Re: General election 8th June 2017

If there's one politician less popular than May at the moment, it's got to be Hunt. How is he still in that job?

Good to see Gove back.

smallman1 wrote:

Good to see Gove back.

You've got to the be fucking kidding lol.

Thought May despised him - must be a "give him a job or you're out of one" move from Boris.

Awful control   Broken physics   Horrific AI   Weak voice work   Poor textures.

And that's just Wally on the pull.

Wally wrote:

Waiting for confirmation on that one. I thought DUP were soft brexit?

Ok, ok - hang on a sec...  (Sorry Wally - didn't specifically mean to pick on one of your posts to get this off my chest - just happened that way.)

This whole fucking 'Soft Brexit v Hard Brexit' needs calling out for what it is.  It's spurious bollocks that only exists to fill the media vacuum that was created on the morning of 24th June last year and continues to this very moment.

No cunt on earth can yet give ANY sort of detailed definition to 'Brexit' - nobody - not one - which is why after Theresa May fired the starting gun on her 'Brexit Election' not one single party talked about Brexit in any substantial way - because no cunt on earth has any actual insight into what the forthcoming negotiations will produce.  And no-one should be surprised by that - it's never been done before - there is no precedent to draw from... 

But the media hate a vacuum so this notion has evolved of a menu of Brexits from which we can choose.

In one respect Theresa May was right - Brexit does mean Brexit.  At this stage the one word has but one macro definition.  Tories and Labour are both committed to following through on withdrawing freedom of movement and the EC is abundantly clear that that will mean having to fully leave the single market.  That is Brexit. 

For anybody that saw Yanis Varoufakis on CH4's election night coverage (or any of the other TV appearances he's made recently espousing the same argument) he is bang fucking on it when he says the truth is that the European Commission's negotiating team are going to be harsh and they're not going to be negotiating in the interests of Europe as a whole at all, but vigorously defending the EC Project as they see it, which is a substantially different concept. 

Fuck the DUP and fuck Theresa May for being so desperate.  Two months ago the UK was heading into negotiations to sort out the Brexit minutiae on a level playing field - now, as the sole result of her hubris, the UK is on the back foot and already two full months behind where it could've been against an already tight two year deadline and captained by fatally wounded figurehead.

smallman1 wrote:

Good to see Gove back.

stop quoting your Dad.

'When there's life to be lived - and God Damnit I've lived it'
Dogmong 2017

smashdad wrote:

No cunt on earth can yet give ANY sort of detailed definition to 'Brexit' - nobody - not one - which is why after Theresa May fired the starting gun on her 'Brexit Election' not one single party talked about Brexit in any substantial way - because no cunt on earth has any actual insight into what the forthcoming negotiations will produce.  And no-one should be surprised by that - it's never been done before - there is no precedent to draw from...

smashdad wrote:

In one respect Theresa May was right - Brexit does mean Brexit.  At this stage the one word has but one macro definition.  Tories and Labour are both committed to following through on withdrawing freedom of movement and the EC is abundantly clear that that will mean having to fully leave the single market.  That is Brexit.  .

You seem to be contradicting yourself here?

monostereo wrote:
smashdad wrote:

smashdad wrote:

In one respect Theresa May was right - Brexit does mean Brexit.  At this stage the one word has but one macro definition.  Tories and Labour are both committed to following through on withdrawing freedom of movement and the EC is abundantly clear that that will mean having to fully leave the single market.  That is Brexit.  .

You seem to be contradicting yourself here?

I didn't think I had...

I think Ed is joking...no one likes Gove...

If May is going to do a U-turn, let it be on hard vs soft Brexit.... I bet if you polled the nation now people would want it soft (or not at all). Why did she have to dig herself into a hole over this?

Last edited by jules72 (Sunday Jun 2017 21:20:33)

smallman1 wrote:

Good to see Gove back.

Possible DUP concession?

Christ .. She hasn't learnt anything has she? She'd be an amazing replacement for Spicey if he ever goes https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/873983788954640391

Last edited by digitalfix (Sunday Jun 2017 21:24:29)

Can't find the clip of him I wanted from Ch4 on election night but this one is not a bad listen - Varoufakis on the EC's modus operandi...

Question Time and especially Have I Got News For You on Friday were great.  Watch the latter on iPlayer asap.

This is painful viewing all round. When will she accept defeat and walk? A complete fucking cluster.

smashdad wrote:

Can't find the clip of him I wanted from Ch4 on election night but this one is not a bad listen - Varoufakis on the EC's modus operandi...

He got hired by Valve Software (makers of half life) to design their in game economies and got fired after two days because he was such a colossally arrogant twat that wound everyone up.

When it came to Greece / EU negotiations, he got forced out with the EU saying they would only continue negotiations if he got removed.

Trufax.

An intelligent person for sure but not all sunshine and lollipops - seems a bit of an idealist rather than a realist.

Last edited by Wally (Monday Jun 2017 10:00:19)

She won't last the week.  And rightly so.  The bitch.

Wally wrote:

An intelligent person for sure but not all sunshine and lollipops - seems a bit of an idealist rather than a realist.

Like Corbyn, only corbyn doesn't have the intelligence either.

benson wrote:
Wally wrote:

People are sick of experts Benson.;)

A few pages back we were discussing the need for a regulated internet to combat "the war on terror."

Someone was saying we should take the politicians at face value on this one to which I vehemently disagree saying it was a smoke screen for legislation they wanted to introduce anyway,

I ask said person to consider this one:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/ … ction-2017

Newspapers no longer matter - how curious that moves are being made to control the internet now instead all under the banner of "the war on terror".

monostereo wrote:

It's not all bad.  If anything the Cons working with the DUP is a good thing. 

Can't say I know an awful lot about politics in Northern Ireland, but from what I've seen on telly the DUP at least seem like a reasonable set of blokes:

Gotta give to Harry there got the accent down to a tee.  Part Gerry part Paisley.

Wally wrote:

He got hired by Valve Software (makers of half life) to design their in game economies and got fired after two days because he was such a colossally arrogant twat that wound everyone up.

When it came to Greece / EU negotiations, he got forced out with the EU saying they would only continue negotiations if he got removed.

Trufax.

Good grief - 'colossally arrogant twat' you say Wally - well I never...

*chuckles*

benson wrote:
Wally wrote:

There are all sorts of different qualities, definitions and measures of 'intelligence' Benson - but I know that we both know that...

I'd wager Theresa May would give her husband's left bollock to be able to have a fraction of the 'emotional intelligence' that Corbyn quite naturally displays in spades.

smashdad wrote:
Wally wrote:

Trufax.

Good grief - 'colossally arrogant twat' you say Wally - well I never...

*chuckles*

Recognise one of your own do you Kev?

Wally wrote:

Not so well as I recognise irony Walter.

But to have your insight into the minutiae of the EC/Greek negotiations, oh what I'd give - can't be many games company coders that get the inside skinny like you do...

Last edited by smashdad (Tuesday Jun 2017 21:11:39)

Nice summary of the election from the Times:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCLw3xaWsAAsenF.jpg

smashdad wrote:
Wally wrote:

But to have your insight into the minutiae of the EC/Greek negotiations, oh what I'd give - can't be many games company coders that get the inside skinny like you do...

Easy enough Sgt. BantDad - just need to learn to read. For example that pearl of information came from an interview with Yanis shortly after he was let go by the Greek EU team.

Knowledge is out there dude. Only yourself to blame if you don't take advantage of that.

Wally wrote:
smashdad wrote:
Wally wrote:

Easy enough Sgt. BantDad - just need to learn to read. For example that pearl of information came from an interview with Yanis shortly after he was let go by the Greek EU team.

Knowledge is out there dude. Only yourself to blame if you don't take advantage of that.

Ah, ok - so you'll take Varoufakis at his word when it suits your argument but you'll dismiss his words inelegantly when it doesn't?!  I think I've got your measure now Walter...

*edit*
I am keen on learning this thing you call 'reading' though - can't imagine how I've got thus far without it - how about I try to learn some of this 'reading' if you try and give 'thinking' a go...

Last edited by smashdad (Tuesday Jun 2017 21:56:40)