Re: The NFL

Bollocks.

Did anyone take a knee?

zackster wrote:

in spite of that fucking shit cunt pete morelli the birds are top of the nfc.................

You're not fooling me Zack, I know you have a giant life-size poster of Zeke Elliot on your wall with one of his classic cut off T-shirts exposing his midsection.  #ElliotEnvy.  See ya next year Dallas - hopefully without HappyClappy and Moronelli.

and the zeke supension is back in place

https://i.makeagif.com/media/8-08-2014/Bg3Qve.gif

Last edited by ghostriddenhuffy (Friday Oct 2017 16:47:49)

These aren't the droids we're looking for, you can go about your business now, move along, move along...

i have to admit, romo calls a very enjoyable game. he and nantz are becoming my favorite duo.

zackster wrote:

i have to admit, romo calls a very enjoyable game. he and nantz are becoming my favorite duo.

Yeah, Romo knows his shit.  They are a great duo.

These aren't the droids we're looking for, you can go about your business now, move along, move along...

i almost spit my beer out when romo told nantz he would hit him with his purse if he cut him off again.

It’s a shame Romo is a massive cunt.

at the top of the conference i can afford to be charitable.

Easy tiger.

Well, in any case, the Eagles look solid.

no no no, huff you've got this all wrong. this is where you say top of the conference are you out of your fucking mind? we've won more super bowls than the birds have appeared in, you stupid cunt.

You took the words right out of my mouth, Zach

Rams/Jags is the game of the week.

Jesus wept.

Reckon that’ll be a good game.

Grant wrote:

Reckon that’ll be a good game.

Yeah, could be. Just odd that a Goff/Bortles battle would be a game of interest in week 6.

things are good. things are good.

Fuck me, bad Gruden came storming back with a bang.

Stupidly easy game to win

Carnage everywhere.  Rodgers out for the year.  Chiefs lost.   Kaepernick files a grievance with the NFL alleging collusion ( easily gets the cunt of the year award...as bad as Weinstein).  If proved, it could terminate the CBA prematurely, possibly destroying the NFL in the process if the players strike for a better CBA.  Fucking cunts playing the 'race card' claiming racial injustice while they disrespect the anthem and earn millions...yeah, my heart goes out to their plight - a bunch of  overpaid primadonna's...ironic how it's only blacks, not Asians, Hispanics, Samoans, Europeans, Australians, Pacific Islanders, Canadians, or other minorities playing in the NFL - all of which have 'suffered sooooo much at the hands of those awful policemen'.  Fuck you Kaepernick, you whiny little bitch...oh wha wha wha...the Titans didn't want me, so I'll file a grievance.   After this, nobody's gonna want you, you magnanimous cunt.  Well done Eagles and Redskins - carry the NFC East proudly.

The refs last night were diabolical in our game - that on it's own nearly cost us the game, but combine that with our inability to make adjustments at half-time, or have a plan B should the other team have the temerity to make adjustments of their own, and you've got a nightmare.

We really should've lost last night.  Still, 3-2 with the Eagles coming up next week.  Not looking forward to that mind.

ghostriddenhuffy wrote:

Carnage everywhere.  Rodgers out for the year.  Chiefs lost.   Kaepernick files a grievance with the NFL alleging collusion ( easily gets the cunt of the year award...as bad as Weinstein).  If proved, it could terminate the CBA prematurely, possibly destroying the NFL in the process if the players strike for a better CBA.  Fucking cunts playing the 'race card' claiming racial injustice while they disrespect the anthem and earn millions...yeah, my heart goes out to their plight - a bunch of  overpaid primadonna's...ironic how it's only blacks, not Asians, Hispanics, Samoans, Europeans, Australians, Pacific Islanders, Canadians, or other minorities playing in the NFL - all of which have 'suffered sooooo much at the hands of those awful policemen'.  Fuck you Kaepernick, you whiny little bitch...oh wha wha wha...the Titans didn't want me, so I'll file a grievance.   After this, nobody's gonna want you, you magnanimous cunt.  Well done Eagles and Redskins - carry the NFC East proudly.

Wowsers.

Not sure if serious but, whether you agree with Kaep or not, comparing his benign form of protest to an alleged rapist is a bit insane, my man. The politics of race in this country are a problem. That we cannot even agree what even constitutes a "racist" says enough. There are people literally flying Nazi flags and some on the Right are like, "yeah, well, but..." The more conversations the better, IMO. And Kaep, the possibly middling QB that he is, managed to pull that off. I also happen to think he's a decent QB. As Miami starts Jay Cutler. He has a point even if the NFL brass do as well (distractions, et cetera).

blatant attempt by huff to have the thread locked down. smart move too. he knows the shit that he has coming when the birds fly into a first round bye in the playoffs.

Mr. C's Acting Career wrote:
ghostriddenhuffy wrote:

Wowsers.

Not sure if serious but, whether you agree with Kaep or not, comparing his benign form of protest to an alleged rapist is a bit insane, my man. The politics of race in this country are a problem. That we cannot even agree what even constitutes a "racist" says enough. There are people literally flying Nazi flags and some on the Right are like, "yeah, well, but..." The more conversations the better, IMO. And Kaep, the possibly middling QB that he is, managed to pull that off. I also happen to think he's a decent QB. As Miami starts Jay Cutler. He has a point even if the NFL brass do as well (distractions, et cetera).

I'm all in for peoples right to protest, but even protests are organized and must be petitioned for or a permit granted. Kaepernick using the NFL is a platform for his own personal views is absurd in my opinion.   I also think he is a decent quarterback, probably better than half of the NFL's current quarterbacks.  But if you look at what LeBron did with his money, versus these players protesting and kneeling for the national anthem it just doesn't jive for me, plain and simple. My feeling is they just need to put their money where their mouth is and be more proactive in a different avenue.   Everybody in this country is aware of the racial problems that have seen to spiral out of control in recent years, so making a point to highlight that issue in terms of what Kaepernick another NFL players are doing just doesn't make any sense when we're all aware of the racial issues... you will get much more respect when you spend some of your own money or donate it to a worthy cause, that my friend pays dividends not only in the NFL but it your Fan base as well.  ( look at what JJ Watt did for Houston -  raised upwards of 30 million).  It's become an absurd, sideshow circus attraction or lack thereof for the NFL.  Yes, blacks are discriminated against in this country, but not all of them. Not only that, but many ethnic minorities are discriminated against.  Asians are a perfect example of how they simply sidestep the issue and excel in school and academics and are adept at integrating into American society – you don't see them playing the race card do you?  Now Kaep is alleging collusion for a situation that he created?!   The NFL is about forming a great teams, not highlighting the disparity between race – no coach or owner in his right mind is going to want to touch that with a 10 foot pole.  Kaep is a loose cannon surrounded by question marks.   Sorry, but my patience with this bullshit only goes so far.  Enough already.

ghostriddenhuffy wrote:
ghostriddenhuffy wrote:

Wowsers.

I'm all in for peoples right to protest, but even protests are organized and must be petitioned for or a permit granted. Kaepernick using the NFL is a platform for his own personal views is absurd in my opinion.   I also think he is a decent quarterback, probably better than half of the NFL's current quarterbacks.  But if you look at what LeBron did with his money, versus these players protesting and kneeling for the national anthem it just doesn't jive for me, plain and simple. My feeling is they just need to put their money where their mouth is and be more proactive in a different avenue.   Everybody in this country is aware of the racial problems that have seen to spiral out of control in recent years, so making a point to highlight that issue in terms of what Kaepernick another NFL players are doing just doesn't make any sense when we're all aware of the racial issues... you will get much more respect when you spend some of your own money or donate it to a worthy cause, that my friend pays dividends not only in the NFL but it your Fan base as well.  ( look at what JJ Watt did for Houston -  raised upwards of 30 million).  It's become an absurd, sideshow circus attraction or lack thereof for the NFL.  Yes, blacks are discriminated against in this country, but not all of them. Not only that, but many ethnic minorities are discriminated against.  Asians are a perfect example of how they simply sidestep the issue and excel in school and academics and are adept at integrating into American society – you don't see them playing the race card do you?  Now Kaep is alleging collusion for a situation that he created?!   The NFL is about forming a great teams, not highlighting the disparity between race – no coach or owner in his right mind is going to want to touch that with a 10 foot pole.  Kaep is a loose cannon surrounded by question marks.   Sorry, but my patience with this bullshit only goes so far.  Enough already.

Yeah, man, agree to disagree I guess. Kaep has put his money where his mouth is; he has done efforts within his community. Granted, I am in the Bay Area so Kaep's better graces are probably emphasized a bit more, but what (err) Watt did, while great, was pretty low hanging fruit. I mean, who could bash people who are victims of the Earth? Kaep's stance was much tougher and he has paid for it. Big time. I mean, your stance has already won! He is unemployed. And will stay that way. Personally, I think Colin made a very questionable choice. His public persona became bigger than his field influence. For someone to take on racial inequity in this country...I think it would require a Lebron; a truly iconic figure; someone who cannot be colluded against; an Ali; I don't even think Curry could do it despite being as huge as he is. As for the Asian racism point, I guess I don't see a point in out racism-ing. The Japanese during WWII is unique as is the Chinese Exclusion Act as is the African-American experience. Tomato, Tomato. Kaep is still not as bad as a rapist, though smile

Last edited by Mr. C's Acting Career (Tuesday Oct 2017 02:46:26)

ghostriddenhuffy wrote:

Wowsers.

Yeah, man, agree to disagree I guess. Kaep has put his money where his mouth is; he has done efforts within his community. Granted, I am in the Bay Area so Kaep's better graces are probably emphasized a bit more, but what (err) Watt did, while great, was pretty low hanging fruit. I mean, who could bash people who are victims of the Earth? Kaep's stance was much tougher and he has paid for it. Big time. I mean, your stance has already won! He is unemployed. And will stay that way. Personally, I think Colin made a very questionable choice. His public persona became bigger than his field influence. For someone to take on racial inequity in this country...I think it would require a Lebron; a truly iconic figure; someone who cannot be colluded against; an Ali; I don't even think Curry could do it despite being as huge as he is. As for the Asian racism point, I guess I don't see a point in out racism-ing. The Japanese during WWII is unique as is the Chinese Exclusion Act as is the African-American experience. Tomato, Tomato. Kaep is still not as bad as a rapist, though smile

I will say that when I've seen Kaepernick interviewed, he is well spoken, articulate, and even keeled.   I have absolutely nothing against the guy, but I think his efforts could be spent more wisely somewhere else.   On a macro level, all of this has just become a big distraction to the game itself.  Yeah,  and I get it, people just want to ignore the problem and sweep it under the rug – I'm not one of them and I'm aware of what's going on, but I don't want to be reminded about it every time I tune in to watch a game.   There's probably a lot of young kids that look up to Kaepernick, and I think he's just sending the wrong message,  or choosing the wrong avenue to get his message across – however you look at it.   I'm not Kaepernick, and I'm not black, but at one point in my life, I lived on a tiny little pacific island named Guam...and I know what it's feels like to be a minority and picked on for the color of my skin.  I just think what Kaepernick and the other players are doing is creating more disparity and highlighting the issue of racial tension itself and creating more problems along the way then solving them.   The message should be unity, love, compassion, understanding, and empathy.  Difficult times.  So yeah,  I got angry because I believe it's creating more problems than solving them.   As for Zeke Elliot and any other athlete that abuses women, I do not support it for a second. My issue with Zeke was the fact that he was never charged in a court of law,  so it's my believe that Goodelle in the NFL overstepped its bounds in an acting a six game suspension for him when in fact according to the rule of law he is innocent. I believe that something happened, but who knows to the extent that it happened. If you look at the pictures of his ex-girlfriend she looks like a hooker, not that that's a big deal, but it's testament to the kind of person that she is just by the way she dresses...classless -  but never for a second should that warrant physical abuse.   Zeke is immature and has a lot of growing up to do, I have no idea how this will play out in the NFL,  but I feel he's getting a raw deal, and I would say that for any other player that's been treated that way,  not just Zeke Elliot.

PS -  i'll work on my paragraphs Dermo.

Kaepernick should be allowed to protest against racial inequality in any way he chooses without the fear of reprimand or losing his fucking job. What is it with the US and everyone banging on disrespecting the flag and the military? Everyone has been clear that isn’t their intention and if it was, who actually gives a shit? It’s mental, racial inequality is a very real and present danger in the US and it’s getting out of hand. 

All this has turned out to be is yet another platform for Trump to get his supporters frothing at the mouth. It make me sick.

ghostriddenhuffy wrote:

I believe that something happened, but who knows to the extent that it happened. If you look at the pictures of his ex-girlfriend she looks like a hooker, not that that's a big deal, but it's testament to the kind of person that she is just by the way she dresses...classless -  but never for a second should that warrant physical abuse.

That’s a difficult read.