Re: Seb Fontaine GU Prototype

^^ so you basically like his whole body of work.

zackster wrote:

^^ so you basically like his whole body of work.

The three on Perfecto were OK.

I misread Dave's post there and thought he'd only achknowledged the Type Perfecto mix rather than the other two as well.
Just noticed he said the series continued on Perfecto.

Always see Seb at The Bridge.

KLANG.

Going to see oul seb along with john kelly and paul bleasdale this weekend ex cream residents, Now and then type gig dunno what to expect from seb if he has plenty of tunes from 98-04 in his bag may not be to bad have no idea what he plays these days?

It will be a decent night. Paul Bleasdale is an excellent DJ. John Kelly is consistently shite in my experience. Seb was always somewhere in the middle of the two.

草泥马

Paul Bleasdale: always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

John Kelly was always a floor clearer.

Amps wrote:

Think he loved the prog, but had to play to a trance crowd at Cream. Bar maybe Sasha or Van Dyke, anyone replacing Oakey at that time was doomed to failure.

True, that. Added to that, the whole superclub thing was just starting to die on its arse at that time IIRC. 2001-ish, everyone was sick of paying £12-£14 + extortionate prices for even the couple of beers you would have and was fucking off to smaller venues or getting into guitar music again.

I remember actually being in one of the city centre bars summer 2001/2, possibly Modo or somewhere on Concert Square and some slag was running round with discount flyers for Cream desperately trying to get the night filled up with punters and no cunt in there was having any of it. Not long after that it closed and only returned later as a monthly or whatever. Apparently it was a grim night out in its later days, you can't have a communal experience on shit beans with an empty dancefloor with only dealers for company.

草泥马

I made John Kelly mop my kitchen floor at a party much to the amusement of my pals. #Truefax

A mix and some of my old productions here: http://www.soundcloud.com/mikemillerdj

pete_tong_mad wrote:

He's certainly changed his style

http://soundcloud.com/sebfontaine

Ditched the trendy sounds of old.

Listening to the Aug Mix 2013, it's fucking decent actually.

However, he hasn't changed his style massively. This sounds like it could have been put together (by him) in 2002.

草泥马

mikemiller wrote:

I made John Kelly mop my kitchen floor

is that a euphemism?

Part of the problem

Nah, he was being a prick and showing off, so he needed knocking down a peg. In his burgundy YSL roll neck, the cunt.

A mix and some of my old productions here: http://www.soundcloud.com/mikemillerdj

mikemiller wrote:

Nah, he was being a prick and showing off, so he needed knocking down a peg. In his burgundy YSL roll neck, the cunt.

lol can imagine him being a right clown.

mikemiller wrote:

burgundy YSL roll neck, the cunt.

Standard scouse attire.

Part of the problem

Beijing Dave wrote:

John Kelly is consistently shite in my experience.

Only seen him once, can't remember where - think it was Godskitchen Global Gathering or Gatecrasher Summer SOundsystem - my god, the fella could not actually beatmatch - absolute fucking horror-show train wreck every mix attempt

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

He spilled a can of lager on the floor which was no big deal, but then proceeded to dance around in it like a prick and was rude when I asked him to clean it up. So I put a pill in his can, peer pressured him into doing a pipe and watched him unravel when I handed him a mop and bucket. Then rang him a taxi and walked him to the door haha.

well played

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

mikemiller wrote:

So I put a pill in his can,

Dangerous. Could have killed him. What a shame.

Part of the problem

He'd already had a load so I doubt it. Was worth a shot though

Big Fella wrote:

John Kelly was always a floor clearer.

Correct on this pretty shocking, seb was ok but i spent most of the night in listening to local guys loads of great prog and house played even abit of tech/goa trance.

Beijing Dave wrote:
Amps wrote:

Think he loved the prog, but had to play to a trance crowd at Cream. Bar maybe Sasha or Van Dyke, anyone replacing Oakey at that time was doomed to failure.

True, that. Added to that, the whole superclub thing was just starting to die on its arse at that time IIRC. 2001-ish, everyone was sick of paying £12-£14 + extortionate prices for even the couple of beers you would have and was fucking off to smaller venues or getting into guitar music again.

I remember actually being in one of the city centre bars summer 2001/2, possibly Modo or somewhere on Concert Square and some slag was running round with discount flyers for Cream desperately trying to get the night filled up with punters and no cunt in there was having any of it. Not long after that it closed and only returned later as a monthly or whatever. Apparently it was a grim night out in its later days, you can't have a communal experience on shit beans with an empty dancefloor with only dealers for company.

What happened at Cream was almost a perfect mirror of what was happening with music at the time, trance had gone pop, nobody wanted anything to do with it and was looking for a different direction and not really finding much.

The monthly nights where pretty rammed out until the mid 2000s though.

mikemiller wrote:

I put a pill in his can, peer pressured him into doing a pipe and watched him unravel when I handed him a mop and bucket. Then rang him a taxi and walked him to the door haha.

LOL.

his Prototype 3 was really good...Paragliders_Lithium into Marmion's_5 Years & Tomorrow one bloody hell sequence!

mikemiller wrote:

He spilled a can of lager on the floor which was no big deal, but then proceeded to dance around in it like a prick and was rude when I asked him to clean it up. So I put a pill in his can, peer pressured him into doing a pipe and watched him unravel when I handed him a mop and bucket. Then rang him a taxi and walked him to the door haha.

...hahaha, would have fucking loved to see that

First time I ever saw him in London was at a few of the Que Pasa parties around 95/6, think he was a pal of Judge Jules and Roy the Roach, his music was so chronically cheesy he made Jules sound like fucking Sven Vath

soundcloud.com/unbroken1

Paul Bleasedale is a proper dj, his online mental breakdown or something was remarkable...

http://www.uk-dance.org/discussion/messages/3584617

I think the links to the footie board where he was posting are dead but I remember it was really mental.

Still, it's Dermo-lite.