Re: **The Bedrock "Rate The Last Movie You Watched" Thread**

Gerald's Game: absolutely awful adaptation of Stephen King's novel of the same name. While the idea of a woman being hand-cuffed to a bed is not unusual to me - or losing the fucking keys when Bonnie is due off the night-shift in, like, an hour and a half....this flick is a stinker.
1/10

The Circle: another book adaptation, this time Dave Egger's novel, which is 1984 meets Google/Facebook. I enjoyed the book and the film is a bit nicey-nicey about the central theme and they fudged the end from the book's conclusion. The type of workplace where a bloke would be entirely within his rights to pull out the semi-automatics. Maybe if I applied myself I too could work there. And last until 10am when some cunt in a pair of pyjamas starts walking his dog around the campus.
4/10

The Day Of The Jackal: the original, not that half-arsed bollocks they made with - possibly - Richard Gere? Anyhow, a classic book and the film is true to the story. Loads of old Citroens and every cunt in it smoking like a soldier. Enjoyable romp. Edward Fox's accent is straight out of a Pathe News reel.
7/10

Ah balls - I was going to watch Gerdild's Game tonight naked & covered in Brussel's pâté. Its gotten some good reviews.

The film not the pâté.

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

seanc80 wrote:
Homegrove wrote:

I know that. Was Sean calling me a girl? Jesus that's an insult from kindergarten.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p … s%20blouse

Well consider my feelings hurt.

seanc80 wrote:

Ah balls - I was going to watch Gerdild's Game tonight naked & covered in Brussel's pâté. Its gotten some good reviews.

The film not the pâté.

me too mate, great minds

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

I ended up watching half of The Tracker with Ray Winstone.

Fairly shite

Competence is such an exotic bird in these woods that I appreciate it whenever I see it.

La Nausee wrote:

Gerald's Game: absolutely awful adaptation of Stephen King's novel of the same name. While the idea of a woman being hand-cuffed to a bed is not unusual to me - or losing the fucking keys when Bonnie is due off the night-shift in, like, an hour and a half....this flick is a stinker.
1/10

The Circle: another book adaptation, this time Dave Egger's novel, which is 1984 meets Google/Facebook. I enjoyed the book and the film is a bit nicey-nicey about the central theme and they fudged the end from the book's conclusion. The type of workplace where a bloke would be entirely within his rights to pull out the semi-automatics. Maybe if I applied myself I too could work there. And last until 10am when some cunt in a pair of pyjamas starts walking his dog around the campus.
4/10

The Day Of The Jackal: the original, not that half-arsed bollocks they made with - possibly - Richard Gere? Anyhow, a classic book and the film is true to the story. Loads of old Citroens and every cunt in it smoking like a soldier. Enjoyable romp. Edward Fox's accent is straight out of a Pathe News reel.
7/10

Agree about Gerald’s Game. Absolute khazi. Cheers Hannu. The day of the jackal is a stone cold classic.

------------
From a sliding glass door, through white curtains fluttering in the breeze, comes Bruno, Guetta's elegant manservant. The two exchange a few words in French, and Bruno re-emerges a few minutes later with salads.

Better Watch Out. Fun festive fairly fucked-up fright flick.

Also watched and liked Gerald's Game. It's better than The Tracker

Blade runner 2049 is immense.

I’m so relieved this wasn’t messed up.

Blade runner 2049 - fair play, a decent effort... any idea why they didn't use any of the original Vangelis stuff? Also, what the are fuck are Peugeot and Usain Bolt doing in it?

bladerunner was not half bad. i fully expected to hate it, but it was not bad at all. the sound track was truly it's own stand alone score, in no way relying on the original, which is quite an accomplishment. the plot was eeeh, but the individual scenes more than made up for it. my only real complaint is that the film had to be tied to the bladerunner series. this easily could have been it's own stand alone movie. too risky a move for current hollywood, i know, but thats why i hate major movies, and refuse to see most all of them.

7/10

thought Geralds Game was ok, 'that' part was fucking horrific mind

When I play......no dog barks!!!!

Nick Sneddon wrote:

If King had written it 30 years' ago when he was on the brown she would've been fucked by the dog.

La Nausee wrote:
Nick Sneddon wrote:

If King had written it 30 years' ago when he was on the brown she would've been fucked by the dog.

Well, at the very least, had her box properly licked.

These aren't the droids we're looking for, you can go about your business now, move along, move along...

ghostriddenhuffy wrote:
La Nausee wrote:
Nick Sneddon wrote:

Well, at the very least, had her box properly licked.

Yep, a nice lapping.

Maybe it wasn't a lap dog. Eh? Eh? Lap dog.

The Accountant.

Can't remember a movie more "average" in a while. There are worse ways to spend two hours I guess. Also a great reminder how bad Ben Affleck is as an actor if he's got the wrong director.

There's something about The Accountant which just didn't add up.

Bang!

The Deep Blue Sea - I managed 8 minutes of it before I pulled the plug - utter shit - 0/10

Watched Daphne instead and that really wasn't that much better.  I think it'd be a very good film if you were convinced by the lead character, but I definitely wasn't.  3/10

A poor evening.

Grant wrote:

The Deep Blue Sea - I managed 8 minutes of it before I pulled the plug - utter shit - 0/10

Watched Daphne instead and that really wasn't that much better.  I think it'd be a very good film if you were convinced by the lead character, but I definitely wasn't.  3/10

A poor evening.

Grant, check out 47 Meters Down or The Shallows - bang on bro!...for more sophisticated cinematic palates.

These aren't the droids we're looking for, you can go about your business now, move along, move along...

ghostriddenhuffy wrote:
Grant wrote:

A poor evening.

Grant, check out 47 Meters Down or The Shallows - bang on bro!...for more sophisticated cinematic palates.

all equally bad.

'When there's life to be lived - and God Damnit I've lived it'
Dogmong 2017

ghostriddenhuffy wrote:
Grant wrote:

A poor evening.

Might take a look at The Shallows - 47 Meters Down looks like a claustrophobic nightmare, especially for someone that loves diving.

Grant wrote:
ghostriddenhuffy wrote:
Grant wrote:

A poor evening.

Might take a look at The Shallows - 47 Meters Down looks like a claustrophobic nightmare, especially for someone that loves diving.

..if you gave 47 Meters Down any more than a solid 0/10 I'd be very surprised, Grant. A right load of stinkin fish is that film.

The Accountant was appalling. sequel in the works.

Even Zackster wouldn't chart this bollix.

Bladerunner 2049:  Enjoyed it.  Beautiful and ambiguous.

monostereo wrote:

Beautiful and ambiguous.

Just like you, sugartits.