Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Watched The Big Sick and enjoyed it thoroughly. A typical Jude Apatow romp and it reminds of Funny People, which I loved. Plus lots of indian subcontinent vibes. Ray Romano and Holly Hunter are genius in it also. Definitely up there with Get Out as one of my favourite movies for 2017 so far. A solid 8.5/10 for me.

Looking forward to that one. Whatshisname Kumali is my favorite character in Silicon Valley.

It's a good watch Hannu, very funny script and apparently a true story based on his life.

Had a flick through Netflix last night to select downloads for my commute into London and came across 'Closer'. Had previously discounted for obvious reasons (it has Jude Law in it) and then remembered Hanners had put it squarely in the 'classic' bracket on this thread. 'Well', thought I 'Hanners has always been absolutely bang on the money and is now my de facto film expert since ol' Barry Norman is sitting on his faux leather chair in the sky'.

It's an abomination. A classic in the same way Sex Lives of the Potato Men is a classic. Crap. 1/10 for Natalie Portman being half naked for much of it (I think I may see why Hanners believes it's a classic, actually)

Next up: Gattica

------------
From a sliding glass door, through white curtains fluttering in the breeze, comes Bruno, Guetta's elegant manservant. The two exchange a few words in French, and Bruno re-emerges a few minutes later with salads.

I watched Michael Clayton last night
7.5/10

Enjoyed it.

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

yeah, good film is Michael Clayton

UNLIKE CLOSER

------------
From a sliding glass door, through white curtains fluttering in the breeze, comes Bruno, Guetta's elegant manservant. The two exchange a few words in French, and Bruno re-emerges a few minutes later with salads.

millsy23 wrote:

Had a flick through Netflix last night to select downloads for my commute into London and came across 'Closer'. Had previously discounted for obvious reasons (it has Jude Law in it) and then remembered Hanners had put it squarely in the 'classic' bracket on this thread. 'Well', thought I 'Hanners has always been absolutely bang on the money and is now my de facto film expert since ol' Barry Norman is sitting on his faux leather chair in the sky'.

It's an abomination. A classic in the same way Sex Lives of the Potato Men is a classic. Crap. 1/10 for Natalie Portman being half naked for much of it (I think I may see why Hanners believes it's a classic, actually)

Well, I've not seen it. I think you confuse me with someone else. Gattaca I did call great though.

Homegrove wrote:

Gattaca for sure is. As is Closer.

But you've not seen it? Fake news!

You've not seen? Ah, you should, fucking brilliant film.

------------

Closer was indeed a load of flange. Had to IMDb it , saw it ages ago.

Marber... middle class, white , London bollix. As usual.

Hmmm. Not sure what I was thinking there. But yeah, not seen it.

im in the middle of struggling through Anthropoid. Its tough going. Slow as a wet week.

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

Colossal 8/10.  Worth a watch good laugh def have a thing for Anne Hathaway.

Dufunk that looks absolutely diabolical. You are obviously taking the piss.

I hope.

Get out 6/10. No chance I'd watch it again. Could've been much better and the ending was awful.

Just one more thing...

Squidgy wrote:

Get out 6/10. No chance I'd watch it again. Could've been much better and the ending was awful.

That ending wasn't for everyone, but I liked the way it ends. Did you see the more dark alternate ending doing the rounds on the internet?

Also apparently watching it a second time is good fun, it's far more sinister with lots of glaring signs.

Last edited by Diminished Responsibility (Tuesday Jul 2017 14:41:06)

seanc80 wrote:

Dufunk that looks absolutely diabolical. You are obviously taking the piss.

I hope.

Never judge a trailer Sean!  That new Will Ferrell one looks crap but I'm hearing good reviews.

Diminished Responsibility wrote:
Squidgy wrote:

That ending wasn't for everyone, but I liked the way it ends. Did you see the more dark alternate ending doing the rounds on the internet?

Also apparently watching it a second time is good fun, it's far more sinister with lots of glaring signs.

I didn't enjoy it enough to bother looking into it further tbh, rhouses. Will give them a whirl now you've mentioned them

Just one more thing...

Ok, help me out rhouses. I could only find one alternate ending and it wasn't great

Just one more thing...

It was just that one alternate ending, squidgy. Preferred the original, myself. But thought you might appreciate the alternate since you weren't too happy with the original.

Diminished Responsibility wrote:

It was just that one alternate ending, squidgy. Preferred the original, myself. But thought you might appreciate the alternate since you weren't too happy with the original.

I'll tell you what we're not too happy with Rhouses. Your bullshit.

------------

Gen lol for Gripper Mills.

millsy23 wrote:

You're making quite an effort to prove me wrong lol.

Even Zackster wouldn't chart this bollix.

My son made me watch The Purge : Election Year on Sky last night. It was so spectacularly bad, it defies a ranking. I had never seen any of the other purges but I will seek them out because this was so incredibly awful,  I found if hilarious. Raging I missed it on the big screen. Lol.

Last edited by fadass (Wednesday Jul 2017 22:59:36)

Spiderman : Homecoming - a very strong 8/10 - definitely towards the upper end of Marvel flicks. Add a point if you're a spiderman fan. Great fun smile

Awful control   Broken physics   Horrific AI   Weak voice work   Poor textures.

And that's just Wally on the pull.

Trainspotting 2

Terrible stuff, felt like a 'made for TV' film. Just read the book, which is boss.