Re: What Dj's would you like to hear on Transitions

DJ Tennis, Tales of Us,Dominik Eulberg and Roland M Dill would be great.

The future ain't what it used to be.

Agreed Dj Tennis and Tales of Us are wicked,there sets tend to start deep and dark and get banging ...would compliment Digweed night.

gemmadigsweed wrote:

Agreed Dj Tennis and Tales of Us are wicked,there sets tend to start deep and dark and get banging ...would compliment Digweed night.

Indeed Gemma. Digweed seems to be playing slightly more accesible lately though, Tales of Us play pretty dark and instrumental, almost dreamy with a hard edge.

Check out their Groove magazine podcast, it's great..

Beats'N'Pieces wrote:
gemmadigsweed wrote:

Indeed Gemma. Digweed seems to be playing slightly more accesible lately though, Tales of Us play pretty dark and instrumental, almost dreamy with a hard edge.

Check out their Groove magazine podcast, it's great..

Saw them play live in italy a few month ago and there live set goes into some heavy Techno  ...I think along side Digweed it would be one banging night of music......

gerardo boscarino...always great mixes on frisky

http://www.mikelpikabea.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/marzenit_mikelpikabea003.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ckXS5JeEhM

Nuff said

Dj DogManStar888.  A-sap.

Not Chris, not Matt, not Ian, not Chunky and not Flares.

Miss melera

Jordan Peak

Craig Bratley
Ewan Pearson
Rebolledo / Pachanga Boys
Red Axes
Ivan Smagghe
Nhar
Switch(st)dance
Matt walsh
Job Jobse

I'd love to see Digweed use his platform to 'transition' the profile of any one of the umpteen DJs who post quality mix after quality mix on the pages of his own Forum - there's got to be at least half a dozen, maybe eight, fellas who regularly post links on the mixes Forum that are at least the equal of anything the 'big names' offer up - musically and technically there's a whole lot going on here right under Digweed's nose, might be nice if he recognised that...

*edit*
... and I seem to remember someone else previously suggesting it might even drive some much needed new traffic towards the Forum... tongue

Last edited by smashdad (Saturday Jan 2015 15:12:15)

JOHN.

Simply got to see Roland M Dill on the show, his style is fantastic and mixes online few and far between - he's my choice though.

Why not a contest, or anything similar, that he can advertise and post about on social networks. The winner gets a guest spot on the show and the Board some needed attention.

Hiroshi Watanabe
Todd Terje

Would be great to see a board dj or 2 serve up a mix.

Bucketloads of takent on here

Abdulla Rashim

erik.b wrote:

Would be great to see a board dj or 2 serve up a mix.

Bucketloads of takent on here

Agreed Erik.... a few are way better than many of the DJs on the Transitions show

Transitions show cases the latest talent 'within' the industry. Its not a platform for some Mickey Mouse message board bedroom DJ.

Produce a few tracks. Get a residency in a power club for a few years ,own a label, do something the world wants to hear. I don't want to hear on Transitions a bloke who spends his hours selling hardware or sat on here all day.

Id like to hear my boy Issac, Midland or Mano La Tough. You know, proper talent, Anyone can knock a mix up nowadays.

Doing something different is what matters.

Sancho Panda wrote:

Transitions show cases the latest talent 'within' the industry. Its not a platform for some Mickey Mouse message board bedroom DJ.

Produce a few tracks. Get a residency in a power club for a few years ,own a label, do something the world wants to hear. I don't want to hear on Transitions a bloke who spends his hours selling hardware or sat on here all day.

Id like to hear my boy Issac, Midland or Mano La Tough. You know, proper talent, Anyone can knock a mix up nowadays.

Doing something different is what matters.

Sort of agree, but a transitions show could constitute a 'break' for new talent. It would certainly look good on your djing cv and could provide the platform for something bigger. A lot of djs get their break from competitions etc, so there is a an established logic here.

------------
Come aboard my spaceship https://soundcloud.com/themills23/come- … -spaceship

Why should it? Transitions isn't about Bedrock or new talent on a message board for 30 people. Very short sighted of a few hopefuls on here.

Transitions goes out to millions in 40 odd countries. Do you think people in Mexico care about what's going on on a message board for a handful of people?

The simple answer is no. And to be honest I don't want to either.

Last edited by Sancho Panda (Sunday Jan 2015 04:45:56)

Sancho Panda wrote:

Transitions goes out to millions in 40 odd countries. The people on here are from about 3.

Do you think people in Mexico care about what's going on on a message board for about 20 people?

The simple answer is no. And to be honest I don't want to either.

Not sure where you're going with that.

But if you happen to hear a mix by a dj on Transitions. Loved it. Then later find out it was a dj who post's on the board and...may or may not be established yet. Why would it even matter then? I never thought the dj choices we're solely based on established/producer/label owner/etc titles. You're just a typical buffoon who is already passing judgement of a dj based on some biased opinions.

Wish I was old and a little sentimental.

Try Muzik mag 20 years ago. Transitions showcases industry talent.

"Ok that was Gary from Kidderminster. He stacks shelves in Aldi" and next week Mano Le Tough.

furry wrote:

I never thought the dj choices we're solely based on established/producer/label owner/etc titles.

Well you are obviously missing the whole point of being a guest on Transitions then because that's the criteria.

If you want to make it that cut and dry....John will of course pick them the way John want's to. Every bit fair to him. But don't undermine the talents of dj's here.

Wish I was old and a little sentimental.

Transitions showcases contest winners every now and then. And they are definitely new.

It would be about the forum, really, for the exact reason that it has a population of 25 (other "not relevant" and I don't even count).