Re: The General Footy Thread

joeyp wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

Apologies JoeyP is also a Red.

I'm still new, apologies not required.

You sticking by him BF?

He's just bought a new place (this week) in Knutsford apparently - http://srushton.co.uk/sales Last page Legh road 4 mill

Cant see the board pushing the button just yet...


Nice gaff, man after my own heart with a cinema room.

Re: The General Footy Thread

MattBlack wrote:

Keane slags off Carrick, Carricks wife sticks up for him

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/ear … 51460.html

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/PZoAudbnyHTK_u06e2nv.w--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NQ--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-GB/blogs/early-doors/2602CarrickTweet.jpg


Job done Keano

Next High-Soul Society@Star of Bethnal Green http://www.starofbethnalgreen.com
April 11th > march's effort http://m.mixcloud.com/danieloliver72/march-2014/

Re: The General Footy Thread

Big Fella wrote:
Unbroken1 wrote:
Beijing Dave wrote:

Unbroken, it was you who ran DJ Boba aka One Tribal Andy aka Junior Felix aka Chutney O'Gaylord aka Sankeys Fighter aka Dave Vincent's Fluffer aka Beardsley MOB off the board wasn't it?

..he removed himself after finding Sinead's PM's to me admitting that she found our board dialogue 'highly arousing'


I also think Edward's BelcherGate was the final straw.

Fairly sure I'm not the Edward you mention here BF?

Re: The General Footy Thread

Interesting read

http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_307134/conten … d=7C6Hfsyx

Re: The General Footy Thread

smallman1 wrote:
Big Fella wrote:
Unbroken1 wrote:

..he removed himself after finding Sinead's PM's to me admitting that she found our board dialogue 'highly arousing'


I also think Edward's BelcherGate was the final straw.

Fairly sure I'm not the Edward you mention here BF?


You slagging JFs gold chain wasn't you?

Re: The General Footy Thread

Big Fella wrote:
smallman1 wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

I also think Edward's BelcherGate was the final straw.

Fairly sure I'm not the Edward you mention here BF?


You slagging JFs gold chain wasn't you?

Didn't know what BelcherGate meant so thought it was someone else.

Jesus H Christ I'll never forget that photo, remember him looking like Manchester's answer to Michael Carroll.

Re: The General Footy Thread

If I might be so bold - let me suggest there is a two-fold flipside to all the hysterical bullshit surrounding Moyes' first season at Old Trafford;

1: it clearly demonstrates how badly Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool underperformed last season
- City and Chelsea changed their bosses going into 2013/14
- City shipped out loads of players and bought big
- Chelsea shipped out even more, brought in a few but arguably on two 'star names'
- Arsenal shipped out shit-loads and only brought in four, again arguably on two 'star names'
- Liverpool let eight go and brought in nine
- Man Utd were almost stagnant - two in three out
- Chelsea now have 60 points after 27 games compared to 49 last year
- Arsenal have 12 more points this season after 27 games (was 47, is 59)
- City have improved from 56 points after 27 games to 57
- Liverpool currently have 56 but at this point last season had 39
- Man United had 68, they now have 45
- Man United aren't performing noticeably worse than Chelsea or Arsenal were last year and considerably better than Liverpool were

2: it considerably tarnishes SAF's reputation and legacy
- a kind of 'perfect football storm' basically meant SAF got lucky in 2012/13
- City/Mancini sat back somewhat after winning the previous season
- Chelsea/Benitez were a bit of a joke
- Arsenal hadn't done any business AND had loads of injuries
- Rodgers was trying to get his feet under the table and making himself look an arse for American documentaries
- SAF knew from a long way out when he was going and simply left behind a squad of players that are a toxic combination of too old and simply not fucking good enough

All in all, (were I a Man Utd fan) I'd be in favour of sticking with Moyes. City stuck with Mancini and it paid off.  Liverpool stuck with Rodgers and they're improving.  Gives Moyes a full summer to ship out those who SAF should've shipped out ages ago and some money to bring a few in like City/Chelsea did last summer and then see what happens in 2014/15.

Last edited by smashdad (Wednesday Feb 2014 08:23:54)

Re: The General Footy Thread

MattBlack wrote:

I thought Leon (Spinnerlg) was a Liverpool fan


Where did you get that impression? hmm

Re: The General Footy Thread

Presto wrote:
MattBlack wrote:

I thought Leon (Spinnerlg) was a Liverpool fan


Where did you get that impression? hmm

I must have been thinking of someone else

Re: The General Footy Thread

MattBlack wrote:
Presto wrote:
MattBlack wrote:

I thought Leon (Spinnerlg) was a Liverpool fan


Where did you get that impression? hmm

I must have been thinking of someone else


Bloody hell Matt, you really have lost touch these last couple of days man! wink

Beef Jerky Time!

Re: The General Footy Thread

smashdad wrote:

If I might be so bold

All points well made, but he just 'looks' out of his depth, his expression and body language tell you everything.

Plus, I don't think Fergie was lucky, I think he was just very good at what he did.

Rooney and Van Persie... not a bad pair to build a team around this summer, especially with the cash he will have, assuming they are both there.

Re: The General Footy Thread

smashdad wrote:

SAF knew from a long way out when he was going and simply left behind a squad of players that are a toxic combination of too old and simply not fucking good enough

He couldn't be bothered to build another squad? You can legitimately accuse Ferguson of many things but not laziness.

Re: The General Footy Thread

Mr Boring wrote:
smashdad wrote:

SAF knew from a long way out when he was going and simply left behind a squad of players that are a toxic combination of too old and simply not fucking good enough

He couldn't be bothered to build another squad? You can legitimately accuse Ferguson of many things but not laziness.

I'm not accusing SAF of laziness - I'm accusing him of leaving behind a squad of players with the toxic combination of being too old and not fucking good enough.

Re: The General Footy Thread

smashdad wrote:
Mr Boring wrote:
smashdad wrote:

SAF knew from a long way out when he was going and simply left behind a squad of players that are a toxic combination of too old and simply not fucking good enough

He couldn't be bothered to build another squad? You can legitimately accuse Ferguson of many things but not laziness.

I'm not accusing SAF of laziness - I'm accusing him of leaving behind a squad of players with the toxic combination of being too old and not fucking good enough.

You implied Fergie left the squad in such a state because he knew when he was leaving the job. So if it wasn't laziness, was it sabotage?

Re: The General Footy Thread

SAF is a cunt

a great manager but still a cunt

kibble, kibble, who's got the kibble

latest mix (edit): https://soundcloud.com/shaunstrudwick/b … -never-mix
latest mix (full): http://mixswap.betfailproject.com/m/Bet … er-Mix.mp3

Re: The General Footy Thread

Mr Boring wrote:
smashdad wrote:
Mr Boring wrote:

He couldn't be bothered to build another squad? You can legitimately accuse Ferguson of many things but not laziness.

I'm not accusing SAF of laziness - I'm accusing him of leaving behind a squad of players with the toxic combination of being too old and not fucking good enough.

You implied Fergie left the squad in such a state because he knew when he was leaving the job. So if it wasn't laziness, was it sabotage?

Don't be daft...

I stated two facts (as I see them);
- SAF knew from a long way out he was going
- he left a squad behind that was blah, blah blah...

No implications intended - just two very firm opinions asserted.

Add to that there's every chance the Old Trafford board wouldn't sanction the necessary squad overhaul with a manager that they must have had a damn good inkling, if not actually knew, was in his last season - don't expect me to accept for one second that David Gill et al didn't know SAF's plans from a pretty much the day SAF did.

Last edited by smashdad (Wednesday Feb 2014 15:02:44)

Re: The General Footy Thread

Amps wrote:
smashdad wrote:

If I might be so bold

All points well made, but he just 'looks' out of his depth, his expression and body language tell you everything.

Plus, I don't think Fergie was lucky, I think he was just very good at what he did.

Rooney and Van Persie... not a bad pair to build a team around this summer, especially with the cash he will have, assuming they are both there.

Moyes doesn't look 'out of his depth' to me - the squad he's inherited is doing a damn good impersonation of being out of its depth but Moyes seems to be coping manfully to me.  Maybe if he started spouting some of the utterly ludicrous bollocks that Mourihno does then maybe you'd have a point - but whilst Mourinho is lauded and revered in the media for regularly spouting complete bollocks, Moyes just gets on with doing what he has to do - i.e. defend his players publically whilst knowing he's been left a squad that needs a huge amount of turning around.

I say again - Man Utd are far better off at this stage of this season than Liverpool were last season.  With the one significant difference that 'taking over from SAF' was a media shitstorm always waiting to happen whilst the 2012/2013 expectations around Brendan Rodgers were far more realistic.

Re: The General Footy Thread

Ferguson cited the death of his sister in law as the reason for his retirement, not the huge conspiracy alluded to. Oh and him being 71 might have given some clues.

Moyes has a team of premier champions plus the addition of Zaha, Felliani, Mata and januzaj yet cannot seem to motivate them to beat a pub team. There is an obvious fair point that the players should be standing up and counting for themselves but something is not right.

This deal with Rooney cannot be helping matters, 300k per week plus a rumoured involvement/consultation about future transfers is ludicrous, especially for a player who SAF wanted to ship out barely six months ago.

Wayne Rooney is the highest paid footballer on the planet but he wouldn't even get into the top ten of the best footballer playing at the moment.

If you want to make comparisons, have a look at Pelligrini, doesn't seem to be doing so badly despite him hardly being able to speak der lingo.

Re: The General Footy Thread

My first five paragrapher lol.

Re: The General Footy Thread

Was SAF knobbing his sister-in-law?

Prog God

Re: The General Footy Thread

Nice to be the only English side not 2-0 down in the champs league.

Re: The General Footy Thread

The world's your oyster Ed, you might even get to play a top team at some point.

"You fucking tit" - La Nausee

Flaresy - Uneasy Listening Vol.1

Re: The General Footy Thread

smashdad wrote:

I say again - Man Utd are far better off at this stage of this season than Liverpool were last season.  With the one significant difference that 'taking over from SAF' was a media shitstorm always waiting to happen whilst the 2012/2013 expectations around Brendan Rodgers were far more realistic.

2 wins better off

we had 39 points at end of Feb last season

kibble, kibble, who's got the kibble

latest mix (edit): https://soundcloud.com/shaunstrudwick/b … -never-mix
latest mix (full): http://mixswap.betfailproject.com/m/Bet … er-Mix.mp3

Re: The General Footy Thread

flares_and_an_anorak wrote:

The world's your oyster Ed, you might even get to play a top team at some point.

Yep.

Looking forward to the quarters.

Re: The General Footy Thread

shaunstrudwick wrote:
smashdad wrote:

I say again - Man Utd are far better off at this stage of this season than Liverpool were last season.  With the one significant difference that 'taking over from SAF' was a media shitstorm always waiting to happen whilst the 2012/2013 expectations around Brendan Rodgers were far more realistic.

2 wins better off

we had 39 points at end of Feb last season

I know - I said that...

They're also still in the Champions League - albeit somewhat precariously.  Liverpool weren't...