Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

I can tell you what happens in any one of the Hobbit films: Some sickenly-sweet hobbit character guffs on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about some stupid fucking ring - inbetween going on and on and on, there a handful of epic battles involving odd looking creatures and a sprinkling of spells from a fella with a grey beard big pointy hat

I had to sit through all three Lord of the Ring films with the kids and it was a traumatic experience.  On that basis alone, all past, present and future Hobbit films score 0/10 from me.  Absolute drivel that put even super-hero films to shame.

Yeah, but what do you REALLY think?

Many moons ago,i had to sit through the 'pokemon' movie with the boy.
terrible graphics and, to be quite frank, a  subversive plot which was simply could not hold water it had that many holes.

the  characters lacked depth and gravitas,(with the exception of jiggly puff), i just couldnt  'hang my hat' on any of them.

dug trio (the one that looks like 3 turds planted into the ground) was a revelation through juxtaposition of reality and the imaginary.

1/10.

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Thursday Jan 2014 06:21:03)

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence........We are Connected.."

not a fan of Pokemon but don't mind Yu-Gi-O

American Hustle.

What on earth?

I actually found out afterwards, to my amazement, that apparently it's supposed to be a comedy.

Foxy Stoat wrote:

American Hustle.

What on earth?

I actually found out afterwards, to my amazement, that apparently it's supposed to be a comedy.

like your avatar..edward hitler qpr fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKr1mJWbY_4

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence........We are Connected.."

Keep bumping into people who think American Hustle is the absolute tits. Apart from the scene with Bobby De Niro it's pretty dull. Bale is horribly miscast - I can only assume the cheque was enormous.

Just finished watching The Fifth Estate this evening. Meh. If I'd paid to see that at the cinema I'd have been fuming. Thank fuck for streaming - now THAT'S value for (no) money.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

EDWARDTHECONFESSOR wrote:

like your avatar..edward hitler qpr fan.

Eddie Hitler is the role model to my kids that I wish I was

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

Keep bumping into people who think American Hustle is the absolute tits. Apart from the scene with Bobby De Niro it's pretty dull. Bale is horribly miscast - I can only assume the cheque was enormous.

Just finished watching The Fifth Estate this evening. Meh. If I'd paid to see that at the cinema I'd have been fuming. Thank fuck for streaming - now THAT'S value for (no) money.

I love going to the cinema, but I paid £25 for me and missus to go and see that pile of shit, it almost makes you not want to go again, but then you do and it's The Wolf of Wall Street - I'd be gutted if I didn't see that in a cinema.

Off to see Wolf of Wall Street tomorrow with Smallman Snr.

It's not really a film you should watch with your parents.

Saw Inside Llewyn Davis this afternoon. It was an okay way to pass the time, nothing much happens - think the film is a little self-indulgent. The music, which takes up an uncomfortable amount of time, makes you want to murder someone.

smallman1 wrote:

Off to see Wolf of Wall Street tomorrow with Smallman Snr.

Youll love it Ed, its how i imagine you live your life

Wolf of Wall Street. 9/10 - loved it. Me and Mrs laughed out loud through a lot of it, although we caught ourselves laughing quite a bit at some of the very funny and very accurate drug scenes when others around us didn't. Thought the three hours flew past. There was only one part I thought could have been cut to reduce the length, and then only because I've heard others talking about it being too long, so it was already at the back of my mind. DiCaprio is brilliant in it, and his relationship with Jonah Hill is brilliantly written. Highly recommend...

Filth. Like Bad Lieutenant meets Trainspotting, some real laugh out loud moments and James McAvoy is very good in the lead 9/10

Wolf of wall st. Agree with pretty much everything thats been said, an outstanding film, DiCaprio is verygood in the lead and a very good supporting cast too, almost faultless 10/10

MattBlack wrote:

Filth. Like Bad Lieutenant meets Trainspotting, some real laugh out loud moments and James McAvoy is very good in the lead 9/10

Wolf of wall st. Agree with pretty much everything thats been said, an outstanding film, DiCaprio is verygood in the lead and a very good supporting cast too, almost faultless 10/10

ive got EVERTHING welsh has ever done and a real anorak with his  body of work.

I just know i'll be gripped with melancholy if i go to see it ,as film is never ever as good as the written word.

ETC reclines in a batterd chesterfield ,half obscured by  darkness ,save  the tiffany lamp's  glow,  next to   evelyn waugh and a  labour voting lesbian of some description, a half smile playing across his lips,The clinking of fine cut crystal ,awash with single malt,a fitting background score, on the set of 'after dark', ch4,12.30 at night,before euro trash,main feature female dwarf foot fetish, and then a documentry presented by al shrapton, on the invention of  the magnet on the crazy golf isle of 'patmos' 6,600 years ago.

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Sunday Jan 2014 03:05:05)

I'm the same ETC, Filth is a great representation of the book.

Grant wrote:

I'm the same ETC, Filth is a great representation of the book.

will  try it.

cant see maribous stork being tfrd to film.

i too have Irvine Welsh's canon in my home and I too would recommend Flith the movie.

Of course, very few films do a perfect job of reflecting the original novel but this was obviously made with great respect for the source material.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King
Legs are very frickin important parts of the woman, thin ankle and tense bop is a must.
MateGreen

The Class of 92.    10/10

Am not afraid to admit I shed a tear on more than one occasion watching this.

EDWARDTHECONFESSOR wrote:

cant see maribous stork being tfrd to film.

The mind boggles

Speaking of Walsh I just watched Ecstacy, not amazing but John Digweed gets an acting credit in it

Bradley or Louie?

Fuck, I meant Welsh, not doing very well today!

Absolutely loved The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Am in touch with Scorsese about making The Hound of Hampton Court starring yours truly.