Re: dj pay packets

Who?

FREE DOWNLOAD - Silinder - Venus (Erik Bruce remix)

http://soundcloud.com/erik-b/silinder-v … ruce-remix

Re: dj pay packets

MattBlack wrote:
Uncle Bazza wrote:

we got stoneface & terminal. buzzin bazza !!!

Sounds like a Dubstep collective

Or transformers

Re: dj pay packets

steelydan wrote:
MattBlack wrote:
Uncle Bazza wrote:

we got stoneface & terminal. buzzin bazza !!!

Sounds like a Dubstep collective

Or transformers

or patient nicknames in a hospice.

Re: dj pay packets

steelydan wrote:
MattBlack wrote:
Uncle Bazza wrote:

we got stoneface & terminal. buzzin bazza !!!

Sounds like a Dubstep collective

Or transformers

Haha B2B with Optimus Prime

Someone's just shit in my cornflakes

Re: dj pay packets

erik.b wrote:

Who?

This. Although I'm an old git.

Beef Jerky Time!

Re: dj pay packets

jamie wrote:
steelydan wrote:
MattBlack wrote:

Sounds like a Dubstep collective

Or transformers

or patient nicknames in a hospice.

Or nicknames for lifers

Re: dj pay packets

Uncle Bazza wrote:

we got stoneface & terminal. buzzin bazza !!!


Fuck what you got up to at the weekend, what DJs did you book?

Re: dj pay packets

Pretty sure you missed out 'David August - You Cunt'  from that list

Re: dj pay packets

nitron wrote:

Pretty sure you missed out 'David August - You Cunt'  from that list

it's not been released yet.

Re: dj pay packets

I thought hostility towards other members and the word c*nt had been banned and anyone found doing either would be banned also?

Last edited by Mogsy (Wednesday Aug 2014 05:32:11)

Re: dj pay packets

maybe take your altercation to PM?

Re: dj pay packets

Stoneface and Terminal are trance Dj's.

Paul Van Dyk favours them at some of his 'shows.'

Re: dj pay packets

smallman1 wrote:

Stoneface and Terminal are trance Dj's.

Paul Van Dyk favours them at some of his 'shows.'


Ok

FREE DOWNLOAD - Silinder - Venus (Erik Bruce remix)

http://soundcloud.com/erik-b/silinder-v … ruce-remix

Re: dj pay packets

Have a word with yourselves Nitron and DMS for fuck's sake.

Re: dj pay packets

dogmanstar888 wrote:
Grant wrote:

Have a word with yourselves Nitron and DMS for fuck's sake.


I did just that. Here's how it went:

Me:  I've been asked to have a word with you by board elder 'Grant'.
Me: What about?
Me: No idea.
Me: Was it about being called a 'clown' or being insulted for expressing an opinion about the relative difficulty of production versus DJ'ing?
Me: Probably.  When things get cliquey, you'll get this kinda rubbish on a messageboard.
Me: Ok, so what words would you like to share?
Me: Oh just "well done" and "keep it up".

Sorry it didn't work out the way you wanted.

You need another one, that was dreadful.

Re: dj pay packets

I'm getting confused again.More Aliases.

Someone's just shit in my cornflakes

Re: dj pay packets

i'd hate to side with flares on anything, but it seems to me that it's a lot easier to be a competent dj than a competent producer.  especially with the advent of digital dj'ing.

Re: dj pay packets

303 abuser wrote:

i'd hate to side with flares on anything, but it seems to me that it's a lot easier to be a competent dj than a competent producer.  especially with the advent of digital dj'ing.

Yup

FREE DOWNLOAD - Silinder - Venus (Erik Bruce remix)

http://soundcloud.com/erik-b/silinder-v … ruce-remix

Re: dj pay packets

Surely it is much easier to be a producer with products such as Ableton, Cubase etc than in George Martin's day.

Re: dj pay packets

Big Fella wrote:

Surely it is much easier to be a producer with products such as Ableton, Cubase etc than in George Martin's day.

i'd say so.  but as someone who's spent about 6 months learning ableton, i feel like i'm just touching the surface of the skill set needed to create anything that approaches listenable.  i'm pretty sure i could teach my wife to mix on a serato controller in less than a week and sound as good as your average jock.

Re: dj pay packets

So DMS is Flares?

God bless.

Re: dj pay packets

Wonder how much time and cost that young lad Garrix spent on his monster hit Animals?

Re: dj pay packets

dogmanstar888 wrote:
Big Fella wrote:

Surely it is much easier to be a producer with products such as Ableton, Cubase etc than in George Martin's day.

It's definitely a lot easier to build a studio capable of producing professional sounding dance tracks now.  That said, it's still extremely difficult to produce genuinely good ones, but's comparatively easy to be a competent DJ, find and download some good ones and put a set together that will rock a good crowd for a well produced and promoted party.

Not sure if Grant or Smashdad will allow that opinion to be expressed though.

It was your rudeness I picked up on, I think there are merits to both.

Re: dj pay packets

Big Fella wrote:

Wonder how much time and cost that young lad Garrix spent on his monster hit Animals?

how much does a ghost writer charge?

FREE DOWNLOAD - Silinder - Venus (Erik Bruce remix)

http://soundcloud.com/erik-b/silinder-v … ruce-remix

Re: dj pay packets

dogmanstar888 wrote:
Grant wrote:

It was your rudeness I picked up on, I think there are merits to both.

If people are rude to me I'll be rude back, but with more style.

And for the record - this is not flares.  You might find this hard to accept, but there is actually more than one person out there who'll stand up when attacked for expressing an opinion ...

Be rude back and more offensive is what you mean, it certainly wasn't with more style.

It's a compliment to be compared to Flares on this board.