Re: John Digweed - Re:Structured - Released December 4th

...it'll be a great day when Beatport implodes, capitalist pigs

Amps wrote:
j.p sykes wrote:

all very nice, enjoyed the DVD too.

Great to blast out the Bog remix of Emerald, massive.

Lay it on me brother, do I need to buy this?

At the end of the day mate, it's a tenner for shit loads of great individual tracks, a great live mix and a documentary that makes you want to go out clubbing.

You can't say fairer than that.

LATEST MIXES FOR D/LOAD:
http://soundcloud.com/jp-sykes

Amen.

smashdad wrote:
simonr wrote:
shaunstrudwick wrote:

thanks - was gonna ask where best to purchase this

got the Sudbeat comp from Beatport but no mixes included - so not going to use them for this

Beatport more expensive (£12.55 + VAT) but still great value (get 10% off with the DECMXMG code) : added advantage of upgrading the best tracks to aiff for £0.75 each.

Getting the CD3 tracks is a huge bonus. Didn't have the originals of Fear & Self Loathing or Track For Life which would have cost £4+ combined alone on release smile

So what's that on Beatport for the lossless package - thick end of £45?!

£12.49 for the lot in lossless on Junodownload...

Huge price diff. Does Juno do AIFF as an option ? They only seem to do 192 (why?) 320 and WAV

SimonR

simonr wrote:

Huge price diff. Does Juno do AIFF as an option ? They only seem to do 192 (why?) 320 and WAV

Buy the WAV and convert to AIFF if that's what you fancy. Definitely better as it can be properly tagged. dbpoweramp app is well worth it's cost, or can be found free if you are cunning enough.

Still waiting for it to be delivered. UGH.

^^^^ Me too

I'm so open minded people throw all sorts of rubbish in there.

Me too.

Always pre-order as soon as these things become available, but always within the last few people to get hold of it.

Never learn my lesson and order off amazon where its probably cheaper.  Not even getting a cheeky John signature with these are we?

Doesn't mess with the classics.

fletcher wrote:

Me too.

Always pre-order as soon as these things become available, but always within the last few people to get hold of it.

Never learn my lesson and order off amazon where its probably cheaper.  Not even getting a cheeky John signature with these are we?

I ordered mine from Amazon and was a bit miffed that it arrived on Saturday and not the day of release.

I thought the whole compilation was supposed to me mixed?  The tracks on the 1st 2 discs are 'joined' together, but I wouldn't exactly describe them as mixed.  I noticed this with the Underground Sound of Ibiza 2 compilation released earlier this year.  Is this a way of making them DJ friendly without doing a separate release?

Last edited by SilverGrey (Tuesday Dec 2015 20:51:09)

simonr wrote:

Does Juno do AIFF as an option ? They only seem to do 192 (why?) 320 and WAV

Not 100% sure - will check next time I buy something - I have my Juno preferences defaulted to purchase 'WAV' and download in FLAC format with 'art' attached.

If they don't offer AIFF and you can't use FLACs then, like aural said, you could purchase/download as WAVs and then convert to AIFF and tag as desired.

SilverGrey wrote:
fletcher wrote:

Me too.

I ordered mine from Amazon and was a bit miffed that it arrived on Saturday and not the day of release.

I thought the whole compilation was supposed to me mixed?  The tracks on the 1st 2 discs are 'joined' together, but I wouldn't exactly describe them as mixed.  I noticed this with the Underground Sound of Ibiza 2 compilation released earlier this year.  Is this a way of making them DJ friendly without doing a separate release?

Sounds plausible.

CD arrived today but too tired to listen to it tonight. Will blast it tomorrow in work.

I'm a bit disappointed that the first two discs aren't properly mixed? Says on the box "compiled and mixed"

Hmmm

It does seem pointless creating a single track containing the individual unmixed album tracks.

Pricer wrote:

CD arrived today but too tired to listen to it tonight. Will blast it tomorrow in work.

I'm a bit disappointed that the first two discs aren't properly mixed? Says on the box "compiled and mixed"

Hmmm

So the first 2 are compiled, and the 3rd one is mixed....

Pricer wrote:

Hmmm

Piss take. Won't be getting my dough for this.

tribal_goose wrote:

It does seem pointless creating a single track containing the individual unmixed album tracks.

Pretty much agree with this, if the tracks are unmixed then why do you need to put up two unmixed compilations as well, can understand on the cd but when you've got all the individual tracks already it does seem a bit unnecessary.
Having said that this is an excellent compilation and it's rare to find so many playable tracks in one collection, Ibiza had some great tracks on it but this one has so many it will be a struggle to fit them all into your sets. The Montel remix of Beautiful strange and the Bog remix of Emerald are particular stand outs but some of the tracks on CD1 are very good as well. Definitely a tenner well spent

I am glad everyone is enjoying listening to this.

I really am.

tick tock... tick tock....

Just listened through it. There's some stand out tracks on it, but the only CD that I'll play regularly is CD 3.

The individual tracks makes it a great package for the DJs out there....

Some of the individual tracks are huge. It's hard to pick a favourite, but the Emerald remix by BOG and Joseki's remix of Santiago are very good indeed!!

Giving this a right old swerve.

Il Postino Patt has finally delivered the goods.

Hold tight for a review.

The whole release is available on Digital Tunes for a nice price including mp3, WAV, FLAC and ALAC formats.

https://www.digital-tunes.net/releases/ … structured

Just watching the dvd. The girlfriend is on for 2 mins trying to claim prog credentials for the night at Gorilla.  She said the cameraman was having a perv.

Anyway back to listening.

Moderate Rock

The live mix is brilliant, such a great flow of tunes.  I didn't really appreciate how deadly that Dave Angel track is, but in the mix here its proper mustard.

Digging the DVD too - shame there's not more club footage really but it was fun trying to spot people I know at Heaven (2 so far).  Note:- Did you play "Emerald" at Heaven or did it just synch well with the footage? Can't rememeber!

The Montel remix of Beautiful Strange is great, and I think I prefer the downtempo mix of Santiago to the original, works very nicely.

Need to give the "structures" disc a few more listens through, but some nice tracks on there so far.  Great package all together, cheers John & Co.