Topic: Ryan Gibson - Choice (The Smiths, Stevie Wonder, The Human League etc)

https://soundcloud.com/ryangibson/choic … ths-stevie

This is no doubt the most personal and diverse 90 mins of what inspires me to love music.

I’ve tried extremely hard not to include any progressive, deep or tech house that I typically feature on my regular podcasts or may have played out over the past 10+ years. Instead, I’ve chosen music that I feel would be included in my own ‘Choice’ album. For those of you that are unaware of this compilation series, it’s basically a collection of tracks and/or artists your parents may have played when you were growing up, drives your passion for music, built the foundations for what you enjoy today, your regular guilty pleasures or most importantly, just absolutely love listening to over and over again!

Inevitably, working with such a wide range of genres, made it extremely difficult to ensure that the 90 mins flowed as seamlessly as possible. Therefore, it’s taken a huge amount of time to hunt down some brilliant remixes/edits via social media, searching through my own existing music collection, ripping vinyl to digital format, carrying out some exclusive re-edits of my own, including a couple cool sound bites and adding a few of what I feel are great extracts from interviews with famous musicians.

Mixed entirely on Pioneer CDJs and a Pioneer DJM mixer. Featuring tracks by: The Smiths, Carly Simon, Stevie Wonder, The Human League, Chaka Khan, Led Zeppelin, The Jackson 5, James Brown, Kool & The Gang, Chic, The Stone Roses, Cult Jam and The Jackson Sisters.

Please feel free to add and send me a message via SoundCloud for a full track listing.

Last edited by ryangibson (Tuesday Mar 2014 05:04:31)

Ryan Gibson - Bushido Deep Podcast
iTunes / SoundCloud / Mixcloud / Facebook / Twitter

Re: Ryan Gibson - Choice (The Smiths, Stevie Wonder, The Human League etc)

Enjoyed that mate - some good edits of some classic tunes and very well put together - thanks.

Similar theme to a bunch of mixes I did a while back that you might enjoy...
http://soundcloud.com/smashdad/sets/premeditated/

smashdad wrote:

Enjoyed that mate - some good edits of some classic tunes and very well put together - thanks.

Similar theme to a bunch of mixes I did a while back that you might enjoy...
http://soundcloud.com/smashdad/sets/premeditated/

Thanks! I'll be sure to check out those mixes :-)

That was fun to listen to smile

Lisa Lisa Let the beat hit 'em smile my 7" copy melted in the sunshine on my window sill sad

MJH wrote:

That was fun to listen to smile

Lisa Lisa Let the beat hit 'em smile my 7" copy melted in the sunshine on my window sill sad

Cheers smile