Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Watched both Wolf Of Wall Sreet & 12 Years A Slave.

Both good. Neither anywhere near what the hype suggests though -  7/10

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

smashdad wrote:
Homegrove wrote:

Aaaaaanyway, just watched Seven Psychopaths. That was fucking weird. In Bruges it was not.

I thought In Bruges was a little bit fucking weird.

But then I am to films what EDC is to brevity.

How was In Bruges "weird"?

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Anybody who likes really out-there sci fi should check out On The Silver Globe - it's a Polish film from 1988. Watched it a couple of days ago, really blew me away. It's pretty brutal.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

to be fair to smashdad it was quite a weird film what with the and the black-comedy and the romance and the dwarf.


if there's one thing i'd trust smashdad on, it's weirdness.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King
Legs are very frickin important parts of the woman, thin ankle and tense bop is a must.
MateGreen

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

In Bruges is one of my favourite movies. Brilliant, brutally funny script.

What Paranormal Activity for the first time over the weekend. 7/10. Thought it was a little irritating in places. The woman in it more than anything else. Some proper scary bits though.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Walter Mitty was fucking boring, give it the swerve IMO.

Agree with the folks on American Hustle, put me to sleep. Gave it another go, and there are some good moments in there, brilliant acting... but going by the content they were working with,  this could have been much much better.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

vinnyt77 wrote:

In Bruges is one of my favourite movies. Brilliant, brutally funny script.

What Paranormal Activity for the first time over the weekend. 7/10. Thought it was a little irritating in places. The woman in it more than anything else. Some proper scary bits though.

I didn't see In Bruges until it came on Sky - I thought it'd be shit - it's excellent.

Paranormal Acvtivity, however, is and absolute fucking disgrace of a film.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Diminished Responsibility wrote:

Walter Mitty was fucking boring, give it the swerve IMO.

Agree with the folks on American Hustle, put me to sleep. Gave it another go, and there are some good moments in there, brilliant acting... but going by the content they were working with,  this could have been much much better.

I've got to watch either Walter Mitty or American Hustle on Friday, the missus is insistent and doesn't want to see Wolf of Wall Street.  And I'm not drinking in January - the weekend is shaping up nicely.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Grant wrote:
vinnyt77 wrote:

In Bruges is one of my favourite movies. Brilliant, brutally funny script.

What Paranormal Activity for the first time over the weekend. 7/10. Thought it was a little irritating in places. The woman in it more than anything else. Some proper scary bits though.

I didn't see In Bruges until it came on Sky - I thought it'd be shit - it's excellent.

Same here, even Colin Farrell was decent in it

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

caught Elysium last night - thought it was good

enjoyed District 9 and this was in a similar vein - love the feel for 'future' tech that Blomkamp seems to have - everything looked good and the droids were impressive

Sharlito Colpey (sp) as Kruger was a proper bastard

7.5/10

check out my hearthis.at page

i'm too old for this shit

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Saw 'Olympus Has Fallen' over the weekend.  The missus grabs new releases from the library that's across the street.  The upside is that they have a surprisingly good selection of new release movies.  The downside is you get ones like this thrown into the mix.

Honestly, I think this was meant to be a comedy.  Everyone dies in opening scenes except miraculously the one Secret Service agent who is able to save the president.  He also manages to shoot and kill his way through what appears to be 100s of North Korean commandos and miraculously be the only guy who's able to save the White House.  It's cliche-filled, one-liner-stricken and absolute pish.  The combat scenes are so over the top and unbelievable that I was laughing... Even the missus was chuckling at audacity of it all.

10/10 if you want a good laugh at how bad this flick is.  The comedic effect is brilliant.  1/10 for it being a good action film - of which it's not.

The irony of the fact that it's an 'America, fuck yeah!' movie starring a Scotsman was more than amusing.  How the casting director managed to rope in Gerard Butler, Ashley Judd, Morgan Freeman and a few other credible actors confounds me.  Of course the Yanks ate it up and it made tonnes of money.  God Bless 'Merca.

Last edited by loopdokter (Monday Jan 2014 09:27:53)

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Not ironic and definitely not amusing.

loopdokter wrote:

The irony of the fact that it's an 'America, fuck yeah!' movie starring a Scotsman was more than amusing

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

fadass wrote:

Not ironic and definitely not amusing.

loopdokter wrote:

The irony of the fact that it's an 'America, fuck yeah!' movie starring a Scotsman was more than amusing

Ironic in an Alanis Morisette way.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

The pianist 8/10...wolf of wall street tonight which is appaarently very good...missus watched on the train to the smoke the other day and got the thumbs up!

Fibonacci sequence, yes I can count

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

munkyn wrote:

The pianist 8/10...wolf of wall street tonight which is appaarently very good...missus watched on the train to the smoke the other day and got the thumbs up!

Yeah. Sorry about that mate. Train beers got the better of me.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

lol

I watched Lone Surviver. Wow. That's all I'm saying. Still speechless.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King
Legs are very frickin important parts of the woman, thin ankle and tense bop is a must.
MateGreen

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

...trailer for the new Ben Wheatley, looks fucking hatstand bonkers

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

That's been out for ages Damo and from a fan of Wheatley, I thought it was unwatchable.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Eastern Promises. Still good despite Naomi Watts' terrible performance, last I saw it was when it first came out. Vincent Cassell is a nutter.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Homegrove wrote:

Eastern Promises. Still good despite Naomi Watts' terrible performance, last I saw it was when it first came out. Vincent Cassell is a nutter.

i like Viggo Mortensen in this and also that other one he was in - a History of Violence

he's not a terrible actor imo

gave 'the road' a massive swerve tho

check out my hearthis.at page

i'm too old for this shit

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

shaunstrudwick wrote:
Homegrove wrote:

Eastern Promises. Still good despite Naomi Watts' terrible performance, last I saw it was when it first came out. Vincent Cassell is a nutter.

i like Viggo Mortensen in this and also that other one he was in - a History of Violence

he's not a terrible actor imo

gave 'the road' a massive swerve tho

I must admit though i preferred History of violence to Eastern promises

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

History of Violence wins just for the full frontal nudity scene. Maria Bello fully nude > Aragorn's balls and junk.

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Have you seen Don Jon yet Hannu?

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Unbroken1 wrote:

...trailer for the new Ben Wheatley, looks fucking hatstand bonkers




it was released around last sept and shown on film 4,(for one day only) ,at the cinema and on netflicks, the same day.


i thought it was pretty good, not much happens but then not much happend in 'Morven callar',  'Meantime' and 'sideways' and they were fackin ace.

would def watch again if chewing khat.

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence."

Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

MattBlack wrote:

Have you seen Don Jon yet Hannu?

Nope. Will probably rent that one. Next up on our movie list (actual movie theatre-wise) are Wolf of Wall Street, Prisoners and Her.