Re: Cheeky BT cunts

smashdad wrote:

I had Virgin fibre-optic in my old place - got 99% of the bandwidth I was paying for 99.9% of the time.

And no fucking landline.

Continually find it remarkable that Virgin are the only (major) company offering blazingly fast home broadband with no need for a landline.  I'll ask it again - who in their right fucking minds wants a landline at home?

Someone earlier posted a suggested answer of 'birds' - well not in my experience they don't.  They're more dedicated to their mobiles than fellas are.  There isn't a woman in my family who doesn't begrudge paying for a landline they don't use and scrolling back through my phone now I can't even find who the last person to call my mobile from a landline was...

Place I'm currently renting has a legacy contract in place with Orange/EE - and it's fucking rubbish, AND has a landline.  Have offered my landlord to pay it up and fuck it off but until they agree I'm fucking fuming...

I never use the land-line either.  My missus does all the time (a lot to her mum) and uses it as an excuse to bollock me when I refuse to answer it - it won't ever be for me.  The phone practically free - I need to pay for the phone line to get broadband.

It was a boring thread until mono mentioned the DOCSIS3 network build. Then shit got real.

------------
Millsy , you're a board titan and beyond mere platitudes. Your contribution speaks for itself.

niton (Oct 14)

I can bullshit my knowledge so far but when the acronyms start flying like that I know i'm out of my depth.

Part of the problem

I'm with Shashy on this. The missus insisted on buying an old school type phone whe we moved into our gaff. Fucking horrible thing you can't rest on your shoulder while you're talking - can't stand the fucking thing. I hate house phones and would get rid today if I could.

First world problems.

I am right on with BTs Friends And Family telephony service, makes me feel wanted using all those free minutes.

Of course a land-line is a right auld load of bollix nowadays, my point is that unless you are in a NTL (old school) area you are otherwise fooked for Sky and Broadband.

millsy23 wrote:

It was a boring thread until mono mentioned the DOCSIS3 network build. Then shit got real.

Call me NOW on 0800 172 1231 for some hot smutty acronym chat. 

I mount your 12" harddisk as you clutch my twister pair.

I hope you have a HIGH CAPACITY BEARER able to take my TRUNKING.

------------
Millsy , you're a board titan and beyond mere platitudes. Your contribution speaks for itself.

niton (Oct 14)