Re: The General Footy Thread

simonr wrote:
Grant wrote:

That Schurrle goal was something else heh?

Looking very strong ... Fabregas has been excellent.

Fabregas is a jinx. One domestic honour and he spent most of that season on the Nou Camp bench.

Aside from the one-on-one with the keeper, Costa has looked like a big lump tonight.

Costa is the oldest looking 25 year old I've ever seen. He looks older than Charlie Adam ffs.

Fred Flintstone.

He looks like a member of the Ant Hill Mob from Penelope Pitstop. Him and Gus Poyet.

Carragher has a drink problem.

simonr wrote:
shaunstrudwick wrote:
dutchy101 wrote:

Another striker is needed desperately

still after Falcao on loan according to reports

We'll fuck that one up trying to haggle and push down the wages, either waiting til 10pm on deadline day to push it through or letting another club get him.

The trick is to steam in if he's even remotely interested and agree to the £200k a week : which is just a swap for Suarez's wage and the going rate.

Failing that the Yanks just need to admit they have no ambition aside from hoping to do an Athletico.

agreed - if we are serious we should just pay it

would rather have Cavani if it's an option however - which it isn't obviously

no idea what we were playing at letting Origivi go back to Lille on loan this season tbh

check out my hearthis.at page

living la vida Strudders

Big Fella wrote:

I would be Cesc Flabbergast if we sign those four players simon.

Get Hannu  ..  quick.

BF has been hacked by Matt Black.

SimonR

This is the most important document at United.

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_fil … 2014-1.pdf

Following on from the evening standard report on friday that 'oliver' and' jessica' are the most popular boys names in the country, with 'muhammed 'the most popular in london..i can confirm that the most popular name in an around the utopian borough of hammersmith and fulham  FC , is 'Nigel'

http://seventiesmusic.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/xtc-making-plans-for-nigel-1979-single-cover.jpg

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Tuesday Aug 2014 00:41:25)

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence."

My youngest has about eight mates called Ollie.  People are fucking thick.

Reckon Costa's got a dodgy passport.

No way he's 25.

GLenn hoddle's nickname at qpr is 'gene hunt' among the players,

i reckon theres a bit of uber lounge lizard brian ferry twixt his wardrobe.

not the art college stuff of 'do the strand' more 'same old scene' or 'avalon'.

perhaps even the sharkskin skin suit of 'angel eyes' at the qpr xmas do.

i can see glenn now ....manhatten skyline, a very nice chardonnay he's not drinking,
high class hookers and the latest in hi tech spec jcv recorder with tripod
and a rusty coat hanger.,,,,,the lush strings of 'avalon ' adding to the savage frisson of the night......for our own bete noire.

a somewhat barbaric mix of decandence, opulence , wild rats and plastic tubing...

When everything was wrong and everything was gone
We ran to Avalon....

or something like that

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Tuesday Aug 2014 01:18:47)

"Walk with me through the universe, and along the way see how all of us are connected. Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds, in all places seemingly endless, like your own existence."

ive never seen leisure wear like glenns  since commander Koenig in 'space 1999'.

he was on tv at the weekend Dressed to kill as a SHADO pilot, flying an inteceptor on 'UFO'

http://www.cultretro.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/ufo_shado_Crew-480x359.jpg

in addition nothing cements the DNA Of sartorial elegance more than a piece of lattice work on glenns leather jacket not seen since greggs baked a sausage and bean lattice savoury at 4am this morning.

Last edited by EDWARDTHECONFESSOR (Tuesday Aug 2014 01:46:12)

Big Fella wrote:

Too busy patting yourselves on the back to win your first league game I see?

smallman1 wrote:

No way he's 25.

Bit rich of you

Big Fella wrote:

Some nice infographics in there.

Ebitda up and debts down - it looks like the Glazers have won. Still I don't think they'll be getting much of that €1bn Euros on slide 12.

smallman1 wrote:

No way he's 25.

Or Spanish

QPR signing dutch international leroy fer and chile international forward  eduardo vargas from napoli today subject to medicals.

im happier than frank maloney digesting camp vignettes of sailors on shore leave from a victorian show reel on a what the butler saw contraption on aghost town  pier.

well done harold.

Forgot to mention how strong we looked last night.

Still think we'll end up in second though.

You heard it here first (apologies to La Naus.)

EDWARDTHECONFESSOR wrote:

QPR signing dutch international leroy fer and chile international forward  eduardo vargas from napoli today subject to medicals.

im happier than frank maloney digesting camp vignettes of sailors on shore leave from a victorian show reel on a what the butler saw contraption on aghost town  pier.

well done harold.

Two good signings those ETC.

'Arry's bought well this summer.

Smallman1 can I ask why you feel the need to brag in almost every thread you're in? Is that the kind of persona you're proud to have ? Does it give your ego a boost and make you feel more accepted by everyone if you show off every opportunity you get? No one likes a big head mate and you come across as a spoiled brat. You're probably the most self absorbed person I've ever seen on a message board. You seem like the person who likes to make out has everything but ultimately has nothing.
Pretty tedious but you seem to enjoy the roll of being obnoxious so don't let me stop you.

Mogsy wrote:

Smallman1 can I ask why you feel the need to brag in almost every thread you're in? Is that the kind of persona you're proud to have ? Does it give your ego a boost and make you feel more accepted by everyone if you show off every opportunity you get? No one likes a big head mate and you come across as a spoiled brat. You're probably the most self absorbed person I've ever seen on a message board. You seem like the person who likes to make out has everything but ultimately has nothing.
Pretty tedious but you seem to enjoy the roll of being obnoxious so don't let me stop you.

Ironically, I think he doesn't take himself too seriously and comes across as really quite funny.

Can I come to yours for the Bedrock afters, Ed?

Fair enough. Some people find Richard Hammond funny too.