Topic: Warehouse Project Closing Times

Heading over to this in December but dont know if I can handle it if it goes on til 7/8 in the morning.

What time does it normally close at ?

Re: Warehouse Project Closing Times

4:30/ 5

Wont be many, if any on until 7

Republik of Saddleworth

Cool, thanks.

Queer

What difference does the closing time make if you cannot handle a full evenings merriment?

You hitting any one of these BF? Fully expect a no due to retirement but.....

Republik of Saddleworth

No mate, went to the original Boddingtons and a couple of times to the one under Piccadillly and was pretty underwhelmed, so its a no from me.

7/8 am finishes are much better, just chill out in the club for the last two hours if you need to then get on the first train back home in the morning.

BedRob voted out. He isn't a racist. But he IS a thicket.

my mate went last year to see Sasha (I pulled out at the last minute) and the report back was pretty pitiful...loads of scally mancs in the middle of an industrial wasteland...couldn't think of anything worse for a white rose munky!!!!

Big Fella wrote:

No mate, went to the original Boddingtons and a couple of times to the one under Piccadillly and was pretty underwhelmed, so its a no from me.

I went to the first Boddys one. It was fucking terrible. The worst sound I've ever heard at any event probably compounded the misery. I think the highlight of the night was getting to see one of the native girls taking a dump in the urinal. Actually, on second thoughts it was probably money well spent.

Once you go FLAC. You never go back.

it was always nice to see piss leaking out of those cubicals at the end of the night... as a sewer of filth leaked onto the streets...

I went to see Sasha and James Zabiela when it was under Manchester Piccadilly.

Had a great night.

What a horrifically dull post.

Big Fella wrote:

What difference does the closing time make if you cannot handle a full evenings merriment?

I peak too early

Had hit and miss nights at all venues the WHP has been held at. Store street is the best venue for the sound and space so I am very much looking forward to going to the Chemical Brothers (they smashed it last time and I expect nothing less this time) and Hawtin's Enter night.

The last venue was a bit of a faff to get around but I must say at the front in that main room was pretty amazing.

I'm heading over for the Jamie XX & Jon Hopkins night on the 12th December. Would much rather go to the Innervisions show the following night but it's not my mates cup of tea.

Don't think I can handle Jamie XX though. Are there other DJs on in other rooms or is it just one big venue ?

Pricer wrote:

I'm heading over for the Jamie XX & Jon Hopkins night on the 12th December. Would much rather go to the Innervisions show the following night but it's not my mates cup of tea.

Don't think I can handle Jamie XX though. Are there other DJs on in other rooms or is it just one big venue ?

I think the Stores Street venue has other rooms but they are a bit shit.

Pricer wrote:

John Talabot's playing.

He might drop this -

That Talabot track is really nice.

The line up looks pretty good overall.

JON HOPKINS
LIVEJAMIE XX
MODESELEKTOR
DJ SET JOHN TALABOT
LEON VYNEHALL
PANGAEA
TASKER
&JON RUST
MATTIS
GREG LORD
NOW WAVE DJS

I don't know much about Pangaea, Leon Vynehall or Jamie XX. Watched JamieXX's Boiler Room set this morning and wasn't impressed at all - too urban.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV-nNEXgsOk

Pricer wrote:

That Talabot track is really nice.

The line up looks pretty good overall.

JON HOPKINS
LIVEJAMIE XX
MODESELEKTOR
DJ SET JOHN TALABOT
LEON VYNEHALL
PANGAEA
TASKER
&JON RUST
MATTIS
GREG LORD
NOW WAVE DJS

I don't know much about Pangaea, Leon Vynehall or Jamie XX. Watched JamieXX's Boiler Room set this morning and wasn't impressed at all - too urban.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV-nNEXgsOk

Not my up of tea that

Republik of Saddleworth

Will be full of chicks though

Jamie XX is great, saw him at Field Day and he was ace.

Leon Vynehall is well worth checking out too, all hustle and bustle house with a jagged edge to it.

If you've got Spotify then fairly sure this is on there -

http://www.residentadvisor.net/review-v … x?id=14522

All a bit boring if you ask me. Saw Jamie XX before moderat at store street a few years back. Bored me to tears.

Fashionable music for your Zane Lowe listening melters

Republik of Saddleworth

Going to the Chems/ Weatherall night and Innervisons one too.

Republik of Saddleworth

smallman1 wrote:

Jamie XX is great, saw him at Field Day and he was ace.

Leon Vynehall is well worth checking out too, all hustle and bustle house with a jagged edge to it.

If you've got Spotify then fairly sure this is on there -

http://www.residentadvisor.net/review-v … x?id=14522

Cool, thanks Smalls. I've been fretting about it a bit as it's going to cost a packet (flying over from Ireland).

Pretty much every gig I go to these days is prog / tech house, so perhaps something different is what I need.

Looks like it maybe going back to Store st

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ … ck-7526677