Topic: Jon Hopkins Interview + performance (video)

Last edited by Glen (Sunday Jan 2014 04:48:25)

Re: Jon Hopkins Interview + performance (video)

VerY vERy nICE..

Beats my mix of e razor 'india' into amobea assassin 'speedway revisited' !

Genius

John Foxx for the modern era.

great download.

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Sunday Jan 2014 04:59:26)

There's something wrong with me chemically Something wrong with me inherently,The wrong MIX In the wrong genes, I reached the wrong ends By the wrong means, It was the wrong plan In the wrong hands,The wrong theory for the wrong man,The wrong eyes On the wrong prize,
The wrong questions with the wrong replies. Wrong.

Incredible!

That's pretty amazing.

Wish I was old and a little sentimental.

Sublime. Immunity my stand out artist album of last year. Didn't get Insides at all so welcome return to form. Contact Note still one hell of an album. Good to see him getting the credit after all these years

Uh huh.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

fair  enough ,he did use the words organic,physicality and vernacular to descirbe his music which aggravates me tremondously

i thought it was music was quality electronica.

anyway, here's the next big thing ,extending the frontiers of prog,according to xfm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEU8Hr4nqV8

There's something wrong with me chemically Something wrong with me inherently,The wrong MIX In the wrong genes, I reached the wrong ends By the wrong means, It was the wrong plan In the wrong hands,The wrong theory for the wrong man,The wrong eyes On the wrong prize,

imho, shades/prototype of  'open eye signal..in 1996 , ''rowla' @underworld 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpfB7LRfEKo

EDWARDSCISSORHANDS....why does everything need to be compared to the tracks of old? It sounds nothing like Rowla to me.

Wish I was old and a little sentimental.

Glen wrote:

Only watched the first 5mins or so but none of his frantic endeavours appear to do anything (in real time anyway) to the music. Wouldn't be surprised if everything's been pre-written in Ableton and those KAOSS pads are switched off

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

chuffer wrote:
Glen wrote:

Only watched the first 5mins or so but none of his frantic endeavours appear to do anything (in real time anyway) to the music. Wouldn't be surprised if everything's been pre-written in Ableton and those KAOSS pads are switched off

He programs his drums in real time during shows.  He'll play the initial pattern live into Ableton and loop it, then build upon it from there.  I've seen him live twice and it's completely mental what he's doing on stage.

Looping drum patterns in Ableton is mental?

Where have I been all these years...

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Looping drum patterns in Ableton is mental?

Where have I been all these years...

I dare say doing all of your drum programming on the fly live and playing synth bits overtop is pretty ballsy when you're only one man.  As a comparison, I saw Four Tet 'live' on the same tour and he was just playing pre-recorded loops from Ableton and playing with effects via a MIDI controller.  Hopkins' set  each time I saw him was about as live as you can get with electronic music.

Last edited by loopdokter (Thursday Jan 2014 12:15:18)

loopdokter wrote:

I dare say doing all of your drum programming on the fly live and playing synth bits overtop is pretty ballsy

Mmmm. See Hamelin video above.

Here's another one of him, doing some piano bits in between as well. Lovelyjobly!

https://player.ooyala.com/iframe.html#p … ve-kcrw%2F

Off to see Jon Hopkins on Saturday at The Forum.

Most looking forward to it.

smallman1 wrote:

i feEl the need to get me east end chiv out and stripe the pool PA, IM SO FACKIN JEALOUS.

my mrs has asked three of her mates over for dinner saturday  night where topics will undoubtedly  include
a. "how long has josh been on solids, if so,how long?"

b. "our 3bedroom  property is now worth £4 million pounds,phil and kirsty said so"

c. "i love the 'vibrant' feel of london' , which in essence means that her mates love black cock, and the inherent gladiatorial performance of said black bull.. their not pulling the wool over my eyes!

d. "have you head, lydia has moved to chadwell heath"..."cancer?".."yes"

e. "i love listening to xfm, why only the other day theY played 'blue monday' by  err,'joy division'  (ETC note @and a load of fucking shit by the two door cinema club or whatever the fuck there called)

f."i asked kevin to build me a fireplace ,from the luois xv fireplace feature  i saw in yesterday beautiful homes  magazine ,and he still hasnt got round to doing it..again reading between the lines its clear her mate  is going to fuck ramon the gardener and make poor kevin eat her cream pie.

"solids yes" , "phil and kirsty yes",  "black cock yes" "cancer yes "  "new order yes"  "cream pie yes"...

ETC ..cutting through the fug of deception from around 8.30 pm saturday night..

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Thursday Feb 2014 02:28:11)

Fucking hell Eddie... are you having an episode?  lol

It's a great watch

EDWARDTHECONFESSOR wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

i feEl the need to get me east end chiv out and stripe the pool PA, IM SO FACKIN JEALOUS.

my mrs has asked three of her mates over for dinner saturday  night where topics will undoubtedly  include

b. "our 3bedroom  property is now worth £4 million pounds,phil and kirsty said so"

c. "i love the 'vibrant' feel of london' , which in essence means that her mates love black cock, and the inherent gladiatorial performance of said black bull.. their not pulling the wool over my eyes!

e. "i love listening to xfm, why only the other day theY played 'blue monday' by  err,'joy division'  (ETC note @and a load of fucking shit by the two door cinema club or whatever the fuck there called)

f."i asked kevin to build me a fireplace ,from the luois xv fireplace feature  i saw in yesterday beautiful homes  magazine ,and he still hasnt got round to doing it..again reading between the lines its clear her mate  is going to fuck ramon the gardener and make poor kevin eat her cream pie.

"solids yes" , "phil and kirsty yes",  "black cock yes" "cancer yes "  "new order yes"  "cream pie yes"...

Hahaha, you sure you don't live in Leigh?? You're living my fucking life lol

I own 83% of the CD's in the "Now thats what i call music" series

BedRob wrote:
EDWARDTHECONFESSOR wrote:
smallman1 wrote:

Hahaha, you sure you don't live in Leigh?? You're living my fucking life lol

can i come round to yours mate??

ive just seen the cd's shes got out for tmrw night.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/6 … SY355_.jpg

http://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JPG_40 … llrovi.com

http://p.playserver1.com/ProductImages/ … x180_1.jpg

she's got her signed 'cribs' cd out for show, it wont be played,anyway its going on e bay, profits for a brand  new chiv.

Hahahaha ... Oooerrr

BedRob wrote:

Hahaha, you sure you don't live in Leigh??

....as in the small town in Wigan?

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14