started with a remix of Cascade by Future Sound of London and with that, he had me right till 8am. Honestly cannot remember enjoying myself as much even back in my now rapidly disappearing youth. My only question now is, why is he not putting out CDs with the kind of tunes he was playing at Fabric (not listened to Argentina yet though)?

Edit: Just listened to Argentina, recognise a couple of the tracks, this is more like it!

Last edited by HiTorque (Sunday Dec 2013 15:34:57)

Amazing night, a lot of new music played which didn't feature on the recent Asian tour. I recognised a few tracks: Siblings - Am losing all my senses, Just Be remix, Maher Daniel & John Chamis - lonely stars in open skies Luca Bachetti remix,  The XX - tides, Dixon remix, My favourite robot - White light, Jimmy Edgar remix, Sounding - Mark Deutsche and Musoe, Halo Varga- Future, Matt Tolfrey - Turn you out, Laura Jones & Herily remix.

Knackered as usual

The original of Halo Varga? Or a remix?

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

He played the original version, sounded as if it was made yesterday.

Knackered as usual

Ledge. That's what I like about Diggers, he doesn't seem fazed by dropping mahoosive tracks from yesteryear if the moment deserves it. Contrast that with Sasha and his 'I don't like revisiting the past' comments on occasion - sounds a touch narrow-minded from someone with his history. Some kids today won't have heard Future in a club, so why not give them the chance?

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Ledge. That's what I like about Diggers, he doesn't seem fazed by dropping mahoosive tracks from yesteryear if the moment deserves it. Contrast that with Sasha and his 'I don't like revisiting the past' comments on occasion - sounds a touch narrow-minded from someone with his history. Some kids today won't have heard Future in a club, so why not give them the chance?

Couldn't agree more.

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Contrast that with Sasha and his 'I don't like revisiting the past' comments on occasion - sounds a touch narrow-minded from someone with his history. Some kids today won't have heard Future in a club, so why not give them the chance?

That's not entirely true, from what I've gathered I think he means in a broader sense, as in going back to doing classic sets....Sasha actually played the original of 'Future' in San Fran about 2 years ago, always goes down well!

Diggers dropping Liquid Cool at Fabric was pretty special back in the day. smile

Awful control   Broken physics   Horrific AI   Weak voice work   Poor textures.

And that's just Wally on the pull.

Just remembered some more, Tim Green - don't like me, Danton Eeprom - Biscotto & chimpanzee Fairmont remix, Henry Saiz - Love mythology Uner remix, We need cracks - Solarium, Luciano Esse Stefano Testa - Pride and Prejudice.

Last edited by Ahad Adump (Tuesday Dec 2013 08:36:12)

Knackered as usual

I left about 7.30, but heard reports of him dropping Fluke - Slid after my exit.... is this true????? (If so, kicks oneself in the balls for missing it!, but just too knacked to keep eyelids open!)

Beef Jerky Time!

Top night. Love that it wasn't rammed. Was at Fabric for Maceo Plex and DJ Tennis in Nov, but you couldn't move. Superb crowd on Saturday. Room 2 was pounding. Fair play to the folks in there. Room 3 was ace. Reset Robot played some very decent music.

He played, DJ Garth & E.T.I - Twenty minutes of disco glory. Its from the Sasha Zen set. Mind = blown.

Did anybody stay to the end?  What time did it finish and what did John finish with?  Also, any reports from rooms 2 and 3?

I'm absolutely gutted to have missed this night - was looking forward to it from the moment the bill was announced, and was still looking forward to it less than 12 hours before the event, when a dramatic change in circumstances meant I had to make the difficult but correct decision to give this one a miss.

Very glad that this seemed to be a good night, though!!!

Check out our DJ sets at http://www.mixcloud.com/Cloudandgirl
Original productions and remixes are at http://www.soundcloud.com/Cloudandowl

This one below needs an ID!

Knackered as usual