Re: Anyone disputed Soundcloud copyright take down

Why not just have a free Soundcloud account, put your mix on there first and then archive them on Hearthis

MattBlack wrote:

Why not just have a free Soundcloud account, put your mix on there first and then archive them on Hearthis

This is what I am doing

so is it only 'premium' members that are getting asked to take stuff down?

check out my hearthis.at page

i'm too old for this shit

shaunstrudwick wrote:
MattBlack wrote:

This is what I am doing

so is it only 'premium' members that are getting asked to take stuff down?

No, but if youre not paying for it it doesnt matter if they take it down so much, or have a back up soundcloud account (free one) and if the mix doesnt get taken down from there then put it on your main one

Bacchus actually pointed this out to me a while ago, but apparently Soundcunt only scans the first 30 seconds or so of each upload to check for copyright violations. He started adding some spoken word or random intro blurb before starting the mix and hasn't had a problem since.

Do it.

deathbysmurf wrote:

Bacchus actually pointed this out to me a while ago, but apparently Soundcunt only scans the first 30 seconds or so of each upload to check for copyright violations. He started adding some spoken word or random intro blurb before starting the mix and hasn't had a problem since.

Except that theory falls on its ass when the track that's been pulled down in question is 30 minutes into the mix....

loopdokter wrote:

Except that theory falls on its ass when the track that's been pulled down in question is 30 minutes into the mix....

When did that start happening?

smashdad wrote:
loopdokter wrote:

I have a mix that has been pulled that has a track about 4 tracks in or something like that. 

Further to that, I've tried uploading my 5 hour long marathon from a while back and it wouldn't allow it because of a track well into the mix.  I think their algorithm has become a lot more 'complex' and if it's anything like modern audio-based algorithms, it 'learns' as it gets more mature.

Last edited by loopdokter (Friday Aug 2014 08:01:03)

loopdokter wrote:
smashdad wrote:
loopdokter wrote:

I have a mix that has been pulled that has a track about 4 tracks in or something like that. 

Further to that, I've tried uploading my 5 hour long marathon from a while back and it wouldn't allow it because of a track well into the mix.  I think their algorithm has become a lot more 'complex' and if it's anything like modern audio-based algorithms, it 'learns' as it gets more mature.

But does it identify it as the right track or does its still think its some shite EDAM tune which sounds nothing like it

EDAM?

Blimey Matt has done it again. Lol

loopdokter wrote:

MattBlack wrote:

But does it identify it as the right track or does its still think its some shite EDM tune which sounds nothing like it

In both cases it's had the correct track. hmm

loopdokter wrote:
loopdokter wrote:

MattBlack wrote:

But does it identify it as the right track or does its still think its some shite EDM tune which sounds nothing like it

In both cases it's had the correct track. hmm

Blimey.  Ok. 

Mate, can you remember specifically which tracks their software objected to?  Be curious to see if there's some sort of (parent) label commonality...