Re: Oakenfold - Goa Essential mix

@ETC - strongly suspect you will like Nicks Courtyard mix A LOT... I had it on twice over Christmas to get away from the fucking Christmas carols and Disney shite one must sweat through with little ones in the house... It is, for want of a much better phrase, fucking banging.
Love that second record (I'm sure it would be deemed fromage but I don't care)... Not sure why someone called you out for mixing out of Olive into it Sneddon?!  I thought it was mint

Hodgy wrote:

@ETC - strongly suspect you will like Nicks Courtyard mix A LOT... I had it on twice over Christmas to get away from the fucking Christmas carols and Disney shite one must sweat through with little ones in the house... It is, for want of a much better phrase, fucking banging.
Love that second record (I'm sure it would be deemed fromage but I don't care)... Not sure why someone called you out for mixing out of Olive into it Sneddon?!  I thought it was mint

very, very nice mix.

the courtyard; the only place  where ive seen cockneys hug scousers hug mancs.

sad to say got every 12" on the c.d..  transa 'enervate' (that fucking key change)and three in one 'sin city'(the dance at my second wedding, couldnt tell you the year i got married tho), always get the hairs on the back of my neck up.

fackin' good work. fackin good mix.

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Wednesday Jan 2014 03:44:21)

There's something wrong with me chemically Something wrong with me inherently,The wrong MIX In the wrong genes, I reached the wrong ends By the wrong means, It was the wrong plan In the wrong hands,The wrong theory for the wrong man,The wrong eyes On the wrong prize,
The wrong questions with the wrong replies. Wrong.

Tell you what,
that oliver lieb mix of origin.. from the heavens above.

nifty mix into cj bollands 'the prophet' Into 'Enervate'

that mansun track.. 3 beat ripped me off  back in '97and sent me a disco version with Reef 'raise your hands ' house mix on b side!!.£12! still bugs me.

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Wednesday Jan 2014 03:42:36)

There's something wrong with me chemically Something wrong with me inherently,The wrong MIX In the wrong genes, I reached the wrong ends By the wrong means, It was the wrong plan In the wrong hands,The wrong theory for the wrong man,The wrong eyes On the wrong prize,

found me copy of resident/cream. dont understand why it goes for so much . the oslo global had a lot more about it, as did New york #007..

cant beat cd2 on both sasha's ibiza and san fran on global.

just sheer Alchemy ,my wise men

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4DgPQbIdsY

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Thursday Jan 2014 03:50:47)

EDWARDTHECONFESSOR wrote:

found me copy of resident/cream. dont understand why it goes for so much . the oslo global had a lot more about it, as did New york #007..

cant beat cd2 on both sasha's ibiza and san fran on global.

just sheer Alchemy ,my wise men

The Power.

CD2 Ibiza is still the one for me! Driving over the moors the other day - sun shining, slight dew and Cass and Slide giving my tin pot speakers are good seeing too. Bliss.

La Nausee wrote:

Did you drop something there Loopy? Lol

Just a few heavy hitting names on the progressive house scene you wouldn't know personally.  Carry on...

the Taste xperiance,(highlander/tantric and of course summersault)

heavy hitting names on the progressive house scene

Hahahahahahaha

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Hahahahahahaha

Nothing wrong with the taste xperiance .

original mix not vocal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRogN6dCoes

rated by the sensei of progressive house Pezz@3 beat  , muzik magazine reviewer par excellance  and a visionary dj ,as  'infinite diversity in infinite wisdom creating truth and beauty.. '

got to agree.

and this ;

5am , the sun coming up ,  you look around surveying the wreckage on the floor ..the dregs of the e refusing to leave  and  kicking back in for a last hurrah ..and a few hardy souls from the carnage get up off the floor and go 'over the top' a final time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpkmDnncIB0

and finally, a set opener to let the clued up element know that good progressive times are in the post. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOIEjnHCgNM

Hahahahahahaha

I hope you do realise I was taking the piss.

Pete and Dud have nothing on you two...

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Pete and Dud have nothing on you two...

all i have left is my genius flares, its a fucking curse i tells ya.

come to think of it, the taste xperiance were responsible for remixing dario  'voices' ,which oaky drilled into the floor(it was utter crap)

had it on one sided promo and sold it for a fiver..it probably goes for a £50 now.

Tell you what,

wide eyed angel?

used to start all my sets of with that when I got my first pair of Stanton's.......ah great days.....still have it on vinyl in the loft

Last edited by chuffer (Saturday Jan 2014 14:24:54)

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

Epic tunage. Fucking love that. Never fails to deliver a nostalgic punch in the face.

That's twice tonight I've been reminded how fucking ace Oliver Lieb was/is

The Force Mass Motion and Commie mixes weren't too shabby either.

Commie.......loved how he got away with using the same bassline in all his remixes

chuffer wrote:

Tell you what,

wide eyed angel?

used to start all my sets of with that when I got my first pair of Stanton's.......ah great days.....still have it on vinyl in the loft

Yep thats the one. quality quality quality.

i used to kick off my sets with a samual barber's adagio for strings(nicked from redbridge libary) into watchmans 'cut the midrange' of dub of naline and kanes 'open your eyes'....for shame.

Oliver Lieb is power.

smallman1 wrote:

Oliver Lieb is power.

Worn my copy of this down to the nub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xge2HhD1FxA

the breakdown at 3mins 37 firms me up to 45 degrees.