Re: Golf

Think the general consensus on Norn Iron is mahoosive swerve.

smallman1 wrote:

Yant,

Do you own a pair of Porsche golf shoes?

Full on Rickie Fowler orange all the way, Ed. I don't look like a cunt at all, nooo.

Garcia's had a howler - was his to lose and damn did he do a fine job...

Last edited by smashdad (Sunday Aug 2014 15:56:12)

smashdad wrote:

Keeps missing his chances doesn't he.

Interesting to see how bad Tigers injury is.  Not sure he's ever going to get back to being the best player in the world as his body just doesn't look like it can take the punishment.  Slow down, lad.  Stop trying to blast every single ball you hit.  You really don't need to.

A lot of the current breed of tour player won't have the career longevity that players like Nicklaus and Watson have had.  These players kept themselves in shape but never pushed their bodies like the players do these days.  A tour players career is a much shorter one now.

I think Nicklaus' record is going to be safe.

Last edited by Yant (Monday Aug 2014 02:00:40)

Yant wrote:
smashdad wrote:

Keeps missing his chances doesn't he.

Interesting to see how bad Tigers injury is.  Not sure he's ever going to get back to being the best player in the world as his body just doesn't look like it can take the punishment.  Slow down, lad.  Stop trying to blast every single ball you hit.  You really don't need to.

A lot of the current breed of tour player won't have the career longevity that players like Nicklaus and Watson have had.  These players kept themselves in shape but never pushed their bodies like the players do these days.  A tour players career is a much shorter one now.

I think Nicklaus' record is going to be safe.

I'd love to see Woods beat Nicklaus' record eventually - I think he's the only one who ever could.  But you're right - he needs to slow down a bit in order to give himself the chance.  Even if he took 10% out of his swing to protect his body he'd still be knocking it miles.  What is it now though since his last major win - five, six years?  Important period coming up for him next 12 months or so - if he keeps ducking in and out with injuries then he may have to face up to not overhauling Nicklaus (surely that's the only thing keeping him going?) and jack it in - which would sad.

*pun unintended*

Last edited by smashdad (Monday Aug 2014 07:42:31)

Nicklaus's.

The modern convention is to spell it as you say it but without resulting in phonetics.

Smashy will not like that, he is the apostrophe king.

Can't stand Tiger.

He'd be forgotten about in 6 months too.

What point am I trying to make here? Fcuk knows.

smallman1 wrote:

Fcuk knows.

Fuck knows.

Mr Boring will explain why...

smallman1 wrote:

Can't stand Tiger.

He'd be forgotten about in 6 months too.

What point am I trying to make here? Fcuk knows.

Same here.

Gets an injury just before bing humiliated in a major? Handy.

Always been a bit baffled by the idea that 'golf needs Tiger woods'. The sport has been around for a long time without him, fucking golf courses everywhere, all rammed every weekend etc. I'm sure he's good for the tv money / ratings etc, but the sport it's self doesn't need him.

you say that, Amps, but I would argue that with the age profile of golf being so high, it is in a uniquely vulnerable position as a sport to be a potential victim to what I call the "Jurassic Park Effect".

basically what I'm saying is that one cold winter could halve the population of the golfing world.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Martin Luther King
Legs are very frickin important parts of the woman, thin ankle and tense bop is a must.
MateGreen

Point taken.

Fair weather golfers ain't got not scrote.

Driving for show, putting for dough.

So true.

The "in the hole" crowd are more annoying than ever.

I've no idea who's going to win - hoping for a comedy capitulation from either Mcllroy or Fowler.

Amps, would you have a go on Michelle Wie?

草泥马

Beijing Dave wrote:

Amps, would you have a go on Michelle Wie?

Yes.

Mr Boring.

The name is at least half right.

A boring pedant, lacking in genuine intelligence.

草泥马

Dave, you're coming across as drunk and lonely.

Brilliant third day and this final round is even better. No idea who's goner win. Hope they get round tonight 'cause I'm fucking tired.

Happy fucking days, I've won a fortune.  Had McIlroy at £100 e/w and Mickelson at £50 e/w

Grant wrote:

Happy fucking days, I've won a fortune.  Had McIlroy at £100 e/w and Mickelson at £50 e/w

Superb!  i'll have a pint of black please mate.

I'm shit at betting generally, but win a fair bit in the golf almost every time.

Poulter, Westwood and Gallagher get the nod.