Re: Dixon

Best e-mix i've heard in a long time. 

Cracking tunes from start to finish.

Any other recent ones I should look out for, or are they all gash?
[nevermind, just read the other thread on e-mixes]

Last edited by fletcher (Monday Sep 2013 04:03:24)

Seriously strong mix this.

Yep, I thought this was a good'un - especially the last hour.

big_smile

Awful control   Broken physics   Horrific AI   Weak voice work   Poor textures.

And that's just Wally on the pull.

seanc80 wrote:

Nightclubs in general are absolutely full of insufferable bastards anyway. Ibiza Waterford or London, the whopper count is through the roof.

So true...Waterford suffers from having a small scene and therefore the crowd can be really mixed....I'd say it's rougher today than 10 years ago but nights out are still decent.

Whilst the flow on this mix is superb the fucking thing is clipping throughout.

Don't tell it's meant to sound like that.

2nd hour is great which I'm pleased about because the 1st hour didn't do it for me at all. Was starting to wonder what the fuck everyone was going on about.

first hour is weak and doesnt get better with listens.
Pete Tong wanking himself off and describing him as a genius? Laughable. It takes more than a bit of laptop mixing to be a genius. There were no genius moments in this mix or any other mix ive heard of his. Plus he's a miserable cunt.

Part of the problem

Dermo wrote:

Pete Tong wanking himself off and describing him as a genius? Laughable. It takes more than a bit of laptop mixing to be a genius. There were no genius moments in this mix or any other mix ive heard of his. Plus he's a miserable cunt.

Dont know if he's a genius or not and he def is a miserable cnut but i cant remember the last time i enjoyed an e-mix this much... In my top 3 mixes of the year

Dermo wrote:

Have to agree with Dermo, after the way everyone has been raving I expected this to be amazing, was actually pretty dull apart from one or two decent moments

That's just life for everyone over 30 Matt.

Look Matt if I say its brilliant...well then its brilliant.

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

starcreeper wrote:

lol

Waterford is a fuckin hole. The cranks that run the nights are wankers who think theyre running Amnesia, they have some of the worst clientele you could possibly imagine and youll need a helmet on at chucking out time to discourage would-be thugs from breaking your face.

Fortunately, my family resides on the coast which is spectacular and safe from the jungle of downtown.

Id advise Mano and Herr Dixon to take the cash and run.

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2013/1 … rford-lad/

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Much preferred Dixon when he rocked a ponytail and a poncho. Played better music then too.

Now he's all top button done up with a Joey Essex side-sweep.

People are either hard to please or fucking miserable and dull.

Superb mix.  2 hours of excellent music, well put together.  What more do you want FFS.

What times Dixon on?

Prog God

finally got round to listening to this....fantastic mix, loved it.

but is it just me, or is it remarkably similar to vintage sasha (circa 2001 or so)?

seems like a total dick. watched a bit of that interview seanc posted in the mixes forum. that'll teach me... personality to match the music he plays.

I bet you have a shirt like Dixon's.

Keep it FLAC. Say NO to variable bit rates.

He played down at the Greenwood here last night. From a musical aspect I nearly went, then I reminded myself what a complete fucking arrogant, obnoxious twat he is. Along with the fact the Martinez brothers (the worst transitions ever imo) were supporting him, I decided to give it a huge swerve.
The only thing that nearly took me there was the thought of how much it would piss him off if I stood right infront of him shazzaming the fuck out of every track.

Last edited by Dermo (Saturday Apr 2014 01:00:57)

Part of the problem

I watched that Vimeo clip to the bit where he was going on about his job, felt really sorry for him to be honest.
Travelling the world playing tunes must be a real bind, he hardly has any time for his family, poor soul.

I'm not sure what he's thinking in this picture but its definitely one of the two

A- Mmmmmm smell that.

B - Mmmmmm listen to that superior music.

http://playdublinradio.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/dj-01-dixon-innervisions.jpg

Part of the problem

zackster wrote:

seems like a total dick. watched a bit of that interview seanc posted in the mixes forum. that'll teach me... personality to match the music he plays.

Word

------------
I am STILL a child of the 80s mix: https://soundcloud.com/themills23/i-am- … of-the-80s

this love wrote:

finally got round to listening to this....fantastic mix, loved it.

but is it just me, or is it remarkably similar to vintage sasha (circa 2001 or so)?

Yeah I know what you mean, seems that Dixon et al are now playing what is in essence "prog".  Funny how things turn out init.

nice mix though, liking that Ten Walls track.

zackster wrote:

seems like a total dick.

+1,017,650 by the looks of things

Lol at everybody coming around to my way of thinking about dreary Dixon.