Re: F1 - 2014 Season

Hamilton's done 23 laps on this set of tyres now - crikey...

Switch over to the tennis. Djokovic will win but Federer is playing some cracking shots.

Mr Boring wrote:

Switch over to the tennis. Djokovic will win but Federer is playing some cracking shots.

Got it on the laptop mate - Dorises might claim they've got the multitasking thing down pat but they ain't got nothing on me...

Last edited by smashdad (Sunday Jul 2014 06:48:13)

smashdad wrote:
Mr Boring wrote:

Got it on the laptop mate - Dorises might claim they've got the multitasking thing down pat but they ain't got nothing on me...

Likewise, tennis on tv and F1 muted on the laptop.

What went wrong with Hamilton's pitstop?

Rosberg stuck in 5th gear?

Christ, that's excitement right there...

This whole pretending to be excited over a squabble for 5th place whilst Hamilton is 50 odd seconds ahead of second place is tedious - may well be time to switch to ITV and watch France's premier sporting event currently taking place in England...

The cruisiest win Hamilton probably will ever have.

Djokovic is going to walk away with it now.

Federer's wife is looking decidedly average these days.

I'm warming to the idea we should transfer this thread to tennis talk. F1 is gash. Driving around and round in circles for two hours - it's like dodgems for the middles classes.

Federer to stage an efficient and slightly vanilla Swiss comeback.

Flares - the ultimate Jonah.

This will be over in 10 minutes now that you've got involved.

Does that make you the whale then Boring?

In fact I'm being proved right in this instance. Federer absolutely bossing it since I called the comeback - 5 games in a row. Well in.

Sue Barker's pants will be dripping wet if Federer wins this.

About time. They've been bone dry since Henman retired.

Also nice to see Becker sharting on Edberg all over again now they're both coaches. German domination again. Schweinhund!

Edberg is a Leeds United fan.

Henry Rindhoops wrote:

It's not exactly a great advert for the British work ethic when you get a bit of debris on the track and it takes 1 hour to clean it up. It's worse than Denmark.

I'm going to be a bit boring now, but that was a textbook response. Medical car was there in seconds (which is why it starts at the back of the grid), immediate safety car with rapid upgrade to red flag.

If the lower level of armco is gone (as it was there) and another car ploughs into it, the car could end up going through the lower piece, with the upper level still in place which would then decapitate the driver. I think there has been an accident like that in the 70s

Chilton was fucking lucky if the wheel hit his helmet. Echoes of henry Surtees there.

I've worked at silverstone for 3 years, and they are some of the best marshalls there are in the business.

I've only worked at 1 Grand Prix and 1 motoGP race, but the organisation is tight as you like.

very unusual place to have such a big shunt.

At least the tyres stayed inflated this year.

Bit of a LOL at vettel and alonso running to teacher at every turn.

Loop Music Mix Show

http://www.loop-music.co.uk

I'm feeling to grab a nice Rioja and hook up a classic Connors/McEnroe duel from the golden years.

Taste it.

Ben Wand wrote:

I'm warming to the idea we should transfer this thread to tennis talk.

A tennis thread would be fine if people realised there are other tournaments besides Wimbledon.

Mr Boring wrote:

Sue Barker's pants will be dripping wet if Federer wins this.

LOL