Re: General election 8th June 2017

If Labour were going to be given a chance to form a government surely they would have also had to go to the DUP or the other rabble to try and form a majority, wouldnt they? Otherwise, they would also be dead in the water, no?

Agreed that the Conservatives are currently a disgrace though, but I think that's the case for all the major British political parties since the referendum.

Prog God

All you need are one or two Tories to vote against the whip and they're in a pickle.

That is true. But, the same can definitely be said about Labour if they got in as well. Considering some 100+ MPs have actively come out against Corbyn since he has been the dear leader.

I'm not sure the Cons are up for another internal battle just now, but time will tell. With such a slender majority any unrest would turf them out of No.10 in no time. What you are going to see is Whip politics come in to play in a bigger way than usual. Hence, all the commentary has been for a softer Brexit since the Election. Anything related to that needs to be managed for the best possibly result. Will the Government put themselves in jeopardy for the sake of vanity?

Prog God

millsy23 wrote:

'IF YOU DON'T GIVE US WHAT WE WANT, THERE'S GONNA BE A BANG!'

joke

That party don't take their seats in Westminster!  DUP for their critics are shrewd at negotiating and that is a fair chunk 1.5 billion altogether.

Last edited by DuFunk (Monday Jun 2017 14:40:00)

Shrud?

------------
From a sliding glass door, through white curtains fluttering in the breeze, comes Bruno, Guetta's elegant manservant. The two exchange a few words in French, and Bruno re-emerges a few minutes later with salads.

DuFunk wrote:
millsy23 wrote:

'IF YOU DON'T GIVE US WHAT WE WANT, THERE'S GONNA BE A BANG!'

joke

That party don't take their seats in Westminster!  DUP for their critics are shrewd at negotiating and that is a fair chunk 1.5 billion altogether.

So, the deal is a good thing for the people of Northern Ireland?

Prog God

Dan Harwood wrote:

That is true. But, the same can definitely be said about Labour if they got in as well. Considering some 100+ MPs have actively come out against Corbyn since he has been the dear leader.

I think that 100 were mainly against him because they assumed that his policies and leadership would make the Labour Party unelectable. Pretty much the same as everyone else thought and were all proved wrong.

I think we can assume they will take a slightly different stance after the last election results.

I'll bet Sinn Féin are delighted with all this.

'When there's life to be lived - and God Damnit I've lived it'
Dogmong 2017

£10 says they aren't.

In a nutshell yes the money will have to come out of some were so it would be seen as a bad deal for the rest of the UK!

steelydan wrote:

I'll bet Sinn Féin are delighted with all this.

Cant wait to see what Aul Gerry makes of it,  pressure is on SF now to get Stormont up and running again as the money will only be released when devolution happens,  which will be a set back for their United Ireland plans.

jamie wrote:
Dan Harwood wrote:

I think that 100 were mainly against him because they assumed that his policies and leadership would make the Labour Party unelectable. Pretty much the same as everyone else thought and were all proved wrong.

I think we can assume they will take a slightly different stance after the last election results.

Jamie, they lost?

Prog God

Dan Harwood wrote:
jamie wrote:
Dan Harwood wrote:

Jamie, they lost?

Only just. If it hadn't been for the fucking shambles of the SNP then they would have won. And if the Grenfall Tower had happened a week sooner then I really think they would have won even more of the vote.

The last few months have raised the awareness of him hugely - so much so that even the Daily Mail have backed off him.

They may have lost but you can bet that with the amount of people that voted for them and the way the populus swung towards Labour over recent weeks, that any decisions that the Tories try to impliment will be a lot less harsh than before for fear of losing even more votes.

jamie wrote:
Dan Harwood wrote:
jamie wrote:

Jamie, they lost?

Only just. If it hadn't been for the fucking shambles of the SNP then they would have won. And if the Grenfall Tower had happened a week sooner then I really think they would have won even more of the vote.

The last few months have raised the awareness of him hugely - so much so that even the Daily Mail have backed off him.

They may have lost but you can bet that with the amount of people that voted for them and the way the populus swung towards Labour over recent weeks, that any decisions that the Tories try to impliment will be a lot less harsh than before for fear of losing even more votes.

To me it's laughable that we just have 2 parties which trade places here and there. One appears to like spending money we don't have and the other likes to cut to protect the middle/ upper classes.

We go round and round and round doing the same shit. Blair is the neew messiah oh no he's not he's a baby killer.

Cameron is cleaning up the mess. Oh no he's not he's taken us into brexit the cunt.

Then there is may. Jesus Christ. When will all this shit end. When will we actually have a decent run and actually have a process that reflects 2017. The fact we can't vote online says it all. They are all (including Corbyn) a bunch of political cunts that haven't earned my trust. Give a straight answer ffs.

The next election should be run on binary only questions and at the hit of a button online. Fu k off.

As an aside under who's watch was the cladding installed? Does anyone know that?

Republik of Saddleworth

It's always Labours fault Joey.

And Liverpool's.

this made me lol -

http://newsthump.com/2017/06/26/eu-brex … lion-quid/

So May calls an unnecessary election and the consequence of her incompetent judgement is a £1bn pork barrel bribe to buy the votes of ten Northern Irish MPs to prop up this rancid government.  Meanwhile no money for police, nurses, doctors, the disabled, or schools.

Strong and stable.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCJFTH0XUAAZT5v.jpg

Just one more thing...

Squidgy wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCJFTH0XUAAZT5v.jpg

Lol

I see the Tories/DUP voted against the pay rise (in line with inflation) for the emergency services. Disappointing after recent events. It'll work wonders for their moral.

'When there's life to be lived - and God Damnit I've lived it'
Dogmong 2017

If they removed the pay cap they would do via their own bill, not Labour's... hardly surprising.

Last edited by jules72 (Thursday Jun 2017 15:39:14)

I wasn't really a fan of Frankie Boyle's until recently - I missed this on election night, but it's very funny and well worth a watch

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 … -episode-1

Grant wrote:

I wasn't really a fan of Frankie Boyle's until recently - I missed this on election night, but it's very funny and well worth a watch

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 … -episode-1

He has always been brilliant. Just a shame the BBC got rid of him for a while.

Great to see they have reversed this decision and unleashed him again. Some of the shit he comes up with has me in stitches.

Dan Harwood wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40451301

Strong and stable.

Prog God