Re: Robert Miles

I know it's massively trance but the Tilt version's a bit of a guilty pleasure.

Felch Aid wrote:

Dermo did you go to Renaissance birthday at Colwick Hall Circa 96 when Diggers was on and  Miles did a PA? Fluffy bloody clouds and a bird I went with who enjoyed far too much of the columbian stuff.

I did yeh. But can't hardly remember Miles being on at all. Think I was too munted and sat outside. All I remember of that night is sitting on a big set of stairs outside the main room. Was that the night there was a string quartet on as you walked in at the start of the night and cunts walking round with trays of volovants ? Wtf was all that about? LOL Wasn't the dance floor a black and white harlequin cheque too? Haha
That's when Oakes had fully lost the plot with it all.

'When there's life to be lived - and God Damnit I've lived it  I've just run out of accounts with Bedrock for the password to hack

digitalfix wrote:

Tilt version is ace imo

millsy23 wrote:

Cue lots of meffs doing their own tribute edits (i.e butchering) on soundcloud.

lol

https://soundcloud.com/djpaulhamilton/r … e-2017-mix

a recent piece i penned, in the "classics you detest thread.

zackster wrote:

robert miles; children

what type of life does a person live to listen to this absolute shit? i would never consider this a classic, but it's right in line with much of the other shit listed here.

anyway, i got to play a show tonight, and the dude who came on after me opened up with this fucking monstrosity. the poor guy was super nice and crazy enthusiastic. i swear that he just got off of the closing shift from best buy. he had a nose ring, and wore a pentagram necklace. so my last tune was luke slater; love (loved). after he (dj iudex) got done telling me that my last track was "hot shit" he breaks out his first record, looks at me with raised eye brows, and goes "robert miles" ;-). i didn't know who robert miles was until the first piano key was stuck. the horror, the horror. i felt bad not sticking around for what i can only assume were shots of "jager", but i just couldn't. now that piece of shit tune is stuck in my head.

Heart warming eulogy that Zackster. Would be a lovely touch to share that on his memorial twitter thread.

'When there's life to be lived - and God Damnit I've lived it  I've just run out of accounts with Bedrock for the password to hack

Oh and yes it is wank. i always fast-forwarded it when it got to that part on Ren 2.

shaunstrudwick wrote:
digitalfix wrote:

Tilt version is ace imo

The Breeder remix was good.

'When there's life to be lived - and God Damnit I've lived it'
Dogmong 2017

Dermatron wrote:

Heart warming eulogy that Zackster. Would be a lovely touch to share that on his memorial twitter thread.

Old Zack is still working on melody. Oh the envy.

Dogmong 2017

jamie wrote:
millsy23 wrote:

lol

Surely a Jaap Lightheart (or whatever his name is) version is on the way?

[la nausee]the eyeties could have stuck Joe Le Taxi on as last tune and saved Bobby the trouble[/la Nausee]

jamie wrote:

yep

I've even seen her on the Guardian website Blind date section.

the slut.

You used to go out with Smalls?

BedRob voted out. He isn't a racist. But he IS a thicket.

digitalfix wrote:
jamie wrote:
millsy23 wrote:

lol

Surely a Jaap Lightheart (or whatever his name is) version is on the way?

https://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/16533_700b.jpg

steelydan wrote:

Ed went to that one.

Nope. He was test-flying NASA's latest Space Shuttle that day.

fadass wrote:

[la nausee]the eyeties could have stuck Joe Le Taxi on as last tune and saved Bobby the trouble[/la Nausee]

Top tune. Vanessa Paradis!

La Nausee wrote:
fadass wrote:

Top tune. Vanessa Paradis!

fuck me did I rub my 13 year old balls raw over that little kitten. Then Lenny savaged it.

La Naus is a good lookin lad but that's a bit much Roberto...

lol such dreamy eyes

Felch Aid wrote:

Dermo did you go to Renaissance birthday at Colwick Hall Circa 96 when Diggers was on and  Miles did a PA? Fluffy bloody clouds and a bird I went with who enjoyed far too much of the columbian stuff.

I went to that one. Remember this was his first UK appearance of the track, just as it was taking hold of the underground and before chart success. He stood at the front with a Yamaha and played (probably mimed) it. Can't remember if he did any other track after. BT also did a medley of loving you more live amongst other tracks.

A bit late to the party on this one, but I certainly recall when I heard this first...

It was the summer of 1994 (5?) - whenever it was that it was first released before hitting Platipus.  Anyway, I was at a weekend long rave called the World Trance Festival at a race track outside of Toronto.  This particular area is known for tornadoes.  On the Friday night, one decided to rip through the entire festival and I nearly died - but that's another story in itself...  The tornado pretty much decimated festival grounds and the organizers weren't sure if they were going to be able to get things back on track again of if they had to cancel the event. 

After several runs back to Toronto for additional PA after the tornado shredded the rest, they managed to scrape together enough of a PA to continue the weekend.  People weren't exactly sure what was going on, so the people camped in the hills by the stages were just chilling playing things out of their car radios.  At about 11 AM, the opening bars of 'Children' dropped and the place went absolutely pear shaped.  You could hear the roar of the 3,000 people camped around the site as it kicked in.  The hair on my neck stood up from that. 

For me it was always an underground track that took off.  I admit to having a soft spot for it, but I've always preferred the Tilt version of it.  Once you couldn't get away from hearing Children everywhere, I soon tired of it.

Jamie is right though.  Before that, there was nothing else like it!

As a musician, Robert Miles went on to do some pretty cool stuff.  His Dreamland album is actually his worst one.  The ones that followed are excellent.

There was music like it at the time. You just weren't looking hard enough.

Dogmong 2017

Aye its fuckin bollix that there wasnt anything like it before. Absolute utter fucking nonsense. People like PVD , Jam & Spoon, Dance 2 Trance were making similar years before. So was Cosmic baby.

Boss tune that Dermo. Kid Paul remix on the flipside.

Dogmong 2017