Topic: Why IKEA why?

http://stoneyroads.com/record-collector … y-shelves/

Looks like I have to be extra careful next time I move house. Can't go buying a new shelf for 30 € anymore if I break the one I use as a DJ stand now.

Those are mint, cost next to nothing, and are perfect for records, as long as you don't put too much records in them.

Re: Why IKEA why?

God one myself packed to the rafters, but the missus is banging on at me condensing my vinly. Even though I have a lot of shit in there I still can't bring myself to do it.

Love me some Ikea meatballs.

Wish I was old and a little sentimental.

There's not better place to serve as a reminder to use contraception than the IKEA restaurant on a Saturday afternoon.

dutchy101 wrote:

God one myself packed to the rafters, but the missus is banging on at me condensing my vinyl. Even though I have a lot of shit in there I still can't bring myself to do it.

Ditto.

Just moved in to a House which currently lacks storage so a lot of my vinyl is either in my garage or my folks. Thankfully, the missus has said that I can have some purpose built shelving built for my decks and some of my vinyl. The rest will have to stay in my garage (or my folks) until such time as I (pay someone too) convert the loft space in to a dedicated area.

Prog God

Homegrove wrote:

There's not better place to serve as a reminder to use contraception than the IKEA restaurant on a Saturday afternoon.

Very true. Tbh I do buy their chocolate bars. Other than that. Hell no.

Wish I was old and a little sentimental.

Yeah, I'm about to embalk on a Kitchen extension which should be rights give me more space for my vinyl, Dan, but oh no, it's not allowed. Sobs

Homegrove wrote:

http://stoneyroads.com/record-collector … y-shelves/

Looks like I have to be extra careful next time I move house. Can't go buying a new shelf for 30 € anymore if I break the one I use as a DJ stand now.

Those are mint, cost next to nothing, and are perfect for records, as long as you don't put too much records in them.

The question you have to ask is: will this prevent you from getting your brown wings at the weekend. If the answer is 'no', then why are you worrying???

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

got a dark gray one in our the front room.  about the only thing worth buying from that place, apart from the potato ricers they sell, which has revolutionized my mash.

I fail to see why those two are connected Henry?

there is a new version coming with another name which holds more weight and has the same dimensions for vinyl. what's the problem?

Top tip for a silky smooth gravy, put it through a cafetiere.

John Digweed has two other brothers called Paul and Ringo

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Being told by a Doris what to do you with your vinyl?

Give over.

Pussy whipped fag pounders

My doris insisted we rid ourselves of all cds/clutter as she called it.

Luckily she was forward thinking and it is all wirelessly projected around the gaff nowadays, controlled by my ipad (password protected obv).

Last edited by Big Fella (Wednesday Feb 2014 08:57:57)

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

The question you have to ask is: will this prevent you from getting your brown wings at the weekend. If the answer is 'no', then why are you worrying???

young Malaysian boys don't count unfortunately

"I am the fucking club" - Flares 19.03.14

smallman1 wrote:

Being told by a Doris what to do you with your vinyl?

Give over.

Mine has tried.  That is a clear no go zone for her that she will never win.  A man has to stand his ground.  I'm also happy to report that our new couch is rather comfortable for sleeping.

I just inherited about 120 slabs of rare jazz records and she's having a mini-fit about how it's not all feng shui.

120 slabs, blimey Jase.

I found the Ikea ones couldn't handle the weight and didn't trust them when they started to flex under a full load.
So I got my mate who's a chippy to knock me some up with a decent ply. He did them custom to fit my wall and put a hardboard backing on to stop any flex. Cost about 100 quid and I can fit approx 4000 in it.

Last edited by Dermo (Wednesday Feb 2014 15:31:02)

Part of the problem

Was that Award Winning Ply™?

How do I tell?

Part of the problem

I was trying to describe a new furniture store that's opened near me to a New Zealander the other day.

He said 'does it look like Ikea?'

草泥马

Dermo wrote:

I found the Ikea ones couldn't handle the weight and didn't trust them when they started to flex under a full load.
So I got my mate who's a chippy to knock me some up with a decent ply. He did them custom to fit my wall and put a hardboard backing on to stop any flex. Cost about 100 quid and I can fit approx 4000 in it.

Mind posting a picture?

Sorry mate its 12500 miles away but as an idea this is almost identical. Same wood and layout apart from mine are 4 holes high not 5. Ive got 3 of these. Rule of thumb is 75 x 12 inches per hole. Each one was 100 quid by the way and that was 2004.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZvcT-yAn2xw/T08J7ID7bhI/AAAAAAAAAVw/y-SmeU4c2Cs/s320/Record+Shelves.JPG

Last edited by Dermo (Wednesday Feb 2014 23:12:50)

Part of the problem

Any thread which contains the world 'flex' is heading in a good direction imo